Radiance of the Sea...TIPS!!

I'm sure it will be good enough to sit outside on my Australia cruise in Radiance in December

Don't tell our American friends but when radiance is in Australia they like to have an Aussie BBQ for lunch on the pool deck.

We stayed in the historic Sylvia Hotel and walked around Stanley Park and to some of the quaint shops and restaurants. It's worth the added expense.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Sylvia does a lovely traditional afternoon tea and is well located next to English Bay for a lovely view of the water.

The Sylvia does a lovely traditional afternoon tea and is well located next to English Bay for a lovely view of the water.

Too bad we missed the afternoon tea! We got in at dinner time (the short ribs were fabulous!) and also ate breakfast there before heading for the ship. There is no air conditioner in the Sylvia -it was warm in Alaska- and our room was really tiny, but it was cute and clean. We loved Stanley Park and spent a lot of time walking along the Bay.

The deck plans show Rita's Cantina. Is it Mexican for the Alaska cruises, or do they change it to the Crab Shack?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's neither now, just seating for the windjammer and a bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The deck plans show Rita's Cantina. Is it Mexican for the Alaska cruises, or do they change it to the Crab Shack?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On our June 9th - 16th cruise it was a bar that sold craft beers, mostly those brewed in Alaska.

• 3 weeks later...

Another awesome spot that I found on Radiance for a quiet beer and perhaps a chat to the barman, was the bar just inside by the indoor pool.

I often found myself there, all alone, enjoying the peace and scenery of Alaska, with a cold beer in hand. Meanwhile all the other bars were packed.

Not long now until radiance makes her way to her summer home of Sydney Australia. [emoji4] don't worry we will look after her and her crew. She is one of the favourite ships sailing from Australia.

I'm sure it will be good enough to sit outside on my Australia cruise in Radiance in December

If your itinerary takes you south of Australia or the southern half of New Zealand it may be a bit chilly. Not cold enough to prevent sitting out there, but your hot/warm food will cool off very quickly.

Tim

Don't tell our American friends but when radiance is in Australia they like to have an Aussie BBQ for lunch on the pool deck.

Excellent! I'll be on her in March sailing to NZ and AU! I miss the BBQs RCI used to have so it'll be nice to enjoy it again.