The e-docs are here !!!

ger_77

While it wasn't quite as much fun as grabbing the FedEx driver and dancing around the driveway, I printed off our e-docs this morning, grabbed DH and danced around our back yard. It just doesn't get old for me; every time we receive e-docs, the excitement's still there. Another cruise, another step closer! Now the wait begins for the second portion of our back-to-back cruises e-docs to arrive!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

While it wasn't quite as much fun as grabbing the FedEx driver and dancing around the driveway, I printed off our e-docs this morning, grabbed DH and danced around our back yard. It just doesn't get old for me; every time we receive e-docs, the excitement's still there. Another cruise, another step closer! Now the wait begins for the second portion of our back-to-back cruises e-docs to arrive!

Great news. Looking forward to meeting you on the crossing[emoji568][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Always get excited when the e-docs arrive, as ours did a couple weeks ago for our cruise next month.

And we'll be using our vintage blue 'faux leather' HAL pouch to put the printed copies in! :D

We will be using our Hal travel doc folder too! We're on the Eurodam 9/23 Alaska sailing!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Take any video of that frozen tundra dance, Your Honor? ;)

We used to get these plastic wallets delivered to our home fedex. Or to the TA. One each. Plastic made to look like suede.

What a waste of paper and resources.! Plus, were were paying for this nonsense.

We don't even bother with printing anything any more. We fill out the docs on line. We take note of our booking number. We show up. We have a live booking number, a valid passport, and a credit card that works (most important to the cruise line). That is it. Has been that way for at least the last 10 or so cruises on multiple cruise lines.

Never had as much as a minor comment, let alone a question, about doing it this way. Works for us. Less paperwork to carry, less product going into the recycle bin. Some of the practices of the good old days were not so good.

Never, ever had a problem getting to the ship...FLL/MIA/LAX, BCN. FCO, YVR, anywhere. Always no issue going through port security.

I remember the blue pleather document wallets - I finally tossed all of ours last year. I now use an app to carry most of our documentation for trips; everything from flights to hotels. The only thing from the e-docs that I print out are our boarding passes and I print them back to back so there's less paper to deal with.

We used to get these plastic wallets delivered to our home fedex. Or to the TA. One each. Plastic made to look like suede.

What a waste of paper and resources.! Plus, were were paying for this nonsense.

We don't even bother with printing anything any more. We fill out the docs on line. We take note of our booking number. We show up. We have a live booking number, a valid passport, and a credit card that works (most important to the cruise line). That is it. Has been that way for at least the last 10 or so cruises on multiple cruise lines.

Never had as much as a minor comment, let alone a question, about doing it this way. Works for us. Less paperwork to carry, less product going into the recycle bin. Some of the practices of the good old days were not so good.

Never, ever had a problem getting to the ship...FLL/MIA/LAX, BCN. FCO, YVR, anywhere. Always no issue going through port security.

Okay killjoy... thanks! :rolleyes:

I remember the blue pleather document wallets - I finally tossed all of ours last year. I now use an app to carry most of our documentation for trips; everything from flights to hotels. The only thing from the e-docs that I print out are our boarding passes and I print them back to back so there's less paper to deal with.

Those blue doc wallets have gone through their own variations over the years, but they came in handy to put cruise-related 'stuff' in. I have at least one extra one; let me know if you want me to send it your way. I still owe you for the "Corner Gas" stuff you to us :D

Ger, don't throw a hip out doing that dance!

It is much easier for all of you coming to Europe.

Not always. Last year I was taking a series of four successive cruises, starting in Barcelona, and ending with a trans-At in Ft. Lauderdale.

Fortunately, my TA had printed all four boarding passes, and I had brought them. Since I had a one-way flight to Europe, the airline required proof that I was returning to the US before they would check me in. Fortunately, the boarding passes all listed the embarkation and disembarkation ports, so I could prove the turn-around ports with no gaps.

At FLL it's different if you are coming in by taxi/shuttle or by private car. A taxi/shuttle usually just gets a wave-through, while in a private car they usually want to see the boarding pass. I don't know what happens if you don't have it. Also, twice at FLL we have had to show the boarding passes to get into the terminal building.

At FLL it's different if you are coming in by taxi/shuttle or by private car. A taxi/shuttle usually just gets a wave-through, while in a private car they usually want to see the boarding pass. I don't know what happens if you don't have it. Also, twice at FLL we have had to show the boarding passes to get into the terminal building.

An involved process to prove that you are a cruise ship pax that day, and have a reason to be waved through