new website opinions

There you go with that high-tech lingo...which is Latin to this 5 year old. :o

Incognito mode is just a version of the Chrome browser that doesn't store cookies (so you're "incognito" on the internet, get it?). The name is honestly a little misleading because you aren't anonymous to websites, it just doesn't store cookies so the websites can't track you with tracking cookies. It also doesn't load extensions, like ad blockers for example. Anyways, you can access it a few different ways:

ctrl + shift + N (as mentioned previously)

If you have a Chrome icon in your taskbar you can right click it and choose "New incognito window"

Or you can click on the icon at the top right of your regular Chrome window that looks like 3 vertical dots and pick "New incognito window"

Incognito mode is just a version of the Chrome browser that doesn't store cookies (so you're "incognito" on the internet, get it?). The name is honestly a little misleading because you aren't anonymous to websites, it just doesn't store cookies so the websites can't track you with tracking cookies. It also doesn't load extensions, like ad blockers for example. Anyways, you can access it a few different ways:

If you have a Chrome icon in your taskbar you can right click it and choose "New incognito window"

Or you can click on the icon at the top right of your regular Chrome window that looks like 3 vertical dots and pick "New incognito window"

I had no idea that I even had a, "New Incognito Window" until your post! Thank you to both posters for clueing me in!

I use the second method you describe. [emoji2]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

BTW, Firefox and IE have the same setup, just slightly different names. I just have more success with Chrome.

One major difference with Firefox private mode is that it does load extensions, so if one of your extensions is causing an issue private mode won't help you.

There is another problem I encountered. Maybe someone can help me with. I wanted to check deck plans for Navigator and can't figure out how to do it now. When you click on ships, you just get a new page but nothing that allows you to see deck plans.

This is the worst I have experienced. Frustrated.

I was able to find deck plans by using google. Should be able to get them on RC website.

When you display the ship, you should see a selection at the top for deck plans. This is for Oasis:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/oasis-of-the-seas/deck-plans

Both the RCCL and Celebrity websites were recently rebuilt and, IMHO, released to primetime before they were ready. Supposedly they were both done by Accenture which means the work was off-shored and likely done by developers with little or no real world knowledge of the product. I speak from Fortune 500 experience there.

The upside is that they do seem to be improving slowly but surely. That or we're just learning to cope with the poor designs. ;)

at least the main page where i like to check 'depart from' and 'dates' hasnt change. i do find that a very good page and its my jump off page to do my daily research. also i have to admit that it is jarring when you get to the booking site that its the same old thing. i would expect you change the front end, you change the back end too. but maybe adding the non refundable options was enough change for now

I don't really have a problem with the changes to the search screen and the booking screens are the same as they were. I like that when selecting an option such as "Sailing from" you can select multiple ports before it refreshes the results and you can still select a range of months, same as before. The new display of multiple dates for an itinerary still allows you to compare prices between dates but now only one stateroom category at a time (click on the category and the prices are shown for each date), at least it works which is something I couldn't say for the old way in certain browsers. Once you select a date it brings you to the booking pages that are the same as before.

I played with the filtering options a bit and have yet to find any problems. When selecting a new filter after a previous one has been applied, e.g. filter on ship first and then add a filter on destination, the options for the new filter reflect only those that are in the original selection. I've tried it with multiple browsers on my iPad and MacBook and it works on all I've tried, something that was not the case with the old search page.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When you display the ship, you should see a selection at the top for deck plans. This is for Oasis:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/oasis-of-the-seas/deck-plans

I persevered and finally found the correct link. I had missed the filter line at the top of the page that showed "ships". I knew from your post I had to be missing something.

Thank you, Bob, for always responding to help your fellow cruisers.

Thank you so much for the help...I managed to find my dates using the incognito window you described and how to find it on my Chrome.

But what a bunch of ridiculous steps RCI IT has implemented....so unfriendly :eek:

I don't really have a problem with the changes to the search screen and the booking screens are the same as they were. I like that when selecting an option such as "Sailing from" you can select multiple ports before it refreshes the results and you can still select a range of months, same as before. The new display of multiple dates for an itinerary still allows you to compare prices between dates but now only one stateroom category at a time (click on the category and the prices are shown for each date), at least it works which is something I couldn't say for the old way in certain browsers. Once you select a date it brings you to the booking pages that are the same as before.

I played with the filtering options a bit and have yet to find any problems. When selecting a new filter after a previous one has been applied, e.g. filter on ship first and then add a filter on destination, the options for the new filter reflect only those that are in the original selection. I've tried it with multiple browsers on my iPad and MacBook and it works on all I've tried, something that was not the case with the old search page.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess some folks just don't like change :halo: :halo: