A lurker's first recap: NCL Breakaway Live (Haven) - July 16-23, 2017

Irene225

Tap, tap.

Is this thing on?

I'm a long time CC lurker and think it's finally time to submit my first recap. This one will be live (or somewhat live) for the July 16 sailing of the Norwegian Breakaway.

I'm Ashley - my first choice user name of RestingBeachFace was rejected. :halo:

3429208-orig_orig.jpg

My husband is active duty USAF; he will be referred to as Mr. Resting Beach Face.

matt-ashley-real-wedding-fountain-crop-1_orig.png

Most people write where they are from, but that is never an easy question for me to answer. We are currently living in central Missouri.

However, I am a former New Yorker who moved for love and Tricare (just kidding...). I still work for my NYC job, so I transitioned from UWSer to an extreme commuter. I live back in NYC for 10-12 days each month and the rest of the time I work from our house in MO.

I bring this up because it's very much part of my writing style. I lack patience (like most NYers), but I'll temper my annoyance with something nice, thanks to my emerging midwestern side :*:D

This trip is our third NCL cruise and our first Haven experience. This trip was originally intended to be an anniversary trip for us, but we've now convinced 2 other couples to join. They are non-Haven so this review will be broad and balanced, just like I will be after eating with wild cruise abandon for 7 days.

I've read SO many reviews over the years that I wanted to return the favor. Can't wait to get started!

Edited by ashirene225

Oh! We are in a Haven Spa Balcony. Excited to get the benefits of Haven and the Spa access.

My biggest concern will be how to maximize our Haven time while still spending time with our friends who are non Haven. I want it all!! Lol

Have a great cruise! Anoop and the concierge staff will take good care of you!

Ditto to that! Enjoy! You can invite your non- Haven friends to your room - no fees- and to the Haven restaurant. They will need to pay a fee there, though. We had breakfast in the Haven but enjoyed specialty restaurants and places in Bermuda for dinners. Lunch was as we wanted. We also enjoyed Vibe. Have a great cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ditch your friends[emoji33]or See if your friends will upgrade. Breakfast lunch and Dinners in the Haven are so worth it.

I wish! They are cheap :)

Correction.

You are a New Yorker who moved. Once a New Yorker, always a New Yorker (if born in NYC...like Michael Jordan). :cool:

YES! I like this. I'm going to start using this one :)

Ditto to that! Enjoy! You can invite your non- Haven friends to your room - no fees- and to the Haven restaurant. They will need to pay a fee there, though. We had breakfast in the Haven but enjoyed specialty restaurants and places in Bermuda for dinners. Lunch was as we wanted. We also enjoyed Vibe. Have a great cruise!!

We will be traveling with family in November. They have a haven room. What is the fee for non haven guests to dine with haven friends?

Thank you! We did Vibe on Escape and found that we didn't use it much, but I would be curious to try it again on another itinerary. I love the idea of breakfast in the Haven every day. Great minds think alike :)

Happy sailing! Looking forward to your live updates!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

I am here to serve!

Have a great cruise! Anoop and the concierge staff will take good care of you!

Cannot wait!

You are cruising on the Breakaway just 1 week ahead of me! I will also be a first-time "Havener" and am a midwesterner now living in Philly. Hope you have a great trip and looking forward to your review!

Aw man, its like Freaky Friday :)

They have a haven room. What is the fee for non haven guests to dine with haven friends?
At one time, it was $25 per person and a maximum of 2 guests at a time up to twice in a week. Some have been able to get 3 people for $35 per person.

However, many have reported that the privilege of having non-Haven guests in the Haven restaurant has been denied for any non-Haven guest.

So how do people do this so quickly on the go?

Part of why I set this up so early was to figure that out. I need to upload all of my pictures to Shutterfly and then copy??

I am certain this will test the upper bounds of both my patience and the craptastic NCL wifi.

If you have an iPhone you can download the OTHER site where you can post to this forum. You can use that to help upload photos. I found that you need to take pictures that are long rather than wide to post. I would write a short narrative then post a photo. You can only post 3 photos at a time. Note: internet onboard - I was on the Breakaway- is usually S..L...O....W. Have fun!63031ed82eeda156057ff482ca5d6cb4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have an iPhone you can download the OTHER site where you can post to this forum. You can use that to help upload photos. I found that you need to take pictures that are long rather than wide to post. I would write a short narrative then post a photo. You can only post 3 photos at a time. Note: internet onboard - I was on the Breakaway- is usually S..L...O....W. Have fun!63031ed82eeda156057ff482ca5d6cb4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That seems like it was in code! I will look!! Thanks!