NCL's Hurricane Cruise update:

uneamie

I agree. NCL's reaction to this has been top-notch. There always seems like there's plenty to complain about (consistent with companies of similar scale), but in this case, they have put the needs of their customers first. Bravo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree. NCL's reaction to this has been top-notch. There always seems like there's plenty to complain about (consistent with companies of similar scale), but in this case, they have put the needs of their customers first. Bravo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed. They seem to be very pro-active about this, as well they should be. Personally, I'd love to jump on the Escape for a "cruise to nowhere" to avoid the storm - although I'm sure there will be some rough seas to contend with. My guess is they will head east out into the Atlantic, staying out until the storm clears Miami before returning as the storm moves up the Atlantic coast.

Wow, they are really stepping up......

Hurricane Irma

Update #2

September 5, 2017 2:00 PM

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. The company is closely monitoring Hurricane Irma, now a major category 5 hurricane, located just east of the Leeward Islands. The storm’s forecasted path includes a potential impact to South Florida this weekend.

Due to the current forecasted path of the storm, we will be making adjustments to the following cruises to ensure the safety of everyone on board:

• Norwegian Escape, Seven-Day Western Caribbean cruise departing September 2 from Miami: We will be amending the ship’s itinerary to a five-day cruise. Instead of calling in Costa Maya on Wednesday and Cozumel on Thursday, the ship will sail for Miami this evening, arriving in the afternoon on Thursday, September 7. Those guests who are residents of South Florida, who drove to PortMiami or who have travel plans already confirmed that will return them safely home by Friday afternoon may disembark the ship on Thursday if they wish to do so. For those guests who did not drive to PortMiami and are unable to secure a flight back home, we strongly encourage them to stay onboard the ship. Norwegian Escape will set sail from Miami on Thursday evening on a course away from the storm. While we are unable to confirm at this time when and where the ship will return to port, we welcome all guests to remain onboard to stay safe and secure. All guests will received a refund for the missed days of their cruise, along with a 25% future cruise credit of the cruise fare paid towards a future sailing on Norwegian. Guests who need to make changes to any flights will be reimbursed for any change fees up to $300 per person.

• Norwegian Sky, Four-Day Cuba Cruise departing September 4 from Miami: We will be amending the ship’s itinerary to a three-day cruise. Instead of calling in Great Stirrup Cay on Thursday, the ship will sail for Miami following her departure from Havana tomorrow, arriving in the morning on Thursday, September 7. All guests will receive a refund for the missed day of their cruise, along with a 25% future cruise credit of the cruise fare paid towards a future sailing on Norwegian. Guests who need to make changes to any flights will be reimbursed for any change fees up to $300 per person

• Norwegian Sky, September 8 from Miami: The ship’s three-day Bahamas cruise has been cancelled. We will be providing a full refund to all guests, plus a 50% future cruise credit.

• Norwegian Escape, September 9 from Miami: The ship’s seven-day Eastern Caribbean Cruise has been cancelled. We will be providing a full refund to all guests, plus a 50% future cruise credit.

All other cruises are currently sailing as scheduled. We continue to monitor the storm’s projected path and will provide any updates as quickly as they are available.

We truly appreciate our guests understanding during these unforeseen itinerary changes and apologize for any inconvenience these unexpected, but necessary, changes may cause our guests. Any further updates will be communicated to guests and posted on our social media channels, and www.ncl.com under the Weather Alert.

DO THE RIGHT THING NCL!!! Cancel the Sept 11 cruise to Cuba! Having NO UPDATES on this cruise and expecting to be at the Miami port Monday morning is crazy. There will be no way to travel to Miami to get there even if the damn ship can sail. Quit your greed!

DO THE RIGHT THING NCL!!! Cancel the Sept 11 cruise to Cuba! Having NO UPDATES on this cruise and expecting to be at the Miami port Monday morning is crazy. There will be no way to travel to Miami to get there even if the damn ship can sail. Quit your greed!

they should be another update today or tomorrow. right now it is a bit too early to what will happen as the storm moves across the ocean.

I am scheduled to sail the Carnival Vista Saturday, which seems to be the only cruise that has yet to be cancelled... I know it's a long shot, but holding out hope. It's great that NCL is giving refunds above and beyond the price paid, while I assume Carnival will refund the exact dollar amount.

If I do end up getting cancelled, I will most likely use my refund to book a sailing on the Escape for the near future. All of the Vista 8 days are running for ridiculous amounts right now.

Daaaamnnn.....i feel sorry for everyone who will be not able to cruise:( hope this huricane nasty weather will be over with very soon. Booked on the Escape for 14.OCT

Sent from my SM-G903F using Forums mobile app

Us too.....although we have missed a couple of ports throughout over 35 years of cruising...so cannot complain! Only hope that the areas affected by this storm and those to come are ones that they can easily recover from. We are doing a B2B....so will certainly visit most if not all of the original ports.....but of course the two that I LOVE most of all are the ones that seem to be the most affected.....but this is small compared to those that live in these areas that have suffered so much lately due to hurricane issues....

Just happy NOT to be booked this week.....but it does all work out....

So this is a post from someone in st Thomas usvi today. Mostly describes the hotel up on the mountain you see with the red roof tops when your sailing in

This is a post from Jr Goldsmith:

So to give you all some insight St Thomas is completely devastated! The Castle was hit extremely hard! Roof is off Hilltop 1, and Villas, as well as one building in PP. other buildings roofs that are not off are in very bad shape. 245 plus sliders have been blown out, and pretty much every unit has taken in massive water in every building. The ceiling in the lobby is down for the most part. As I have heard up to this post everyone survived so that's all that matters, we can always re build, but it will take quite sometime! What people did not realize in a storm like this that hurricane shutters are great but if there wasn't and windows cracked open just a little but to get cross ventilation through the pressure was so massive it was like an explosion. Walls and ceilings are cracked and crumbled, the damage is massive at the castle to say the least. French town is gone, buildings and is under water, as well as the airport under water. The Hospital top two floors all windows blown out and roof is off. Storm surge is at 12 feet and rising, it is floor blocks past Main Street at this time of the post. There has been over a foot of water dumped, and half a foot more to fall over night. They are still receiving 75 mph gusts at this time. Please keep praying as this storm makes Hugo and Marilyn look like bad thunderstorm!

So this is a post from someone in st Thomas usvi today. Mostly describes the hotel up on the mountain you see with the red roof tops when your sailing in

This is a post from Jr Goldsmith:

So to give you all some insight St Thomas is completely devastated! The Castle was hit extremely hard! Roof is off Hilltop 1, and Villas, as well as one building in PP. other buildings roofs that are not off are in very bad shape. 245 plus sliders have been blown out, and pretty much every unit has taken in massive water in every building. The ceiling in the lobby is down for the most part. As I have heard up to this post everyone survived so that's all that matters, we can always re build, but it will take quite sometime! What people did not realize in a storm like this that hurricane shutters are great but if there wasn't and windows cracked open just a little but to get cross ventilation through the pressure was so massive it was like an explosion. Walls and ceilings are cracked and crumbled, the damage is massive at the castle to say the least. French town is gone, buildings and is under water, as well as the airport under water. The Hospital top two floors all windows blown out and roof is off. Storm surge is at 12 feet and rising, it is floor blocks past Main Street at this time of the post. There has been over a foot of water dumped, and half a foot more to fall over night. They are still receiving 75 mph gusts at this time. Please keep praying as this storm makes Hugo and Marilyn look like bad thunderstorm!

So so sad, it must have been terrifying for those going through it. Prayers are with everyone affected.

Just got off the phone with them. Cruise to Cuba on 9/11 has not been canceled.

Thank you! It blows my mind people are impressed with NCL now. With flights into Florida cancelled and hotels being closed, I guess their greed is really showing. They probably can sail safely Monday, but customers can't get to the ship. Their employees will be safe and they will not have to issue refunds. SHAME ON NCL!

A friend is boarding a 4 day CCL Cuba cruise out of Tampa in 2 hours, scheduled to arrive in Cuba Saturday morning (hello Irma). They're still being told that they're going to Cuba. I understand them not making announcements several days before, waiting to see how a storm tracks, but there seems to be no question that Cuba will not be receiving ships on Saturday.

It not only makes them look inconsiderate, it makes them look STUPID.

Certainly CCL knows they're not going to Cuba on Saturday. What is the purpose of not being straight with their customers ? Seriously, does anyone know ? (I mean cruise lines in general, not just CCL)

A friend is boarding a 4 day CCL Cuba cruise out of Tampa in 2 hours, scheduled to arrive in Cuba Saturday morning (hello Irma). They're still being told that they're going to Cuba. I understand them not making announcements several days before, waiting to see how a storm tracks, but there seems to be no question that Cuba will not be receiving ships on Saturday.

It not only makes them look inconsiderate, it makes them look STUPID.

Certainly CCL knows they're not going to Cuba on Saturday. What is the purpose of not being straight with their customers? Seriously, does anyone know ? (I mean cruise lines in general, not just CCL)

NCL has canceled and redirected several cruises this week due to the hurricane. They have offered total refunds including a 50% credit for a future cruise. It seems to me that they are doing quite a bit for their customers at this point. I'd say that they know more about what they can and cannot do them we do. Perhaps a wait and see approach is what is needed right now.