Haven Restaurant Dress Code ?

TOMTOMRN331

We were turned away at mdr for my son being in dress shorts and polo

They demamded long pants ...free style isn.t any more

So bring long pants like dockers ..or casual dress pants ...

I plan to buy hem in black, navy and beige for my son ...perfect summer pants

We were on the Epic's poker cruise in Dec 2016. The maitre d on the Epic told my wife that they can't really enforce a dess code, only suggest that someone change. This came up when one of the poker folks showed up daily wearing some pretty graphic F*CK YOU (etc) t-shirts. The maitre d said she asked the guy to change, and he said he didn't want to, and they seated him.

That being said - I've never been turned away wearing shorts and a "normal" t-shirt on the Getaway or Epic. :D

The NCL dress code has never officially allowed shorts in the aft dining room. It is stated on the website, and has been the case for many years (probably for ever). Some ships do allow it, but being turned away from the aft MDR for wearing them is nothing new.

It's irrelevant to a discussion about the Haven dining room though. The no shorts dress code doesn't apply there.

If you follow the published dress code, you would not be turned away.

The mid-ship dining rooms allow shorts.

Aft main dining room on ships except the Escape, Breakaway, Getaway and short cruises require long pants. (There are a few other exceptions like short cruises - Sky)

To the OP's question, we were just in the Breakaway Havens and shorts are "allowed" in the Havens restaurant. "Most" men wear long pants. "Some" insist on wearing shorts, and won't be turned away.Specifically on the Breakaway, where the OP is sailing, shorts are allowed in all restaurants except Ocean Blue and Le Bistro (you can wear shorts in the Manhattan Room).

Edited by BirdTravels

OP - The Haven restaurant is very casual. We saw quite the variety of clothing during all three meals. I believe that since this restaurant is for Haven guests only we are allowed to be in a relaxed mode the entire cruise. It is never crowded and the food is great.

The dress codes others have posted are not for the Haven dining venue. Swimsuits, of course, may be frowned on for dinner ;)

This was in the Haven or the MDR? Yes...generally one of the MDRs has a dress code (depending on the ship). It is clearly stated in the Freestyle Daily.

You should have no problem with shorts in the Haven dining room.

We have sailed suites in the past, but first Haven trip coming up in January.

Specific dress code for dinner in the Haven restaurant ?

Similar to MDR or Le Bistro/Blue ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO...

Shorts are not a problem for breakfast and lunch.

Long pants and a collared shirt for dinner is preferable unless you want to stand out and see some "raised eyebrows."

The Haven restaurant is really a great restaurant and the service is fantastic and so friendly.

I have never seen shorts in the Haven for dinner except on children.:cool:

Don

I have seen it several times. Shorts with sandals (no socks), actually. They were a very nice couple who even complimented us on how our children were behaving in the restaurant. That's probably why I can remember them so vividly.

Thank you everyone for the responses. We like to get dressed for dinner (when I say dress I mean pants and a nice button down) because I think it adds to the experience of cursing. But towards the end sometimes I just want to wear a pair of shorts and be comfortable.

Glad to hear good things about the Haven dining room since we have never ate there before.

IMHO...

Shorts are not a problem for breakfast and lunch.

Long pants and a collared shirt for dinner is preferable unless you want to stand out and see some "raised eyebrows."

The Haven restaurant is really a great restaurant and the service is fantastic and so friendly.

Don

I have seen shorts on men for dinner in the Haven restaurant.

Thank you everyone for the responses. We like to get dressed for dinner (when I say dress I mean pants and a nice button down) because I think it adds to the experience of cursing.

I know when I curse at people I like to dress up also.

(sorry, couldn't resist).

Food just tastes better when you wear a collared shirt and don't curse. ;p

While long pants aren't required, I would suggest wearing them there your first evening and getting a feel for how your fellow cruisers are dressing.

I'm sure evenings after a long day in port are more casual. One of my favorite quotes is "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

We just got back from a week on the Breakaway and were in the Haven. My husband does like to dress for dinner so we packed accordingly. We were in the Haven and ate in the Haven restaurant and saw shorts, pants, people ready for the pools, etc. We were also pleasantly surprised at the number of people on the ship who did "dress up" in the evening, which was more than I hD anticipated. We always felt comfortable and enjoyed the experience. The only place I saw a gentleman get turned away for main dining room entry with shorts was Le Bistro, but they did seat his party in the outside area. Wear what you like!

So funny story - yesterday I booked excursions and when I looked up our itinerary we are sailing Getaway next, and than Breakaway in 2019. LOL. Good thing they are sister ships.

I have seen it several times. Shorts with sandals (no socks), actually. They were a very nice couple who even complimented us on how our children were behaving in the restaurant. That's probably why I can remember them so vividly.

I don't care what people wear for dinner, in fact, I would prefer dinner dining in the Haven in shorts, but my DW and I are on vacation and since she prefers to dress up a bit more than shorts for dinner, I go with the flow and with others in the dining room.

I believe most women enjoy dressing up a bit for dinner unlike most men.;)

One should dress however they feel comfortable.

I'm just thankful that I don't ever have to wear a jacket on NCL which was required on some cruise lines on certain nights in their restaurants.....one of the main reasons I switched to NCL.:cool:

Don

• Like 1