Inside cabins

elfinmagic

This is a Princess thing and they have been doing it for years and years but was threatening to discontinue it a couple of years ago. This was met with quite a bit of opposition so they left it in place. It only will list your first and last name with Mr, Mrs, Master, Ms, etc. and have the color of your captain's club status on them (eg: blue, gold, black, etc). They are removable if you don't like having them there in the hallway... we see very few people that have a problem with it, though as they are obviously removable.

interesting.was it done this way 'in the good ole days' as well or something other lines do as well?

what were some reasons people wanted it to stay?

The same when table mates start talking about how many cruises they have and I never see them at the most traveled??

I thought you always got tables for 2? I'm pretty sure you told us that in another thread.

Or, is it Mrs. Elf who is busting your **** over having an inside cabin?

see your post 47

'Touché'! I couldn't make up an exchange like that - I don't have the creative writing skills! It was an episode that I will treasure for the rest of my days - I loved being part of it. I refused to take it as a 'put-down', and if these episodes start (known in UK slang parlance as 'playing silly buggers' - I'm proud of never having started a game, but equally proud of never refusing an invitation to participate), I just revert to child and begin to misbehave - it rapidly assumes the appearance of 'Whose Line is it Anyway'. Most of the time, the episode ends in a jolly good laugh - but occasionally, they can go awry. That's when a sense of decency gets the better of me and I apologise if the other party hasn't seen the fun being poked. I used to think that I would grow up one day - I've reached the age where I think it's too late! 'A day without laughter is a day lost' ...(also applies to chocolate!).

I thought you always got tables for 2? I'm pretty sure you told us that in another thread.

Or, is it Mrs. Elf who is busting your **** over having an inside cabin?

We do now - in March we started to get a 2 table - before that we did tables of 8 ever since ATD started. And please try to be a little bit nice in your posts. We now get a table for two way in back early away from crowds since my wife was diagnosed with Leukemia. Now please leave your nasty in your pocket

Now please leave your nasty in your pocket

Why? You're not particularly nice to posters here.

Anyone who has the audacity to disagree with you, you quickly call a troll.

You were very rude to mr. floridacruiser in a previous exchange.

So, if you now get only tables for 2, why start this discussion?

It should never be an issue for you...

It gets to be unnerving having to sit through a two hour dinner listening to someone dominating the conversation with his/her importance

Good point - but I don't think I can recall a conversation (or monologue ...) where I haven't been given the opportunity to learn something from the other person. Sometimes - as in the example you cite - it is difficult to maintain the concentration but people really are fascinating! One of our dinner companions on a cruise to Canada last year was a devotee of puns (as am I) - and he produced some wonderful examples! When he realised that I shared the interest, he would begin to speak and then pause - 'Wait for it, Stephen ...' and deliver the pun. It did become a keenly anticipated routine for the entire table. Our next cruise is 29th October - who knows what delights will surface? :D

Why? You're not particularly nice to posters here.

Anyone who has the audacity to disagree with you, you quickly call a troll.

You were very rude to mr. floridacruiser in a previous exchange.

So, if you now get only tables for 2, why start this discussion?

It should never be an issue for you...

Please read the original post - thank you

I will admit that I enjoy my balcony!!!!!

We do more than sleep in our cabin.

Loved our larger Caribe balcony (back when it actually had a real table on it....) Set that table up with a vinyl lined tablecloth that wouldn't blow... Set the whole table up nicely. And enjoyed a lot of time out there.

Did book an OV for Alaska... Went in May, it was chilly!!!!! Booked one of the better OV cabins with a higher ceiling and a huge picture window.

I would be just so claustrophobic.... I always told my DH, "I will look for the cheapest rates and the cheapest balcony or nice OV... But I just can't sail in a closet."

I will admit that I enjoy my balcony!!!!!

We do more than sleep in our cabin.

Loved our larger Caribe balcony (back when it actually had a real table on it....) Set that table up with a vinyl lined tablecloth that wouldn't blow... Set the whole table up nicely. And enjoyed a lot of time out there.

Did book an OV for Alaska... Went in May, it was chilly!!!!! Booked one of the better OV cabins with a higher ceiling and a huge picture window.

I would be just so claustrophobic.... I always told my DH, "I will look for the cheapest rates and the cheapest balcony or nice OV... But I just can't sail in a closet."[/

The inside rooms we get are not a closet - actually they are larger than the balcony cabins.

I would be just so claustrophobic.... I always told my DH, "I will look for the cheapest rates and the cheapest balcony or nice OV... But I just can't sail in a closet."

We received a free upgrade on our 29 nights cruise from Scotland to Canada in September 2016 ... The vessel was 52 years old, originally designed for ice-breaking duties and was shaped/designed to roll like a log in the really big seas. Our inside cabin was situated just inside the bow door, at the point at which the prow deck begins to slope upwards ... Never walked uphill to reach a cabin - and when the Atlantic Swell reached its peak 1 night, it was like sleeping in a roller coaster! All we could do was laugh as the bottom of the bed disappeared and 1/2 second later gravity reconnected us! One of the more interesting experiences! But I would become bored if things went swimmingly - the little faux pas (animate and inanimate - mainly cabins!) are what give the strongest memories of a cruise:D 'Do you remember when ...' - always smile before finishing the setting of the question!

We received a free upgrade on our 29 nights cruise from Scotland to Canada in September 2016 ... The vessel was 52 years old, originally designed for ice-breaking duties and was shaped/designed to roll like a log in the really big seas. Our inside cabin was situated just inside the bow door, at the point at which the prow deck begins to slope upwards ... Never walked uphill to reach a cabin - and when the Atlantic Swell reached its peak 1 night, it was like sleeping in a roller coaster! All we could do was laugh as the bottom of the bed disappeared and 1/2 second later gravity reconnected us! One of the more interesting experiences! But I would become bored if things went swimmingly - the little faux pas (animate and inanimate - mainly cabins!) are what give the strongest memories of a cruise:D 'Do you remember when ...' - always smile before finishing the setting of the question!

I have a feeling I was on that same ship on an ill fated cruise when there was a fatality on board. We had an inside cabin right at the bottom of the ship near the propellor. When we got caught in a force 12 gale it was a pretty scary experience at the time but it's a story to tell the grandchildren. Being low down in the ship had some stability advantages but had it gone over, and it could have done as it had to turn around to facilitate an emergency evacuation by helicopter, our chances of survival were very poor. The noise from the propellors when they came out of the water, which it did on every gigantic wave, had the ship groaning and creaking under the strain. Everyone was confined to their cabins and those of us down in the depths did an Irish jig when we were able to stand up whilst those in the upper decks no doubt just eyed the lifeboats and claimed their right to be on them first as they had paid more for their cruise.

I have a feeling I was on that same ship on an ill fated cruise when there was a fatality on board. We had an inside cabin right at the bottom of the ship near the propellor. When we got caught in a force 12 gale it was a pretty scary experience at the time but it's a story to tell the grandchildren. Being low down in the ship had some stability advantages but had it gone over, and it could have done as it had to turn around to facilitate an emergency evacuation by helicopter, our chances of survival were very poor. The noise from the propellors when they came out of the water, which it did on every gigantic wave, had the ship groaning and creaking under the strain. Everyone was confined to their cabins and those of us down in the depths did an Irish jig when we were able to stand up whilst those in the upper decks no doubt just eyed the lifeboats and claimed their right to be on them first as they had paid more for their cruise.

I had read about that voyage, Dave. Our problems were quite minor in comparison. And, to be fair, she was built to roll with the waves, so in that sense, she behaved impeccably. She wasn't, as far as I am aware, originally built as a cruise liner! There was a concerted drive to get passengers to buy a special brand of honey (whose brother-in-law owned the hives?) and jars of the stuff were everywhere! Mid-Atlantic, on the return journey in really spectacular swells, we were at breakfast opposite one of the storage cupboards - I had been watching for the really big swells - saw it appear and watched for the impact - cupboard swung open - and all these jars of honey popped out like thsoe old connected soldiers that used to 'march' down slopes in-line! There were jars everywhere! Overall, it was still our best cruise to date (though being our first visit to Canada scored a lot of points!).

I'm cheap. Our first cruise was inside and I enjoyed the heck out of it. I was just SO happy to be on a cruise that the room didn't matter, still doesn't.

Yeah, we've been in WS regularly, why? Because they are cheaper for 4 of us than 2 insides and the bathroom is to die for!

I am still thrilled to be able to go on a cruise and I'd sleep in a crew members closet if that's all that was available.

We had the good fortune to be perked a Suite for 21 days and really enjoyed it, all the perks and so on. Then we went back to our good old Inside for the next 21 and were just as happy. We were cruising!!!!! We are off again in a month for 29 days, still in our Inside cabin as we were for 12 and 17 days in our winter. We prefer more cruising rather than paying more for other than an Inside.

We do now - in March we started to get a 2 table - before that we did tables of 8 ever since ATD started. And please try to be a little bit nice in your posts. We now get a table for two way in back early away from crowds since my wife was diagnosed with Leukemia. Now please leave your nasty in your pocket

What does having Leukemia have to do with getting a table away from any crowd?:confused:

I'm cheap. Our first cruise was inside and I enjoyed the heck out of it. I was just SO happy to be on a cruise that the room didn't matter, still doesn't.

Yeah, we've been in WS regularly, why? Because they are cheaper for 4 of us than 2 insides and the bathroom is to die for!

I am still thrilled to be able to go on a cruise and I'd sleep in a crew members closet if that's all that was available.

We're not cheap - we're cost conscious! Inside Cabins work for us and we are more than happy to then pay what some cruisers claim to be excessive charges for good quality excursions. Equally, if we are docked close to town, we will walk (and then buy a huge ice cream, convinced that we have burned the calories to avoid putting on weight ... Delusional or what?). We cruise on 3* ships and know what is on offer for quality etc. Key point - we enjoy each and every cruise we take - and that is the most important element. Always leave the ship feeling a little sad that it's over, but with a stupid grin on the face from the lovely memories. Once that stops, we'll find something else to do for holidays!

What does having Leukemia have to do with getting a table away from any crowd?:confused:

You seem to be an intelligent individual - look it up - better yet

a condition when there is a low number of white cells so that the immune system can't effectively guard against infection due to a lack of neutrophils (a type of white cell).

Edited by elfinmagic
content

But inside cabins work for us. I am not ashamed to admit it. If people can afford it, then good for them.

I'm not ashamed either. My husband and I have cruised in balcony cabins, ocean views, and even a mini-suite once. An inside is just fine, especially because it's cheaper and allows us to see more of the world.

In 2014, we cruised for 33 days in an inside cabin on Serenade of the Seas, on a B2B2B that stopped in 17 different ports (Rome, Crete, Mykonos, Kusadasi, Athens, Santorini, Katakolon, Livorno, Villefranche sur Mer, Mallorca, Valencia, Barcelona, Alicante, Malaga, Tenerife, St. Maarten, and New Orleans). We paid $5,200 for the three segments, drank for free in the Diamond Lounge every evening, and ate all of our meals in complimentary venues, so nearly five weeks of food, drink, lodging, entertainment, and transportation to amazing destinations cost us less than $95 per day per person, including gratuities.

That inside cabin in the bowels of the ship (deck 2!) allowed us to book private excursions and DIY experiences that would have been unaffordable had we paid for a higher-category cabin.

As you said, good for those who can afford balconies and suites. Some of us can't, at least not all of the time.