Making partial payment on Carnival website fail

kcbbq

Sub-titled New Carnival website blows and so does customer support

So tried to make a partial payment o a 2019 cruise this morning. The option for partial payment still exists but is grayed out. I tried several end-around and also tried with hubby's cruise manager. Apparently Carnival would be happy to let me pay $2800 for a 2019 cruise but not a penny less.

I tried the support phone number 4 times. I was sent down a rabbit hole twice and disconnectEd twice more. Of course there is NO email support available at all.

Okay, fine Carnival. I guess we'll just keep our money till final payment date late next year instead of giving you use of it.

Anyone else experience this with the new website?

I don't care for the new site either; HOWEVER, if you click on the amount for partial payment and use the up/down arrow it will suddenly not be grayed out any longer. You can then type in the amount you wish to pay. I've done it and others have managed to make partial payments without a huge issue.

I don't care for the new site either; HOWEVER, if you click on the amount for partial payment and use the up/down arrow it will suddenly not be grayed out any longer. You can then type in the amount you wish to pay. I've done it and others have managed to make partial payments without a huge issue.

Thanks for your input, that actually did work. HOWEVER, that is a BUG, not a feature. Fix it Carnival.

Thanks for your input, that actually did work. HOWEVER, that is a BUG, not a feature. Fix it Carnival.

it is a bug with browser compatibility. usually using a different web browser or using internet explorer compatibility mode fixes a lot of those quirks

Sometimes that does make for a work around, but cross browser compatibility is hardly a new concept. Sorry for being snarky , the automated phone calls to Purgatory just got on my last nerve. Vent over. :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I just came here to post this exact same problem. Saw the solution about the arrow keys and "BAM!" I made payment with 3 separate gift cards! This is the dumbest system ever! I was ready to call my PVP this week to have him take payment.

Thanks for the solution!

Sub-titled New Carnival website blows and so does customer support

So tried to make a partial payment o a 2019 cruise this morning. The option for partial payment still exists but is grayed out. I tried several end-around and also tried with hubby's cruise manager. Apparently Carnival would be happy to let me pay $2800 for a 2019 cruise but not a penny less.

I tried the support phone number 4 times. I was sent down a rabbit hole twice and disconnectEd twice more. Of course there is NO email support available at all.

Okay, fine Carnival. I guess we'll just keep our money till final payment date late next year instead of giving you use of it.

Anyone else experience this with the new website?

The new web is the worst and of course John B.S. Heald said lots of people like it. What garbage!!!

Oh, and it also has the box unchecked to add prepaid gratuities when I already have them included. It should be checked already and it's not. It will allow me to select the box it and then increases my balance by $90.65. So what? Then I would be charged twice? I always make sure my PVP puts them in and yes, they are showing in my Invoice and on my General Info page which I printed. What a joke of a website!

Wouldn't this be the smarter thing to do anyway? Why give your money over to Carnival before you need to? If you do that, then they get to make money off your money. Why not put it in a savings account and earn some interest off it instead? Besides, if you fall on hard times and end up needing the money, why do you want it tied up with them, having to wait weeks to get it back when you need it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wouldn't this be the smarter thing to do anyway? Why give your money over to Carnival before you need to? If you do that, then they get to make money off your money. Why not put it in a savings account and earn some interest off it instead? Besides, if you fall on hard times and end up needing the money, why do you want it tied up with them, having to wait weeks to get it back when you need it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some people rather have the money paid to the cruise ship so they don't keep it and spend it one something else ... I personally like to pay for mine well in advance of payment final date

Some people rather have the money paid to the cruise ship so they don't keep it and spend it one something else ... I personally like to pay for mine well in advance of payment final date

I'm the same way. I buy discounted gift cards and would just rather have them credited to the account so I don't lose them or have less chance of them getting messed up. The gift card people already have my money so it makes no difference to me when I pay Carnival.

I've always made partial payments by designating the amount. The selection is grayed out until I type an amount to pay in the box.