Large Groups - How do you keep in touch on-board?

Darcy03231

You can call room to room and leave messages. You can leave notes on doors. You can just have a daily meet up time/place scheduled to see what everyone is doing each day or have it in the evening to catch up on what people did during the day. It isn't hard to find people on a cruise ship if you just wander around.

When I go on a cruise, I turn my phone off and keep it in the safe. If I want to find anyone in my group, I check the freestyle daily for what activities are happening at that time and I can pretty much figure out where they may be. The ships don't have a lot of secret hiding places and people tend to gravitate towards the same places or activities so if I have to wander around a bit to find my group that's what I do.

When you are all together, typically at meals, everyone should tell their short-term plans, so that everyone knows what's going on. That way, you'll know where to find each other! It's really not as hard as you're thinking it will be.

We're cruising with a party of 10 with age ranges between 22-68. Since we can't use our cell phones, what's the best way to keep in touch with each other? I was thinking of getting the social media package and using messenger. Would that work?

Social media package?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take my mom with you. She likes to know everything about everybody. She will know where each person is and what they are doing at any given time. We have sailed with up to 20 in our group and she knew everything. And for some reason she always seems to be around.

:'):'):')

We're cruising with a party of 10 with age ranges between 22-68. Since we can't use our cell phones, what's the best way to keep in touch with each other? I was thinking of getting the social media package and using messenger. Would that work?

the iConcierge app supplies good info onboard free, but in order to use it between members of your group each has to have the app and there may be a fee for one to one communications. It uses the ships Wi-Fi.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

the iConcierge app supplies good info onboard free, but in order to use it between members of your group each has to have the app and there may be a fee for one to one communications. It uses the ships Wi-Fi.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Yes, there is a fee. See the link I provided earlier.

We used iConceirge app on the Escape back in February with a group of 16. Download it before you get on the ship, and log in once on board or in the terminal. I recall it was something like $10 per device to utilize the texting capability but well worth it. Perhaps each couple has one person that has the texting capability to save a few dollars, if that makes sense.

We had a couple issues with it on occasions, but just restarted the app and all was good. You can also use it to schedule reservations for dinners and shows, and it'll even help you navigate the ship.

We were a group of 8 on an NCL cruise in 2013 .At least 2 of us seemed to be together a lot and we always managed to find everyone else.

You can call room to room and leave messages. You can leave notes on doors. You can just have a daily meet up time/place scheduled to see what everyone is doing each day or have it in the evening to catch up on what people did during the day. It isn't hard to find people on a cruise ship if you just wander around.

Exactly what we do for our group of 9 when onboard.

Hi! I'm new to NCL, but I read that f you put your iPhones on airport mode you can still iMessage each other (obviously, only those in your group with iPhones). No charge! If anyone knows this to be false, please let me know.

I wouldnt have thought so. In airplane mode, both mobile data and wifi are turned off.

We had a group of 8 (plus two kids) and we had a standing "meet at the next Trivia" agreement, starting with the 9 a.m. one!

And we also tried to have dinner together every evening when on ship, and would discuss the next day at that time.

I saw a couple of rooms with a small write on/wipe off board attached just to the side of the door with a message like "dinner at 5:30 at xyz spot," etc.

I've used magnetic dry erase boards, post it notes, room to room phone calls. We've also designated a table near the pool for meet up. We had a couple of smokers that practically lived there and we had to pass it on the way to the buffet so it was always easy to check in and see who was doing what and make plans.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app