A few more questions before our Infinity cruise

MsSoCalCruiser

What time does Celebrity usually begin boarding at the port of Los Angeles?

We would like to carry on our luggage. Are the rooms ready when boarding begins?

Who do we report food sensitivities to for dining in the MDR?

Has anyone been successful lately in downgrading their classic alcohol package to a premium non-alcohol package without being charged?

What venues are open for lunch on embarkation day?

Thank you in advance for your helpful replies :)

We would like to carry on our luggage. Are the rooms ready when boarding begins?

Has anyone been successful lately in downgrading their classic alcohol package to a premium non-alcohol package without being charged?

Boarding usually begins around 11:30 give or take a half hour

Sometimes the rooms are ready usually not, depends on when you board. By 1 or 2 you can normally get to your room.

Don't know about the food allergy thing. Check the daily planner once you board.

Most everything on the non-alky premium package is available with the classic booze package except fancy water and stuff like redbull. Most virgin drinks, sodas, juices and coffees are covered by the classic package. You can also just pay the difference if you want a fancy water or something not fully covered by the classic package. Can't comment on a downgrade since I like my Whiskey;p that thought never crossed my mind.

The buffet will be open, possibly sushi on 5 and the Aqua Spa Cafe (some times they are sometimes not, my last cruise on the milly they were closed) if you are concierge class you can go to the MDR for lunch.

Do not know specifically about LA, but at most ports you can board as early as about 11:00am to 11:30am

Rooms are usually not ready until around 1:00pm

From their website: Allergic to nuts, shellfish, eggs or something else? Our entire team is extensively trained to handle these special needs. Just speak with your Maître d' onboard and he or she will ensure your requirements are met.

Oceanview Cafe, Pool Grill (M-Class Ships), Mast Grill (S-Class Ships). Aqua Spa Cafe, and Sushi on 5 (ala carte fee); in addition the Main Dining Room is open only for Concierge Cabins and Luminae is open for Suite Cabins

Enjoy your cruise

Will your luggage fit through an airport type TSA scanner?

Generally your cabin will not be available when the boarding process begins. If you arrive around 1:30 you can probably access your cabin. There is no finite time, just approximation.

You can speak to the maitre 'd when you board about your food issues and always follow up with your waiter. If you have other food issues you can contact special needs who will put a note on your file.

Are the luggage scanners the same size as in the airport?

Last Jan we had to take our luggage on board as we were late arriving. The Longshoremen were closing up to go home. Our suitcase was 19" wide, 25" long it just fit in the scanner but not sure if all places use the same scanners, good luck. Just a thought we could go to our room as soon as we boarded so it was no problem, not sure I would want to take it on board early.

Re dining, as suggested you need to see the M'D. He will be stationed outside the MDR. There will be a queue of guests wanting to change seating, table size...

You do not mention if you are in select or fixed time dining. Whilst in select you can request the same table area/staff each night in fixed you will definitely get the same wait staff who following one conversation can respond to your food issues. This may be a better option for you. They can, if you wish, show you the next night's menu and arrange to modify a dish if needed....

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Re dining, as suggested you need to see the M'D. He will be stationed outside the MDR. There will be a queue of guests wanting to change seating, table size...

You do not mention if you are in select or fixed time dining. Whilst in select you can request the same table area/staff each night in fixed you will definitely get the same wait staff who following one conversation can respond to your food issues. This may be a better option for you. They can, if you wish, show you the next night's menu and arrange to modify a dish if needed....

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Thank you 😀

I will make sure that I talk to the M'D. We are in select dining. We wanted fixed dining but there was no availability.

Are the luggage scanners the same size as in the airport?

Usually.

By the way, you will need to lift your luggage onto the scanner yourself. For regular luggage at the airport you do not do this since regular luggage is checked. So if your suitcase weighs 50 pounds, you do the lifting,

Thank you 😀

I will make sure that I talk to the M'D. We are in select dining. We wanted fixed dining but there was no availability.

If you contact special needs at Celebrity and explain the reason why you want fixed they may be able to help...If not again discuss with the M'D on boarding who may be able to switch you over....

Best wishes

Caribill... I think I worded that incorrectly so I want to ask you again to make sure. My power strip is just a power strip and does not have surge protection. Am I allowed to bring that on a celebrity cruise? Thank you!

The correct answer is sometimes. Sometimes they let you and sometimes it goes to the 'naughty room' and you can pick it up after your cruise. If you need it for a medical reason contact Special Needs about that also and they will supply one.

Caribill... I think I worded that incorrectly so I want to ask you again to make sure. My power strip is just a power strip and does not have surge protection. Am I allowed to bring that on a celebrity cruise? Thank you!

No, you're getting bad information. Some people get away with it, but officially Celebrity does not allow any extension cords or power strips. From https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/before-you-board

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Aerial Drones
  • Candles & Incense
  • **Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • ***Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages
  • Potentially hazardous food and/or food that requires refrigeration.

Emphasis is mine, but clearly, Celebrity does not allow any kind of extension cord no matter how many receptacles it has on the end. Sometimes you can get by security, but they don't officially allow them. If you have a need, like for a CPAP machine, they will provide the extension cord.

The correct answer is sometimes. Sometimes they let you and sometimes it goes to the 'naughty room' and you can pick it up after your cruise. If you need it for a medical reason contact Special Needs about that also and they will supply one.

Not a medical reason, just needed for phones, iPads, tablets, Kindles and who knows what else.

Not a medical reason, just needed for phones, iPads, tablets, Kindles and who knows what else.

You can pick up chargers with multiple USB ports. That way you plug in one charger and can charge several devices. Amazon has them starting at about $10. You have to be careful with the big ones because depending on how and where the outlet is located they might not fit. I use the ones with 2 outlets. That way me and the wife can charge both of our phones from one outlet.

https://www.amazon.com/Charger-4-Port-Family-Sized-Charger-Technology/dp/B01AW4I3IY/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1504380752&sr=8-19&keywords=phone+charger+plug+in+wall

You can pick up chargers with multiple USB ports. That way you plug in one charger and can charge several devices. Amazon has them starting at about $10. You have to be careful with the big ones because depending on how and where the outlet is located they might not fit. I use the ones with 2 outlets. That way me and the wife can charge both of our phones from one outlet.

I have been told this one is acceptable on X (it flew through and was accepted on NCL). It uses the Euro power port so we still have the US style receptacle to use for other things:

mF7ybq0eZrEwVV6rp7lJ2JRsnMgxdjhbMNUKwE_CZxhIrZf8J_YBotVL91NUdHYlbs6IHqW-dBelRsveFzqmau4VaZ3sA5kxg7ZY1noTHi79C6-Q3wHdAIs4w-zJEhROB3IoGtvDgTwR69Ig4LAlH4qhOg8nu01pU9pa2uy_ht6cVW2YBDwRGPEMM2LS1wEWecJOIs0-qkQ08skp98-m4dhOojqdonRliPJuyCz-SZUGfYM7eb0M4qwZOQAI9Q59CYGJQnY7RCYohXUg_e75kU3FiebhvMTZ_MLL1Hp0U49DSpnnYqtt452SqRHquTT5PPpHE2E2tvUo_wYE_1Wni2_x0alHt0Qbs9bje7HZdUbM-pGRyerpmw5Qbx3TbtbwAFaYRySl0npHLX8wpknl8HaJyTDnpU_S1kD1QYKwbwe2lNOpoIKiK7Qg03T724Ti1FWYOIrStRkqRuXXgM2UF4Gj9R9fxkV5B-rrnWhFpdDySZxgqIFVgFeMQKLBqrrWXAONwOZl6zS3n-HiiLzS92kdmllbsM0GOt1bYV6-4S-lOy0szaF7d0taIRZVJgs97lSyKfw5O9Vb3Dpp8LbTsIeGT6HxIwTCycWIsEdlIM4FWfNwTZYIrmmJcWoYQxkCfFcwdP4xd9KgcDQuMUXQjPPFJv0jUp5ZoQ7wn2v5ptjMBQ=w238-h353-no

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011KPRE1G/

There's no reason they would not allow these. It's not the same thing as an extension cord or a multi-outlet plug, which allows you to plug multiple electrical devices into one outlet (those are a fire waiting to happen!). I've taken mine on multiple cruises without any problems. That way we can charge our phones and usually our bluetooth speaker and still have an open outlet for the wife's hair straightener