Children in DL

jor3334

So if I understand the policy, if he never cruises again until he is an adult, the first cruise he takes ( in reality his second) he will be Diamond status- the same as people who have the required points thru multiple cruises.

So if I understand the policy, if he never cruises again until he is an adult, the first cruise he takes ( in reality his second) he will be Diamond status- the same as people who have the required points thru multiple cruises.

That's my understanding as well. AS LONG AS you sign him up for his own C&A number after this upcoming cruise. He'll be a Diamond with however many points he earned, will stay Diamond until he piles up enough points to reach the level beyond on his own points, though. So it's not like he gets a free ride to the NEXT level. Only 168 (or whatever) points to go, when most other Diamonds have fewer than 95 to earn.

I've been told that his status based on your status lasts only until he is 18--or maybe 21. He does, however, keep any points accumulated in his own name. If he cruises 100 nights under his own name with you, he will have 100 points forever and the status that goes with it. If he cruises 7 nights with you, he will have Diamond status until he is of age, and the 7 points will remain with him always.

Don't know if that is correct or not, but that's what some Diamond parents told us.

I've been told that his status based on your status lasts only until he is 18--or maybe 21. He does, however, keep any points accumulated in his own name. If he cruises 100 nights under his own name with you, he will have 100 points forever and the status that goes with it. If he cruises 7 nights with you, he will have Diamond status until he is of age, and the 7 points will remain with him always.

Don't know if that is correct or not, but that's what some Diamond parents told us.

The C&A level stays at whatever level the parents are at when the child turns 18. So the child could be Diamond Plus with 3 points.

Which is why the lounges are so crowded. Why individuals don't have to earn their own way is beyond me.

I got mine by a combination of cruise credits (old system) and by nights (new system). I never stopped to do the math to see if the conversion helped or hurt me along the way, though there were some 9 nighters in there so I may have gotten shorted a couple of points during the conversion process. My wife got it after her first cruise with me; my son got his because of us.

Anyways, Royal's policy is to allow them both into the DL. See you there.

What about guests in your cabin that are not part of your immediate family? Do they earn your status as well?

The only people that can be "linked" to share C&A level are children under age 18 and one "significant other", all of whom must have the same residence address.

The only people that can be "linked" to share C&A level are children under age 18 and one "significant other", all of whom must have the same residence address.

Though you can change the "significant other" at any time and the old SO keeps the status.