re meat pies

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's very hard having to make that decision. 

Niki looked a bit perkier today but his kidney readings are still very bad. We are psyching ourselves up to the reality that we might have to make that hard decision within the next week. We hope to have him home for a few days first, so he can enjoy doing some of his favourite things - he really hates being in hospital judging by the way he acted today.

Sending thoughts of comfort and peaceful pleasure to Niki.  Hope you can take him home....

Linda

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Ok, photos….the  Setter, my grandaughter’s in Townsville, the irish wolfhound my daughter’s in Moruya. The Lab of 14 yrs, my vet grandaughter’s had to be put down a few months ago by my grandaughter, very crook. The lab, bindi was my favourite.

7AE97558-F6D9-4215-9253-20CE19D0F283.jpeg

68D2EA45-23FF-4EAD-B533-5364ADEB2887.jpeg

69BC2D92-ADD2-45B4-B6E5-42E93B69E7C0.png

They're all beautiful dogs.  Yes, labs are special.  So intuitive.  Irish wolf hounds and regal, and setters are statuesque and clever.  Lovely grandies🥰

• Like 1

On 6/10/2022 at 7:34 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, it is close but we have a lot to get through before then. Our much loved 12yo cat is currently in the pet hospital with severe kidney issues. 😪 We're finding it hard to get ourselves organised for the cruise because of that.

18 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Niki looked a bit perkier today but his kidney readings are still very bad. We are psyching ourselves up to the reality that we might have to make that hard decision within the next week. We hope to have him home for a few days first, so he can enjoy doing some of his favourite things - he really hates being in hospital judging by the way he acted today.

Sorry to hear about your beloved Niki Julie. It is so hard to make the decision to say goodbye to our pets, even when you know it is best for them. Our cat has to be put down while we were on a cruise. He wasn't well either and was being looked after by our daughter. We had talked to our vet and said if he deteriorated, he had our permission to euthenise him which is what happened. ❤️

On 6/10/2022 at 7:34 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, it is close but we have a lot to get through before then. Our much loved 12yo cat is currently in the pet hospital with severe kidney issues. 😪 We're finding it hard to get ourselves organised for the cruise because of that.

Kidney issues are difficult for a cat. We have experienced this. I am so sorry to hear this news. 

Thanks for all your kind wishes about Niki.

We are bringing him home today and hope to have a few last days with him before we say goodbye. His kidney functions are unlikely to improve so the best we can do for him is give him a peaceful end.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

18 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Difficult decision but you have to think what is best for him. I recall that several years ago, we put off the hard decision too long when our beloved Siamese had kidney problems. Sending you best wishes. 💘

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We are bringing him home today and hope to have a few last days with him before we say goodbye. His kidney functions are unlikely to improve so the best we can do for him is give him a peaceful end.

❤️

28 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Commiserations, Julie and Rolf,  fur babies are family.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

❤️

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

💜

15 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Ohhhh Uncle Les an Irish Wolfhound is one of my “I’d love one” dogs. But I expect Maxy will be my last. 

Maya the wolfhound is huge now Gut, she would want all your meat pie not just the crumbs, lol.  Actually the Irish Wolfhound appetite is nothing compared to the Labradors, they are just food machines on four legs, lol.

Edited by NSWP

On 6/11/2022 at 9:53 AM, NSWP said:

I have had cats, dogs and birds, no more.

Similar for us Les.

Whilst having pets is a source of joy, the sadness of losing them is terrible. When we lost our inherited sulphur-crested cockatoo ( hand reared from a hatchling by Tracey's Dad & passed at almost 50 years) we decided no more pets - just so much distress.

Also, no pets allows a lot more freedom for us to travel.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Maya the wolfhound is huge now Gut, she would want all your meat pie not just the crumbs, lol.  Actually the Irish Wolfhound appetite is nothing compared to the Labradors, they are just food machines on four legs, lol.

Yeah Labs can be garbage disposal units and you need to be careful of their weight will really blow out, but no doubt your grandaughter keeps you all informed about all that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

Similar for us Les.

Whilst having pets is a source of joy, the sadness of losing them is terrible. When we lost our inherited sulphur-crested cockatoo ( hand reared from a hatchling by Tracey's Dad & passed at almost 50 years) we decided no more pets - just so much distress.

Also, no pets allows a lot more freedom for us to travel.

I’ve said “no more” a few times, once after we lost three Dalmatians in about 6 weeks, but always eventually say “I need another” I honestly can’t imagine life without my Max, but then often find myself flat on the ground, no one around, with only Max. A few weeks ago he stood over me, keeping the rain off my face while waited for help.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Yeah Labs can be garbage disposal units and you need to be careful of their weight will really blow out, but no doubt your grandaughter keeps you all informed about all that.

Bindi the Lab is now in the big kennel in the sky mate, hips and  heart went. My grandaughter put her down herself in Townsville., sad day.

69BC2D92-ADD2-45B4-B6E5-42E93B69E7C0.png.ddd2208ca63ef00179a650cb749147f5.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Bindi the Lab is now in the big kennel in the sky mate, hips and  heart went. My grandaughter put her down herself in Townsville., sad day.

69BC2D92-ADD2-45B4-B6E5-42E93B69E7C0.png.ddd2208ca63ef00179a650cb749147f5.png

Sorry mate, hard for your grandaughter, I hate it every time, and am not sure I could do it myself.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2022 at 4:48 PM, GUT2407 said:

Sorry mate, hard for your grandaughter, I hate it every time, and am not sure I could do it myself.

Even though she is a vet putting down a couple of animals a day, putting her own dog down which she had for 14 years impacted her greatly.

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Even though she is a vet putting down a couple of animals a day, putting her own dog down which she had for 14 years impacted her greatly.

I am sure it did, I know it would me.