LIVE from GRANDEUR of the Seas - July 8, 2017

:eek: A villainous review! Is the evil doctor going to let you eat and drink this time?

Still no Grandpa's cough syrup for me although Dr. Ho did say 1-2 every now and then should be ok. However if I can't have 10-12 every day on a cruise, I'd rather just not have any at all. [emoji16]

So club soda and lime will continue to be my loopy juice of choice. Courtney on the other hand is still throwing down her Pinots with reckless abandon. She even added a Powerball ticket to the mix tonight. A drinker and a gambler! And a cruiser!! The girl can do it all.

7665da4f4a49bdf0f77e6d92d9ef31a5.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

Catch up time.

4 hour drive down to Baltimore with hardly anything newsworthy to report. There is one gentleman with Wisconsin license plates that probably hates my guts right now. I hope he can get over it. Life is too short to get mad at someone for texting and driving and swerving into their lane.

Checked in at Best Western Elkridge and then we were off to Pappas Restaurant & Sports Bar for dinner.

baab3e4ffdace902eb1c7d34297170dc.jpg

464c76ea211d8d5a23f351023065e9df.jpg

e91713b0b97f425e6f7f48ae6d339a39.jpg

61ef660c64f9f9e75fa7436966630d98.jpg

The crab cake. Soooo good. Big chunks of fresh crab, slightly moist in the middle and hardly any breading. Just the way I like it.

2a7814d07b7f6d977a622de8fbd5e583.jpg

When we get back on Thursday, we are going to lunch at G&M for even more crab cakes. I'll do an honest comparison afterwards but as for now, G&M has a very tough act to follow thanks to the Pappas masterpiece.

It's also great that Oprah and I have something new to talk about at our next book club meeting.

3ca9c427537c10591737afe9ca1bd547.jpg

34bb12ae1bf63816385609c9bcf265bb.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

2:26 AM

Stained Glass Pub - Done. Threw the remaining shamed ass bums out over an hour ago.

Courtney - Out cold since the second we got back to the room. Hasn't moved an inch. Have to check every 22 minutes to make sure she's still alive.

Me - Kicking myself for not getting 2 crab cakes to go. One for right this second and one for the morning.

Hotel shuttle reservation scheduled for 10 AM. Nite nite.

Note to self: when in a Baltimore sports bar do not ask the bartender to put the Yankees game on one of the TVs.

Only time you will see a Yankees game on a tv in Maryland is 1. If the person is a trader/NY transplant or 2. The O's are playing the Yankees!

Have a safe trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh Hell No, That's like being in Baltimore and asking for the Steelers game. A Cardinal Sin. You knew I was gonna jump on you for that one.

Only time you will see a Yankees game on a tv in Maryland is 1. If the person is a trader/NY transplant or 2. The O's are playing the Yankees!

The bartender said he would be happy to put the game on for me.......for $100! He said the same deal applies to Red Sox fans as well.

I can only imagine what they charge Steelers fans.

Edited by Yorkvillain

We have stayed at the BW Elkridge many times. Usually go to Timbuktu which is about a mile away. Fantastic crab cakes-about like G and M.

We have sailed on the Grandeur more than any other ship and hope it never leaves the fleet.

Great, thanks for the tip.

Here's one more crab cake tip. You can never have too many. Shannon's Pub, on US 40 in Ellicott City (just west of 29) have the ones I love the most. Whenever my mother is in the area from Florida, she'll buy them uncooked, they'll wrap them in foil and ice them down or use freeze packs to take back. Those TSA agents at BWI haven't stopped her yet. She's always afraid she may have to share.

I have two questions for you Yorkvillain, if you could answer during your cruise.

1. Can you check carry on bags in the South Pacific Lounge til 1PM?

2. I would appreciate an update on the Portugese MOW situation at Horseshoe Bay Beach.

Looking forward to reading all of this.

Looks like the gangway is up again. Didn't know it had been repaired. Have a great journey.

It's been back up for several months. We cruised in early April and it had been up for several weeks prior to that.

Looking forward to this view in 5 days.

Please bring the ship back in one piece, and don't crash into the gangway.

That honor goes to the Carnival Pride. The gangway was reopened, I believe, back in March.