Canada/NE 10/21 still has many available cabins

skings

First time Princess cruiser.,paid in full for this cruise, its due 8/15. Just did a fake booking and see lots

of available deluxe and standard balconies. Can we expect Princess to have a big sale after final

payment date? We are in cabin D411, Can we move to mini suite if one becomes available after final

payment, if price is right?

Different concern we are landing LGA 11 AM ish day of cruise with Princess transport to ship, how foolish

are we? We booked a great airfare price not realizing lots of construction around LGA. Should Saturday be

okay with traffic?

Can we move to mini suite if one becomes available after final

payment, if price is right? Yes. You have to pay the difference in the current price from what you paid.

Different concern we are landing LGA 11 AM ish day of cruise with Princess transport to ship, how foolish

are we? We booked a great airfare price not realizing lots of construction around LGA. Should Saturday be

okay with traffic?

Day of cruise is never a good idea. But since you have Princess transfer, if the plane is late or the construction delay is horrendous, they'll hold the ship for a period of time or get you to the next port. Eleven AM is really cutting it close.

Different concern we are landing LGA 11 AM ish day of cruise with Princess transport to ship, how foolish are we? We booked a great airfare price not realizing lots of construction around LGA. Should Saturday be

okay with traffic?

Traffic in Brooklyn and Queens is heavy all of the time. Saturday is no exception. LGA is a nightmare since they started construction. People have been leaving their cabs and walking the rest of the way in order to make their flight. If your flight arrives on time you will be fine. It's about 14 miles from the airport in Queens to the cruise terminal in Brooklyn. It takes about 45 -50 minutes in the usual heavy traffic to get there. The only way that I would attempt the journey would be through Princess transportation which you booked. Lucky for you the Met's aren't playing well. If they were to make the playoffs that would be a whole ordeal if they were playing at Citi Field on the day you fly in.

We sometimes get upsell offers by email at 30 days to a week before sailing. It's not done every time though. It's not a guarantee however that price will be attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Okay never thought about guarantees. Good news, called Delta Airlines and they let us change

flight to Friday for $6.00 change fee, now to find hotel in NYC

Thanks everyone

Sandra

Not surprised that cruise has lots of empty cabins. It is only 5 days, and only goes to two Canadian ports. The following cruise is a repo cruise to Florida...so this discourages back to back bookings. We suspect that Princess will utilize this short cruise as a "fam" voyage which means it will be made available to cruise/travel agents at very low fares (or free). Otherwise, we would expect some good deals after final payment. We have previously snagged some amazing last minute deals on the following cruise (the repo from NYC to Ft Lauderdale.

Hank

Not surprised that cruise has lots of empty cabins. It is only 5 days, and only goes to two Canadian ports. The following cruise is a repo cruise to Florida...so this discourages back to back bookings. We suspect that Princess will utilize this short cruise as a "fam" voyage which means it will be made available to cruise/travel agents at very low fares (or free). Otherwise, we would expect some good deals after final payment. We have previously snagged some amazing last minute deals on the following cruise (the repo from NYC to Ft Lauderdale.

Hank

I have never seen any great deals leaving from NY. Maybe this will be the first. Not a fan of 5 day cruises especially those headed north. If I can get a great last minute deal I may go for it. I'm booked on the 2018 Repo with sip and sail.

I have never seen any great deals leaving from NY. Maybe this will be the first. Not a fan of 5 day cruises especially those headed north. If I can get a great last minute deal I may go for it. I'm booked on the 2018 Repo with sip and sail.

In early October of 2015, I was on the phone with one of our favorite cruise agencies booking a European cruise on Celebrity. The agent mentioned to me that they had just received a Fax from Princess about a special last minute (in this case it was 2 weeks in advance) on the 10 day Regal Princess cruise from NYC to Ft Lauderdale. I asked her the price and she said $1200! I replied, "per person?" She quickly responded, no....$1200 total cost (including all taxes and fees) for a 10 day cruise (balcony cabin) on the new Regal. It took me less then 10 seconds to book that cruise...which actually cost us about $900 (total cost for 2) since we were able to get $300 OBC. In October 2016 we did it again...although the cost had gone up about $200 (total).

A few years ago we took a long cruise on HAL's Prinsendam which we joined in NYC. It was another bargain. So yes, there are some bargains on cruises out of the Greater NYC area. But one needs to be flexible and be prepared to jump on last minute deals. And, of course, you need to be registered with a few decent high volume cruise agencies to even find out about these fares...which are not always available directly from the cruise line.

Hank

Hank, thanks for your info. I am new to Princess but not to cruising. We grabbed this cruise during "Buy one get one 50% off. We are originally from Boston so 5 days to Canada is good for us. At 74, my biggest

problem is not sleeping in my own bed, with overnight in NY its a 6 day trip and then traveling back to

Fort Myers. Long enough for me.

Have managed to get some great last minute deals living in FL

Sandra

Waiting to book after final payment date hoping for a big sale is risky if it's the only cruise you want. I was watching prices on several cruises for July and August. I booked our upcoming British Isles cruise 55 days before sailing date when the price was very good. But several other cruises had prices that went up instead of down after the final payment date.

Waiting to book after final payment date hoping for a big sale is risky if it's the only cruise you want. I was watching prices on several cruises for July and August. I booked our upcoming British Isles cruise 55 days before sailing date when the price was very good. But several other cruises had prices that went up instead of down after the final payment date.

Princess (and other cruise lines) is trying to have passengers stop thinking they should wait for last minute bargains and start thinking that booking early will result in the best pricing.

That is one reason when there are sales it is not with lower prices, but with the addition of amenities which makes the effective cost lower while maintaining "price integrity."

Princess (and other cruise lines) is trying to have passengers stop thinking they should wait for last minute bargains and start thinking that booking early will result in the best pricing.

That is one reason when there are sales it is not with lower prices, but with the addition of amenities which makes the effective cost lower while maintaining "price integrity."

Or... if they do drop price as in the current sale it's offered with non refundable deposit.