Printing out Airline Boarding Passes

We were not planning on buying the Internet package when we take our first cruise. We are sailing on the Escape in August. I have read that some lines have a special fee on the last day of the cruise, to print off your airline boarding passes. Does the Escape offer this?

PLEASE PLEASE do not spend money printing out boarding passes.

People do it all the time and there is no reason to do it. If you have bags to check, you will be at the counter anyways.

We do carry on, and still wait to get boarding passes at the airport.

PLEASE PLEASE do not spend money printing out boarding passes.

People do it all the time and there is no reason to do it. If you have bags to check, you will be at the counter anyways.

We do carry on, and still wait to get boarding passes at the airport.

Why do you post advice like this in such absolute terms?

I print check in and/or boarding passes for a variety of reasons... seating position being one of the primary reasons as I fly Southwest quite a bit (I am not alone) and seating position is dependent upon you checking in first in most cases. Also, the lines for dropping bags when you do not need to obtain a boarding pass at the counter are substantially shorter in most cases and move faster.

Because of this, I am more than happy to drop a few bucks to check in online and print boarding passes.

I'm not sure why this upsets you.

On those last 1 or 2 sea days before disembarkation, NCL does offer their "specials" but, it's known to be sluggish & slowish - plus, there's a per page charge for printing the paper passes. And, that's another 50 cents (or higher) per page printed at the Internet Cafe.

It can easily take 5 to 10 minutes just to log in, get to the airline website and click, click, click & enter, enter (various key prompts) to print one pax ... thus, 30 minutes isn't uncommon. Not really necessary as long as your airline does mobile check-in and can email the digital BP (boarding pass) to your email address on file.

Plus, once disembarked & at the airline terminal, you can re-print for free or the counter agent doing baggage check-in will do that cheerfully, usually free (aside for possible LCC with a small fee). Most of the time, bar-coded mobile BP is sufficient to clear TSA, especially domestic flights with "legacy" carriers like American or Delta, etc.

P.S. Even Southwest uses & accept digital BP, except int'l flight departures - see link here ..https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/airport-experience/mobile-boarding-pass.html..

Why do you post advice like this in such absolute terms?

I print check in and/or boarding passes for a variety of reasons... seating position being one of the primary reasons as I fly Southwest quite a bit (I am not alone) and seating position is dependent upon you checking in first in most cases. Also, the lines for dropping bags when you do not need to obtain a boarding pass at the counter are substantially shorter in most cases and move faster.

Because of this, I am more than happy to drop a few bucks to check in online and print boarding passes.

I'm not sure why this upsets you.

Checkin and actually printing a boarding pass are two different things. I get the seating thing and usually log on to take care of that.

Anyone that is traveling INTL will be required to go to the counter to check passports. Domestic of course will not have that issue.

And in MOST cases, the kiosk process moves along pretty fast at most airports. But, not always.

We're talking about some internet access and a printer fee both totaling around $5 on a cruise that costs thousands.

What is wrong with you people? If someone wants to know if the service is available and you know the answer, why not just give the answer? Why all the crap?

And if takes you 30 minutes or more to complete an online check in -- even at cruise ship internet speeds -- then you have issues. I am an exception, but it takes me 30 seconds, no joke.

Some of the airlines (Delta) have kiosks in front of the check-in counters.

Punch in your 6 digit letter confirmation code and voila out comes a boarding pass.

Have baggage take the boarding pass and baggage and check-in.

No check in baggage - checking where your flight is boarding gate and terminal

proceed to the TSA security point with the boarding pass and get out your photo ID.

Have PREChk TSA status it may help to stop by the airline counter to make sure

it is in order and the boarding pass is marked as such.

Each airline is a bit different.

Printing a boarding pass out - do this the night before (some airlines allow pre 24 hour check-in)

Each piece of paper for a boarding pass on NCL costs $0.50 and depending on the snail internet

service could take a few minutes - best to do this when the internet agent manager is there to

insure the printer has paper. If you do this from your cabin or somewhere else on the ship and

go to pickup your paper documents beware that there maybe several pages of other printed

material awaiting other cruisers - look through these to find yours and make sure to get the

right documents aka boarding passes.

Using smart phone apts for checking in is the neat real deal paperless method !

FWIW I can't remember the last time I printed a boarding pass. I mostly fly United, and at every major airport I find "Mr. Chicken." I enter my PNR, and Mr. Chicken lays me a boarding pass if I want paper. Also, UA and AA have great mobile apps. Yes, checking in a T-24 is a good idea, but then just email the link to the pass to yourself. I'm not offended by the pricing of the on board printing; it's the burning vacation time to do something more easily done at the aeropuerto.

We were not planning on buying the Internet package when we take our first cruise. We are sailing on the Escape in August. I have read that some lines have a special fee on the last day of the cruise, to print off your airline boarding passes. Does the Escape offer this?

We do like to print our boarding passes for various reasons. We do it on board and we're glad to get it over with. I forget the price, but it is reasonable, and there is usually time left over to sneak in a little email too.

Anyone that is traveling INTL will be required to go to the counter to check passports. Domestic of course will not have that issue.

Not always.

When flying within Europe I never go to a counter if I travel with hand baggage only. I check in before I go to the airport and print my boarding pass when I come to the airport. After that I go to security, no counter. (This is both within and outside the European union.)

So I found the dailies and the price for 30 minutes is $14.95, 15 minutes $9.95.

Well now! For our poster above who takes claims it takes eons to log in and print a boarding pass, this will cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars!

Depending on your airline, use online check in and boarding pass on your phone. Make sure you download the airline's app before you board and set up your account. Take a carry on or use the mobile app to pay for luggage and use TSA precheck if you have it. It is well worth the cost, if you don't.

If travelling with Ryanair you MUST print your boarding pass before getting to the airport or they will charge about $20 each to do it for you.

They do let you print them out 30 days before you travel so you can usually do it at home.

Or use a mobile boarding pass on your phone.

We do like to print our boarding passes for various reasons. We do it on board and we're glad to get it over with. I forget the price, but it is reasonable, and there is usually time left over to sneak in a little email too.

Yep I agree. I just want to know that is done. I don't care if it costs a few bucks.