Haven Restaurant Dress Code ?

TOMTOMRN331

I have seen it several times. Shorts with sandals (no socks), actually. They were a very nice couple who even complimented us on how our children were behaving in the restaurant. That's probably why I can remember them so vividly.

I don't care what people wear for dinner, in fact, I would prefer dinner dining in the Haven in shorts, but my DW and I are on vacation and since she prefers to dress up a bit more than shorts for dinner, I go with the flow and with others in the dining room.

I believe most women enjoy dressing up a bit for dinner unlike most men.;)

One should dress however they feel comfortable.

I'm just thankful that I don't ever have to wear a jacket on NCL which was required on some cruise lines on certain nights in their restaurants.....one of the main reasons I switched to NCL.:cool:

Don

We are taking our first NCL cruise in November - on the EPIC in the Haven - and really looking forward to the relaxed dressing. We have travelled mainly on the more formal lines and know the dress code and are fine with that, particularly from the UK and Europe in the autumn and spring.

However sailing from Sydney on our favourite ship in 90 degrees + heat with four formal/semi-formal nights in a row with more to come, was too much. Wenwere in a suite / grill restaurant and agreed with our table mates that the men would remove jackets and loosen ties while dining, this soon spread to most tables. It was nice to be with people who took a practical view and even the dining staff agreed with us!

On NCL for dinner my DH will wear a collared shirt (short sleeved) and nice chinos and have a light jacket available - he is big/tall size and will be shopping in the US as the clothes choices are so much better than the UK, so most likely will be wearing something new! I will bring light dresses/skirts. Shorts for both of us during the day.

We will be very comfortable and really looking forward to it.

Edited by Chelsea1

• 1 month later...

We are going to try "packing lighter" for our upcoming cruise. I'm thinking DH will be ok (and fit in?) in the Haven Restaurant for dinner in nice khaki shorts, a button-down shirt, and nice leather sandals? We will feel uncomfortable if this is outside the norm. I will usually wear sundresses.

LOL I cant believe all these different answers. Many years ago the HAVEN restaurant did have a dress code. But several years ago NCL decided to go even more freestyle and want their guests as casual as ever. They lifted the dress code on Cagneys, the Haven and other specialty restaurants except Le Bistro and on MDR room (Manhattan Room on the newer ships).

Last NCL cruise saw people eating breakfast in sweat pants, pajamas, shorts or whatever they were comfortable in. The Haven is more casual than ever.

We are going to try "packing lighter" for our upcoming cruise. I'm thinking DH will be ok (and fit in?) in the Haven Restaurant for dinner in nice khaki shorts, a button-down shirt, and nice leather sandals? We will feel uncomfortable if this is outside the norm. I will usually wear sundresses.

He will be fine. You will see that it is not very formal and just like the rest of the ship with everyone dressing to how they feel. In fact, he is dressed as my husband was on certain nights. Enjoy your trip.

Sounds like a great way to dress. If you avoid the restaurants with a dress code, you can wear this all cruise long.

Glad to hear it. We don't really mind dressing up (especially if it is just the two of us) but for this particular cruise are looking to travel light. I know you can practically "dress any way you want" but we like to be consistent with what the norm is. You will not find us in pajamas anywhere other than our room! But, if he can wear shorts (he's always hot) and nice sandals instead of socks, shoes, and long pants, and still fit in, that will work just fine.

IMHO...

Shorts are not a problem for breakfast and lunch.

Long pants and a collared shirt for dinner is preferable unless you want to stand out and see some "raised eyebrows."

The Haven restaurant is really a great restaurant and the service is fantastic and so friendly.

I have never seen shorts in the Haven for dinner except on children.:cool:

Don

I'll be in The Haven on the Escape on Dec 9th. I guess I can expect to see some "raised eyebrows" because I'll be in shorts from the time I get on the ship to the time I get off the ship... :)

Jim

I'll be in The Haven on the Escape on Dec 9th. I guess I can expect to see some "raised eyebrows" because I'll be in shorts from the time I get on the ship to the time I get off the ship... :)

Jim

No raised eyebrows on the Epic and I am going to guess no raised eyebrows anywhere. :D

Jim, you will fit in fine. We were in the Havens on the Escape last year and the Haven on the Breakaway last month. Men were in shorts on both ships without raised eyebrows.