re meat pies

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Sunday, I bought a steak and mushroom pie and a pork and fennel sausage roll at the HOTA Markets.  The pie was so vile I gave it to the dogs.  Seems I didn't see the "peppered" steak and mushroom pie in the front. I like pepper but not so much that it made the pie uneatable.  The sausage roll was delicious.  They also sold persimmon donuts, which was something different.  I'll stick to My favourite food at the HOTA Markets, which is Japanese.

Are the dogs ok?😉

So, digressing from meat pies:  pizzas?   In Canberra,   Locale, Deakin,   Bentham St. Pizza, Yarralumla,  Agostinis, in East Hotel,  and apparently   Ortopizza, Garran  is also really good.  

11 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Watching Masterchef and they had an ep featuring the pie makers of Country Cobb bakery. They made two pies, one a scallop curry pie another was BBQ beef with quail eggs. They both looked delicious😋. Here's the video if any one is curious the pie section starts at 12:45

Masterclass 2

Yes, I saw that. I really, really wanted to try that scallop curry pie! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Thanks, it's what I suspected.  Pizza pie is a very American expression, but whatever you want to call it, just never plonk pineapple on it.  That'll start something😉

IMHO pizza is not a pie, it's not even a flan, it's more of a loaded flatbread. But what ever you call it if it's a good one it's a slice of heaven!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Sunday, I bought a steak and mushroom pie and a pork and fennel sausage roll at the HOTA Markets.  The pie was so vile I gave it to the dogs.  Seems I didn't see the "peppered" steak and mushroom pie in the front. I like pepper but not so much that it made the pie uneatable.  The sausage roll was delicious.  They also sold persimmon donuts, which was something different.  I'll stick to My favourite food at the HOTA Markets, which is Japanese.

I had to stop buying the pepper pies from my local bakery. They've been putting too much pepper in them lately so they weren't nice any more. 

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I had to stop buying the pepper pies from my local bakery. They've been putting too much pepper in them lately so they weren't nice any more. 

He said he mixed white and black pepper.  I replied that I couldn't taste the mushrooms, but he said there were mushrooms in the pie.  Says how strong the pepper was!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Thanks, it's what I suspected.  Pizza pie is a very American expression, but whatever you want to call it, just never plonk pineapple on it.  That'll start something😉

Had some again today, ham and pineapple.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mareblu said:

So, digressing from meat pies:  pizzas?   In Canberra,   Locale, Deakin,   Bentham St. Pizza, Yarralumla,  Agostinis, in East Hotel,  and apparently   Ortopizza, Garran  is also really good.  

We make our own, Lebanese bread, pizza tomato paste, and whatever toppings we want, they cook in around 10 mins and very tasty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

IMHO pizza is not a pie, it's not even a flan, it's more of a loaded flatbread. But what ever you call it if it's a good one it's a slice of heaven!

Agreed, but some do and I had pie envy.

19 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We make our own, Lebanese bread, pizza tomato paste, and whatever toppings we want, they cook in around 10 mins and very tasty.

I do the same Mic. Agree, very tasty.

4 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Les, haven't tried the corner pizza place in Batehaven.  Any good?

Yes, a few times, called HEAT. In winter they have restricted hours, check their book of faces page. They are good pizzas, I get the gf base of course, i like the diavolo 🍕 pepperoni, 🌶 

Edited by NSWP

I am Leeton Heritage Motor Inn, Pieface  has an outlet at the servo down the road, i must investigate, I doubt they have gf dogs eyes.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Mareblu said:

How about jack fruit😂? One my local pizza shops does peppered jack fruit pizza. Not personally to my taste, I prefer my jack fruit for dessert😋

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, NSWP said:

Yes, a few times, called HEAT. In winter they have restricted hours, check their book of faces page. They are good pizzas, I get the gf base of course, i like the diavolo 🍕 pepperoni, 🌶 

Thanks, Les.  Might try them tomorrow.  A relative is a Therapist at the beauty spa next door.  Hope you're fit and well.

Linda

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NSWP said:

I am Leeton Heritage Motor Inn, Pieface  has an outlet at the servo down the road, i must investigate, I doubt they have gf dogs eyes.

Enjoy your road trip🙂

17 hours ago, NSWP said:

Not a big fan of pie face, but enjoy your trip and I hope you find lots of GF pies on the road.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NSWP said:

Have you seen oranges for sale?  Oranges at both Woolies and Coles here have seen better days!  My favourite oranges come from SA, but I'm happy to have any fresh juicy oranges. 

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Have you seen oranges for sale?  Oranges at both Woolies and Coles here have seen better days!  My favourite oranges come from SA, but I'm happy to have any fresh juicy oranges. 

Not seen any. Pieface is no good for me.