Cruise Next $$

CatsinShow

Say I bought the cheapest one for the $100 with a $250 deposit during the cruise. I could have the $100 put into my current onboard account and have it just get spent on individual drinks yes? If there's credit left over, do you get it back in cash or does it just stay in your account?

When you buy a FCC your Folio states a Debit of USD250 and a Credit of USD100 which leaves a Debit Balance; what you have to pay NCL; of USD150.

Their talk of OBC is just a way of getting you to spend some money that you don't need to do.

There is no cheap one or expensive one (unless there was a very recent change). All cruise next certs are $250 with a $250 face value. If you buy one they give you an OBC of $100 (net price is $150). If you buy two they give you an OBC of $250 (net price for BOTH combined is $250). AFAIK all of this OBC is refundable.
In fact there are three different ones, CruiseNext Lite ($100), CruiseNext ($250), and CruiseNext for suites/Haven ($500). But most people should buy the $250 one.

The OBC is non-refundable, but as you and casofilia explained, it doesn't usually matter either way, because typically you spend all the OBC (and then some) buying the deposit. The only time this could be an issue is if you have a lot of refundable OBC on your account and you buy a CruiseNext deposit with that. When the CruiseNext OBC appears subsequently, you could end up turning some of your refundable OBC into non-refundable OBC. (It depends how quickly the CruiseNext OBC posts to your account, sometimes it doesn't appear until the next day after the original price of the deposit has already been added to your account.)

Say I bought the cheapest one for the $100 with a $250 deposit during the cruise. I could have the $100 put into my current onboard account and have it just get spent on individual drinks yes? If there's credit left over, do you get it back in cash or does it just stay in your account?

Why spend the obc credit on drinks? Why not just leave it as a credit on your bill then only pay $150 for the cruise next certificate.

Why spend the obc credit on drinks? Why not just leave it as a credit on your bill then only pay $150 for the cruise next certificate.

EXACTLY.

Assuming you do not have some other OBC to worry about spending, it just hits your account like this:

CHARGE : $250

CREDIT : $100

net - $150

You dont really get OBC, just a really good deal on the certs, Just off Escape i bought 8 $250's. My ship account was charged 2K and than one day later there was a credit for 1K. SO there was nothing left over to spend on anything else, i just ended up with 2K worth of certs for 1K.

Either way you look at it its an awesome deal.

Can the OBC that NCL is giving as part of their promotion be used to pay the $150? And what is the credit given for the suite/Haven $500 certificates?

Can the OBC that NCL is giving as part of their promotion be used to pay the $150? And what is the credit given for the suite/Haven $500 certificates?

The OBC is a figment of everyone's imagination!!

You are debited with the cost of the FCC; say USD250.

You are then credited with the "bonus"; in that case USD100.

That leaves you with a "bill" for USD150 that you have to pay.

By calling it OBC NCL is trying to fool you into spending something you don't really have.

Yes to the promotional OBC being used to pay for the cruisenext. I'm not sure about the Haven certificate prices.

By calling it OBC NCL is trying to fool you into spending something you don't really have.

The person you replied to asked if promo obc can be used to pay that $150 bill for the certificate.

You don't understand my question. I am talking about using the OBC that NCL gives me as part of the "Free at Sea" or now "Freedom Sale" ($500 for a DOS on Dawn). That is the OBC that I am referring to. Can I use that "non-refundable OBC" to pay the balance?

You don't understand my question. I am talking about using the OBC that NCL gives me as part of the "Free at Sea" or now "Freedom Sale" ($500 for a DOS on Dawn). That is the OBC that I am referring to. Can I use that "non-refundable OBC" to pay the balance?

Yes. You can use non-refundable OBC that is given as a part of a booking promo to pay the balance of Cruise Next certificates you purchase on board.

Yes to the promotional OBC being used to pay for the cruisenext. I'm not sure about the Haven certificate prices.

Yes. You can use non-refundable OBC that is given as a part of a booking promo to pay the balance of Cruise Next certificates you purchase on board.

Thank you both! I was starting to wonder how I would spend $500. Now I have my answer.

I'm more confused now!!

You need to realize that when you buy the $250 certificate, that amount is being added to your on board account. You are not paying for it separately. So the $250 is added to your account. They also add a $100 credit to your account. So the total on your on board account is now $150. See? $250 - $100 = $150.

I thought i explained fairly well, i guess not. I purchased 8, at a cost of $2000 added direct to my account, than the next day there was a credit for $1000. So 8 $250 certs cost me a grand total of $1000???????????

I thought i explained fairly well, i guess not. I purchased 8, at a cost of $2000 added direct to my account, than the next day there was a credit for $1000. So 8 $250 certs cost me a grand total of $1000???????????

I don't understand your math.

8 certificates @$250 = $2,000

8 credits @$100 = $ 800

Total cost = $1,200

What am I missing???

I have cruised NCL quite often the last few years. I always purchase 2 Cruise Next certificates. $500 for $250. And I am also a stockholder and receive $100 for each 7 day cruise. Now my $500 is now 500-250-100= $150. And if I book a B2B I will get another $100 for my stock holding. Now my $500 is now 500-250-100-100= $50. Now if you are lucky to receive any additional OBC for just booking the cruise you can use these OBC to apply to the Cruise Next purchase.

Next week I cruise again on the Sun doing a B2B. I used one $250 credit for each week (purchased on an earlier cruise) to help pay for the cruise. For just booking I received a $25 OBC for each week complements from the TA. I will receive $100 for each week for being a stockholder. On the cruise I will purchase $500 for $250. Now if I do my math right 500-25-25-100-100-250= "ZERO".:D $500 free for my next cruise or cruises on NCL. And if you are really lucky NCL sometimes allows you to use two Cruise Next certificates on one cruise. I have saved at least $2500 using this method on my last 10 NCL cruises.

Thank you! I didn't realize that. VERY well worth it. Any idea about the cost of a suite/Haven certificate and any discount for multiples of them?

CRUISENEXT HAVEN AND SUITES:

FREE $500 Onboard Credit - $2,000 (4 Deposits)

FREE $375 Onboard Credit - $1,500 (3 Deposits)

FREE $250 Onboard Credit - $1,000 (2 Deposits)

FREE $100 Onboard Credit - $500 (1 Deposit)