Premier Beverage Package

Colo Cruiser

I think you stopped reading too soon......unfortunately.... :o

Post #54:

I got just the opposite information from my Princess rep - she stated that all packages paid for or under sip and sail regardless of when it was ordered (we have a December cruise this year from the 2016 sip and sail) would revert to the terms and conditions of the new program

I also booked with Sip N Sail in 2016....but I believe what Post #54 states....can't imagine how Princess staff would keep track of 2 different versions.....

Everyone will have the new one... :(

Interesting...well at least for a short moment there was a glimmer......

But it does say 2017...why bother to print that.

I can't imagine how they are going to keep track of 15 drinks from 6am to 6am.......not that I'll be drinking that many but just curious.

On 2 recent sailings with the AIPB it was directly on my card no sticker...and at the beginning of the sailings I got asked by more than one bartender if I had the AIBP and wondered why.

...I mean if they just slide my card should it not it come up....?

Also on both sailings I was charged for drinks.....that had to be removed...if my card was slid or correct number used why the mix ups?

2 versions could work ......couldn't they just give different folio numbers for the packages purchased before the 2017 promo?

Edited by land lover

I think you stopped reading too soon......unfortunately.... :o

Post #54:

I got just the opposite information from my Princess rep - she stated that all packages paid for or under sip and sail regardless of when it was ordered (we have a December cruise this year from the 2016 sip and sail) would revert to the terms and conditions of the new program

I also booked with Sip N Sail in 2016....but I believe what Post #54 states....can't imagine how Princess staff would keep track of 2 different versions.....

Everyone will have the new one... :(

Interesting...well at least for a short moment there was a glimmer......

But it does say 2017...why bother to print that.

I can't imagine how they are going to keep track of 15 drinks from 6am to 6am.......not that I'll be drinking that many but just curious.

On 2 recent sailings with the AIPB it was directly on my card no sticker...and at the beginning of the sailings I got asked by more than one bartender if I had the AIBP and wondered why.

...I mean if they just slide my card should it not it come up....?

Also on both sailings I was charged for drinks.....that had to be removed...if my card was slid or correct number used why the mix ups?

2 versions could work ......couldn't they just give different folio numbers for the packages purchased before the 2017 promo?

I booked my next two cruises under the 2016 Sip & Sail also. However, I would not want them to keep me under the old rules. I understand Princess has raised the prices of several drinks, and many drinks that were $10 or close to it will now be over $10 but less than $12. If I had the package with the old rules but with the new drink prices, then many of my favorite drinks would not be covered anymore. If they had raised the drink prices - moving many drinks from $10 or less to more than $10 - without changing the rules, then many of us would be complaining about that.

I assume that there are soda options that are only available in cans. IMO it is odd to have a Premium drink prices that restricts certain soda options and large bottles of water. If Princess does not have the soda available in the fountain than they should at least open a can and pour it.

I have found the drink prices on Princess to be lower than most cruise lines. As mentioned above it would appear that Princes is moving more in the direction of Celebrity with higher prices for drinks and the drink packages.

I like to drink Fanta, as I often don't want the caffeine from Coke, and prefer the orange flavor to the lemon-lime of Sprite. AFAIK, Fanta is only available from cans. Ginger ale may also only be in cans; I'm not sure. I am TICKED that my Fanta is gone on my S&S next December.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

I like to drink Fanta, as I often don't want the caffeine from Coke, and prefer the orange flavor to the lemon-lime of Sprite. AFAIK, Fanta is only available from cans. Ginger ale may also only be in cans; I'm not sure. I am TICKED that my Fanta is gone on my S&S next December.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Forums mobile app

Not good news, but I thank you for sharing.

Just checked my October 8th cruise. The beverage package is gone. Not only is it missing from the "Onboard Reservations" tab but also via the other method where you could still find the package from the "Booking Summary" tab. Nope, nope, nope. Not there at all. I can still see that I have it as a perk but there is nowhere to purchase it.

Just checked my October 8th cruise. The beverage package is gone. Not only is it missing from the "Onboard Reservations" tab but also via the other method where you could still find the package from the "Booking Summary" tab. Nope, nope, nope. Not there at all. I can still see that I have it as a perk but there is nowhere to purchase it.

Still on our cruise for next week. It's in the regular place and not in the booking tab area.

I wouldn't worry about it. They are probably still updating.

Maybe because you already have it on your booking.

I've got a related issue with our Spring/Summer B2B2B next year.

First segment I purchased the package early based on Cruise Critic information (thanks y'all) and the package still shows in On Board Reservations.

Second segment was booked under S-n-S and it used to show but it's gone just like yours. I've sent a note to my TA (his invoice shows the package) and he should be working on correcting it. So far I haven't heard anything back.

On the third segment, also booked under S-n-S, under On Board Reservations the package still shows up. However under the Travel Summary it does not. I never checked the Travel Summary before so I don't know if it was there.

EDIT: Re-read Thrak's post. He's talking about being able to purchase the new package. When he said "gone" I thought his S-n-S package had disappeared. Regardless, it's not the same issue but ... CC members who have S-n-S bookings should check to see they are still there. One of mine is not.

I booked my next two cruises under the 2016 Sip & Sail also. However, I would not want them to keep me under the old rules. I understand Princess has raised the prices of several drinks, and many drinks that were $10 or close to it will now be over $10 but less than $12. If I had the package with the old rules but with the new drink prices, then many of my favorite drinks would not be covered anymore. If they had raised the drink prices - moving many drinks from $10 or less to more than $10 - without changing the rules, then many of us would be complaining about that.

And my feeling would be that it would go up to the 12.00 amount....see I want it both ways:D

I am really not that worried about it, it is what it is......People will be reporting back B4 my cruise in November so we will all get the low down.

I've got a related issue with our Spring/Summer B2B2B next year.

First segment I purchased the package early based on Cruise Critic information (thanks y'all) and the package still shows in On Board Reservations.

Second segment was booked under S-n-S and it used to show but it's gone just like yours. I've sent a note to my TA (his invoice shows the package) and he should be working on correcting it. So far I haven't heard anything back.

On the third segment, also booked under S-n-S, under On Board Reservations the package still shows up. However under the Travel Summary it does not. I never checked the Travel Summary before so I don't know if it was there.

EDIT: Re-read Thrak's post. He's talking about being able to purchase the new package. When he said "gone" I thought his S-n-S package had disappeared. Regardless, it's not the same issue but ... CC members who have S-n-S bookings should check to see they are still there. One of mine is not.

Last year I had a s&s on an Oct. and then a June cruise this year. They would come and go, on my booking summaries...never worried about it until closer to sailing, seemed after prior and after final payment they stayed in place.

BTW I also pre-paid a photo package on the June cruise and same situation, sometimes it was there sometimes it was not.

Cruise line knows when you booked.....and will have a receipt of pre-payment..I never have experienced or heard of anyone missing a promo or something they prepaid that was not reinstated.

Last year I had a s&s on an Oct. and then a June cruise this year. They would come and go, on my booking summaries...never worried about it until closer to sailing, seemed after prior and after final payment they stayed in place.

BTW I also pre-paid a photo package on the June cruise and same situation, sometimes it was there sometimes it was not.

Cruise line knows when you booked.....and will have a receipt of pre-payment..I never have experienced or heard of anyone missing a promo or something they prepaid that was not reinstated.

That's good to know, thanks for the information.

The crack Princess IT staff is at it again. Or is it the Princess IT staff on crack is at it again? :evilsmile:

That's good to know, thanks for the information.

The crack Princess IT staff is at it again. Or is it the Princess IT staff on crack is at it again? :evilsmile:

:D:D

Just to make you feel better Royal Caribbean is worst. I've have done a number of cruises in the last few years simply because I thought they would be easier than land trip planning....not so.....

I have just let things go...until close to final payment otherwise. I will drive myself crazy. However, if I am making a cabin change or looking for a price drop then I make sure all is in order at that time.

Enjoy....

I just had a look and the premium beverage package has disappeared from my cruise personalizer . Has this happened to anyone else.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, it has also disappeared from our cruise personalizer. It was there last week.

I just had a look and the premium beverage package has disappeared from my cruise personalizer . Has this happened to anyone else.

I had it disappear on one booking. I received it under the S-n-S promo. On Board Reservations originally showed it and poof, gone the first day the Premier package was announced. Two other bookings still showed the package, one S-n-S and the other paid.

Sent a note to my TA and within two days it's back but now being call Premier. The other two bookings still show AIBP terminology.

I checked several cruises I booked under Sip & Sail - both last year's promotion and this year's promotion. All of them had "All-inclusive Beverage Promotion" listed as a "Complimentary Gfit" under RESERVATIONS & PURCHASES and all of them had "Premier Beverage Package" available for sale under BEVERAGE PACKAGES.

.For those who've always said Princess is making money hand over fist with the AIBP, should we reassess? I don't think they would have piled on such a huge increase (isn't this somewhere around 15%? I'm too old and tired to do math) if things were peachy.

Jim

Things were peachy for Princess... now, they're even 'peachier'.

P.S. I predicted the limitation of the number of drinks per day with the (then) AIBP when the Ocean Medallion programme was announced. It's come to pass.

They already keep track of drinks per day on Carnival, Cheers! package. So, there is a known process for them to follow on Princess.

It won't be that difficult, computers.

We have counted our beverage consumption on cruises, and it's not 15 per day. However, the price of the package equates to about 5-6 drinks per day. So, it's up to people to decide if it's worth it to pay as you go along, or do the Premium beverage package. In the past we've gotten the package because we want to prepay for all expenses and treat our cruises as all inclusive. Not sure we will under the new package, but only time will tell.

They already keep track of drinks per day on Carnival, Cheers! package. So, there is a known process for them to follow on Princess.

It won't be that difficult, computers.

We have counted our beverage consumption on cruises, and it's not 15 per day. However, the price of the package equates to about 5-6 drinks per day. So, it's up to people to decide if it's worth it to pay as you go along, or do the Premium beverage package. In the past we've gotten the package because we want to prepay for all expenses and treat our cruises as all inclusive. Not sure we will under the new package, but only time will tell.

If $68.99 equates to 5-6 drinks a day I think I'll be going tea total.... except that the tea is probably a stupidly expensive price too!

If $68.99 equates to 5-6 drinks a day I think I'll be going tea total.... except that the tea is probably a stupidly expensive price too!

It is crazy to think 5-6 martinis or wine glasses get you to $68.99, but they do. Beer is cheaper so if you are a beer drinker you can get more in. However, a Budweiser on the Emerald this month cost $7.19 (that includes tip).

I don’t know how much tea is, guessing $3? There are many posts showing the International Cafe coffee offerings. It’s probably $2.xx and if the add tip, $3.xx??? Maybe a tea drinker can comment on that [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We tried to compare getting the package (it was less expensive last year) with paying separate charges per drink and it came out pretty even. Where we made up the difference by having additional drinks on sea days was by spending time on shore for 4 of the days. Then, we normally had just a few drinks...a martini or two before dinner, bottle of wine at dinner, and a nightcap later. By bringing our own wine and paying the corkage fee, it makes the deal even less attractive. The other part we factored in was both persons in the stateroom have to purchase the package and my wife drinks much less than I.