Be very Careful out there

sxphil

And why should I be careful?

If you follow the signs you don't need to be careful, just enjoy your holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a **** if you are following the signs YOU ARE BEING CAREFUL

Yea, there are all sorts of signs there that tell you the dangers and to stay clear, etc. If you stay on the other side of that skinny road, by the beach, you will be fine!

St. Maarten is a beautiful port and I highly recommend going and checking this out. It is a bit pricey by taxi, but definitely worth it. Make sure to check out the times of the incoming planes so you can catch a bigger one!

I posted a link to this earlier and the mod's have already shipped the thread off to the St Martin board.

Maybe change the title to "woman dies at a Royal Caribbean Port stop," lol.

Sometimes the mods of this board are just bored I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To each his own, but I've never seen the attraction in doing this. We've skipped Moho on our visits. Sorry to hear about this poor woman.

I've worked on an airport ramp for many years and have experienced more than my fair share of jet blast, but I can still see where people get a thrill from it. We went to Maho last year and had a good time people watching. I stood on the wall, but stayed well off to the side. Jet blast alone is bad enough, but add in sand, and no thank you very much.

The police were there last time we were there not allowing anyone near the fence. In the past we have seen children hanging on to the fence in a horizontal position. We were horrified for them.

If you just sit at the bar you can enjoy the experience without any worries.

To each his own, but I've never seen the attraction in doing this. We've skipped Moho on our visits. Sorry to hear about this poor woman.

I'm with you on this one. Never got the attraction. Sad to hear of this happening.:(

Let's just stop all planes from flying...then nobody would be in that situation.

We all have to die sometime...make smart choices. If I do something and get killed that is on ME!

We have been to Maho many times...i have never "ridden" the fence, but have stood just outside the sandblast zone. It is a great place to plane spot.

I'm sure she lost her grip and hit her head on either the short (maybe 8 inches tall) middle of the road divider or just hit the road itself...the jet blast didn't kill her.

I feel bad for her family, but people need to get a grip on trying to make the world accident proof.

No thread when I posted

But I apologise if I have offended you

Why would I be offended? Just find multiple posts of a tragedy tragic.

The first thread was started at 4:09AM, and is just below your newer thread ;)

Feel free to use your imagination!

Well thank you for your kind reply. I never used obscenities to you and shared my opinion but didn't expect to slammed the way I did.

Manners cost nothing.

And why should I be careful?

If you follow the signs you don't need to be careful, just enjoy your holiday.

You always need to be careful, not just in this situation, following the signs is a good start but you have to consider your personal safety.

People choose to do dangerous things in life all the time. Sometimes things go wrong. What is the difference between this or strapping your feet to a board and going down a ski slope at 30 miles and hr. and even much faster for the racers? Tens of thousands of people do this every winter and live to tell the story. Tens of thousands of people have surfed the fence at Maho and lived to tell the story. It is a chance some people choose to take.