MDR T-Shirts on first night

Nolalife

How strict is the MDR on the first night???

We have group t-shirts and want to wear them the first night...I figured it's easier than waiting on luggage, etc....Plus we have the early dinning time:cool:

I think it's more lax in the MDR on embarkation day because of luggage delivery.

This is correct because of the luggage issue. That said we have always had our luggage. If we have been to the pool or gotten sweaty we will still shower and change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting that I was almost positive the Fun Times stated "come as you are" on the first night. But looking them up now I can only find it saying cruise casual. So I'm guessing I am wrong. Heck I may even be remembering when lunch was served in the MDR from a few years back.

How strict is the MDR on the first night???

We have group t-shirts and want to wear them the first night...I figured it's easier than waiting on luggage, etc....Plus we have the early dinning time:cool:

They are more lax on the first night in the dining room since some passengers may not have had their luggage delivered to their cabins by dining time. After the first night though, you may be turned away (it happened to a friend of mine) if you do not abide by the dress code which does not include tee-shirts.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1093/~/what-to-wear---evenings

Have a great cruise.

The shirts are not offensive...

We have about 50 of us in the group and we want to get together after muster to take a group picture and I don't want to rush....

Thanks for the help, I will wear the shirt to dinner, hey they will have to throw out all 50 of us...;plol

Tshirts don't violate the rules except on elegant night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not accurate. However I recall my kids wore nice t-shirts and never had a problem.

Cruise Casual Dress Code

• Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts
  • Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops
  • Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire