Hyatt Place 17th street convention center Ft Lauderdale

fla gang

That is such a shame :( Have stayed at this hotel many times before cruising and loved it. The staff are wonderful and so accommodating. I hope they had minimal damage and are able to recover as soon as possible

This ^^^^^ So sorry to hear...I would expect the same to be true with Embassy Suites...both of these hotels are favorites.

Just contacted Hyatt Place and they said that location is closed.

Just confirming, the 17th Street Convention Center and not the Hyatt Pier 66 location? I have been trying to get through to them but there has been only a recorded message. Today's message at noon today said that they would be open on the 13th and that they were closed from the 9th-12th.

I just called through and got someone from a call center and they said they "should" be open on the 14th.

EDIT: we are booked to stay there on the 29th but I am carefully watching in case I need to book another location.

This ^^^^^ So sorry to hear...I would expect the same to be true with Embassy Suites...both of these hotels are favorites.

I have a cruise booked in November and since our go to hotel Hyatt Place was fully booked for a boat show we booked at Embassy Suites. Glad to hear its one of your favorites too, as we have never stayed there before!

I checked the website for Hyatt Place and do see that it is true they are closed. I also checked the website for Embassy Suites and there was no notice of them being closed at the moment...has anyone heard anything?

I really wonder about the reliability of information that is provided. I called Hyatt Place this morning, however, they do "switch" you to another Number that I assume are fielding calls for them. I was told they would be Open today (I have a reservation for Friday night), however, if you go on their site, and try to Book a Room it's unavailable. It's possible I suppose that they are not taking New reservations, but I do question whether they are Open, will be Open and if not - when?

I just called through and got someone from a call center and they said they "should" be open on the 14th.

Edited by RCLFan
A&L_Ontario commented they were told the 14th, when I called mid morning (CDT), I was told Open today.

So I just called and they have now opened, but earlier today they were closed. I was just letting everyone know what Hyatt Place had told me earlier today.

Doyou now if Homewood Suites on Griffin Rd. is open...or if they are accepting guests who had reservations for this Fri or Sat.?

This was posted on the Hotel website :

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center operations have been impacted by Hurricane Irma’s recent passage through the area. The hotel is currently closed and not accepting reservations until further notice. Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center will waive all cancellation charges and refund all deposits for stays during this period, and will work with each traveler to make future arrangements. Guests with upcoming reservations should call 1-800-323-7249 as storms have affected hotel communications.

I called their phone again today and it continues to say that they should be open September 13th, but I have yet to get an actual person on the phone there. The individual at the call center said that they would be open today. Still waiting to see which it is and will update when I have more info.

The message on their website has been there since at least Sunday and contradicts what their answering service and call center is stating.

I called their phone again today and it continues to say that they should be open September 13th, but I have yet to get an actual person on the phone there. The individual at the call center said that they would be open today. Still waiting to see which it is and will update when I have more info.

The message on their website has been there since at least Sunday and contradicts what their answering service and call center is stating.

I just called (9:08 a.m. CDT) the Hotel directly, and spoke to a young lady on-Site, and she confirmed they are Open, in fact she said they did open yesterday. She also let me know that the Pool would not be Open, but gave no indication that other Services were limited.

I just called (9:08 a.m. CDT) the Hotel directly, and spoke to a young lady on-Site, and she confirmed they are Open, in fact she said they did open yesterday. She also let me know that the Pool would not be Open, but gave no indication that other Services were limited.

Thanks RCL fan! It is nice to know, and greatly appreciated.