CCL onboard credit for owning stock.

dockman

I have probably gotten at least $1000 worth of OBC since buying 100 +shares of CCL several years ago. Not only that but the stock has doubled since my original purchases as well as paying a dividend. Oh that all my investments had paid off like CCL.

My last cruise I was surprised that a lot of the long time Holland cruisers i met were not even aware of the OBC stock deal.

Funny but I don't recall seeing this promoted by HAL on their web site or on board etc. I would think that the CCL marketing gurus would promote this wonderful perk extensively. Maybe they do but for some reason I don't ever see it.

Wonder why?

We purchased stock in Royal Caribbean but were told we either got the stock holder discounts and OBC or the Diamond level benefits or the OBC verdicts when we booked in another ship. We could not combine them so it made holding the stock a much less valuable commodity IMHO. Does Carnival have the same restrictions? We like both lines but get better return cruiser perks from Royal at our level.

Is there a place in your booking to see if the stock credit has been posted?

If you booked direct with HAL, you can see it on whatever HAL calls the financial page(Off hand I can't remember what they call it.

If you book with a Travel agent, you cannot access that page on your booking.

Last week when I request the OBC by FAX to HAL, I had email confirmation within the hour. I always ask for email confirmation.

We purchased stock in Royal Caribbean but were told we either got the stock holder discounts and OBC or the Diamond level benefits or the OBC verdicts when we booked in another ship. We could not combine them so it made holding the stock a much less valuable commodity IMHO. Does Carnival have the same restrictions? We like both lines but get better return cruiser perks from Royal at our level.

No, Carnival does not have the same restrictions. I get both the OBC and my 4 star mariner benefits.

My broker sends me a statement showing just my CCL shares, saves a lot of blacking out. By the way, statement details were still legible after blacking out information with a Sharpie and copying the page to be sent. I cut out account numbers and anything else with an X-Acto knife before copying and mailing.

Just (30 min ago) handed my TA a shareholder proof...

• Brought up a PDF copy from broker's website in a browser

• Used "Snipping Tool" (Windows, dunno Apple) to paste image in Paint program

• Put opaque rectangles over almost everything

• Printed it

X-Acto knives bite me. ;) No chance of Sharpie bleed-through, either. :cool:

What you say is all true, I know. But the only time I was asked to delay my request was when I put it in extraordinarily early, like more than a year in advance. I've only had two cruises after July (since I became a shareholder) and neither time was I asked to delay until after the AGM and approval of the benefit. As I said, I've already been credited for the benefit for my Sep/18 cruise. So, to the poster who asked, I would submit the request and see what happens. If you are asked to request after July, then do that.

TA was on the phone to HAL this morning...

The rule is "90 days prior to sailing", but agent was happy to waive at 99 days out.

Haven't heard that one before. Rules like that should be printed on the Shareholder Benefit information on the Carnival Corp website, if it's true.

Well, actually it should be on the HAL website (it isn't AFAIK), because it isn't a Carnival rule. ;)

TA was on the phone to HAL this morning...

The rule is "90 days prior to sailing", but agent was happy to waive at 99 days out.

I think that rule has been long gone by the wayside. ;) :')

I send my request off long before my cruise. for the upcoming one, around 9 months out.

the previous cruise was at least 6-8 months out.

I had no problem getting a confirmation within the hour. ;):confused:

I think that rule has been long gone by the wayside. ;) :')

I send my request off long before my cruise. for the upcoming one, around 9 months out.

the previous cruise was at least 6-8 months out.

I had no problem getting a confirmation within the hour. ;):confused:

Princess bounced mine this time last year for Oct, and this morning on the phone the HAL agent said

"90 days and you're still 99 out, but put my name on the Fax coversheet and it'll be fine".

What's the expression? "Honoured in the breach"? ;p

Princess bounced mine this time last year for Oct, and this morning on the phone the HAL agent said

"90 days and you're still 99 out, but put my name on the Fax coversheet and it'll be fine".

What's the expression? "Honoured in the breach"? ;p

I just fax mine off to the World Cruise line number as they ask, include my email and have a confirmation in less than an hour.

I don't ask my TA to do it. Not sure if that is the difference or not?

guess I'll find out when I book my next cruise ;)

If you booked direct with HAL, you can see it on whatever HAL calls the financial page(Off hand I can't remember what they call it.

That is the question. I do not see a financial page. All I see is "make a payment" and that does not show any credits or prepaid gratuity benefits. I am booked directly with Holland. Where is the so called financial page?

That is the question. I do not see a financial page. All I see is "make a payment" and that does not show any credits or prepaid gratuity benefits. I am booked directly with Holland. Where is the so called financial page?

As far as the stockholder credit is concerned, it is on the "Make a Payment" page, on the right side under guest summary it gives Guest Total, Cruise Fare, Taxes and Fees and Onboard Credit. This shows the Total of HAL provided OBC. I don't know if prepaid gratuity is included in that total.

As far as the stockholder credit is concerned, it is on the "Make a Payment" page, on the right side under guest summary it gives Guest Total, Cruise Fare, Taxes and Fees and Onboard Credit. This shows the Total of HAL provided OBC. I don't know if prepaid gratuity is included in that total.

The prepaid gratuity does not show on the Make A Payment page nor anywhere else under My Reservation. The only place it shows is on one's confirmation from HAL. It might show on a confirmation from a TA but I wouldn't know.

Problem solved. Went back to the make a payment page and again did not see the onboard credits but clicked on that page and suddenly the right hand view came up showing credits. My stock credit has not yet posted. I did not see the prepaid gratuity benefit but I do have a record of that.

• 1 month later...
FAX NUMBER TO USE FOR CCL CRUISE CREDIT

For those who have used this benefit in the past, I believe there is a new FAX number when using this method to apply for your CCL credit. This is the one I now have: FAX: 1-206-280-6080

Regular phone for more information: 1-800-522-3399

Hi, are you sure this is the right number? According to the CCL's Shareholders Benefit Pdf sheet, the number for Holland America is (206) 270-6080. I used it just now but it didn't go through. Can anyone help? If not, I'd have to do it the old fashioned way, but I'm now in Hong Kong and don't know how long snail mail would take. Our sail date is April 30, 2018. Thanks!

Monica

Hi, are you sure this is the right number? According to the CCL's Shareholders Benefit Pdf sheet, the number for Holland America is (206) 270-6080. I used it just now but it didn't go through. Can anyone help? If not, I'd have to do it the old fashioned way, but I'm now in Hong Kong and don't know how long snail mail would take. Our sail date is April 30, 2018. Thanks!

Monica

Cut & Pasted directly from the 2018 PDF on CCL's website:

HOLLAND AMERICA LINE

World Cruise Reservations

450 Third Ave. W. Seattle, WA 98119

Tel 800 522 3399

Fax 206 270 6080

So... You've got the right number.

Are you dialing via Hong Kong's phone network?

Then: 001 1 206 270 6080

001 = "International, please"

1 = North America

If you can't get the 206 number to work, try emailing them

via https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/contact-us.html

for instructions.

BTW, 800 numbers aren't defined internationally.

Cut & Pasted directly from the 2018 PDF on CCL's website:

HOLLAND AMERICA LINE

World Cruise Reservations

450 Third Ave. W. Seattle, WA 98119

Tel 800 522 3399

Fax 206 270 6080

So... You've got the right number.

Are you dialing via Hong Kong's phone network?

Then: 001 1 206 270 6080

001 = "International, please"

1 = North America

If you can't get the 206 number to work, try emailing them

via https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/contact-us.html

for instructions.

BTW, 800 numbers aren't defined internationally.

Yes, I did it the correct way, dialing 001 1 206 270 6080 but there was no response. Tried it a few times and it still didn't work. I guess I'll have to email them to find it. Thanks!

Yes, I did it the correct way, dialing 001 1 206 270 6080 but there was no response. Tried it a few times and it still didn't work. I guess I'll have to email them to find it. Thanks!

Not sure if it would work internationally, but many have used an online service like Faxzero.com to submit their docs for the credit. This because there are so few actual fax machines in use anymore.

Not sure if it would work internationally, but many have used an online service like Faxzero.com to submit their docs for the credit. This because there are so few actual fax machines in use anymore.

I've faxed requests to HAL from Hong Kong before and it worked fine, so I don't understand what happened this time. 😕 Do they turn off their fax machines on weekends? 🙄 Was there a power outage? 🤔 Anyways, on the advice of a CC member in another forum, I tried emailing my request to worldcruisereservations at hollandamerica dot com and this is what I received from them:-

Thank you for your request to have a shipboard credit applied to reservation(s) WxxxxD based on your status as a CCL stockholder.

Financial compliance laws prohibit us from accepting and transmitting unsecured email of guest financial records. Guest’s personal financial data is subject to risk traveling through internet servers. In addition, we are advised not to open attachments to emails due to phishing, spam, and virus issues.

Please send future proof of eligibility by fax at 206.270.6080 or direct mail to:

Holland America Line

Attn: WCR

450 Third Ave. W.

Seattle, WA 98119

So I'll give it another go tomorrow morning (it's now 10.45 pm in HK) and if it fails again I might try faxzero dot com or just do it the snail mail way. Thanks for your help!

🙏

There are actually a lot more fax machines then you might imagine. Many of us have multi-function printers (some of which cost no more than $100) which can print, fax, and copy (this is invaluable in our home). You can also go to any of the "mailbox" type places and pay a very small fee to fax anywhere.

Last week we happened to Fax a credit request to Princess and did ask that they verify receipt and the credit via an e-mail. We never got any e-mail (this happens about half the time) but the credit showed-up on our account within a few hours. When we submit a request to HAL we will usually get an approval within a few hours to a couple of days.

Hank

..... Anyways, on the advice of a CC member in another forum, I tried emailing my request to worldcruisereservations at hollandamerica dot com and this is what I received from them:-

Thank you for your request to have a shipboard credit applied to reservation(s) WxxxxD based on your status as a CCL stockholder.

Financial compliance laws prohibit us from accepting and transmitting unsecured email of guest financial records. Guest’s personal financial data is subject to risk traveling through internet servers. In addition, we are advised not to open attachments to emails due to phishing, spam, and virus issues.

Please send future proof of eligibility by fax at 206.270.6080 or direct mail to:

Holland America Line

Attn: WCR

450 Third Ave. W.

Seattle, WA 98119

To set the record straight, HAL did approve my email request for the OBC, saying that it was "a one-time exception". As the credit will be applied to my onboard account upon embarkation, I'll print out the letter and carry it with me just in case there's any hiccup. Thank you all for your input.

• 4 weeks later...