Premier Beverage Package

Colo Cruiser

We tried to compare getting the package (it was less expensive last year) with paying separate charges per drink and it came out pretty even. Where we made up the difference by having additional drinks on sea days was by spending time on shore for 4 of the days. Then, we normally had just a few drinks...a martini or two before dinner, bottle of wine at dinner, and a nightcap later. By bringing our own wine and paying the corkage fee, it makes the deal even less attractive. The other part we factored in was both persons in the stateroom have to purchase the package and my wife drinks much less than I.

There is no requirement that both persons in the stateroom have to purchase the package. The restriction is you may not share the package but one person can have it and the other may just pay per drink

You may be thinking of Carnival

There is no requirement that both persons in the stateroom have to purchase the package. The restriction is you may not share the package but one person can have it and the other may just pay per drink

You may be thinking of Carnival

Is that new with the Premium Package? I have never been on Carnival, but I feel sure that last time we cruised on Princess (December 2015) it was all persons in the stateroom had to purchase the package. That changes my entire thought process...thanks for the info!!

Is that new with the Premium Package? I have never been on Carnival, but I feel sure that last time we cruised on Princess (December 2015) it was all persons in the stateroom had to purchase the package. That changes my entire thought process...thanks for the info!!

When Princess first rolled out the package they required all to have it but that was changed very soon after.

]Is that new with the Premium Package?[/color] I have never been on Carnival' date=' but I feel sure that last time we cruised on Princess (December 2015) it was all persons in the stateroom had to purchase the package. That changes my entire thought process...thanks for the info!![/quote']

It is definitely not new and has been the policy since shortly after introduction of the AIBP.

Myself and my wife have booked our last 3 long trips under the "sip and sail" promotions - did a 15 day Panama in 2015, leaving Dec 5th on a 17 day transatlantic and have a 20 day Caribbean scheduled for November of next year with the promo. Before the sip and sail promo came along yes we did buy it - It is easy for myself at least to have 8 - 10 drinks a day and waters and lattes and the package pays for itself. For those you only have say a few drinks a day then they are probably better just paying as you go. The only change they made that ticked me off was taking away the 40% discount on bottles of wine and giving a 25% discount. That does make a difference to me

• 2 months later...
We tried to compare getting the package (it was less expensive last year) with paying separate charges per drink and it came out pretty even. Where we made up the difference by having additional drinks on sea days was by spending time on shore for 4 of the days. Then, we normally had just a few drinks...a martini or two before dinner, bottle of wine at dinner, and a nightcap later. By bringing our own wine and paying the corkage fee, it makes the deal even less attractive. The other part we factored in was both persons in the stateroom have to purchase the package and my wife drinks much less than I.

Going on our first cruise next Feb (Majestic Asia) and trying to decide the same thing - whether to get the package or not. Prob is that I can't find any recent price lists - does anyone have them please? Otherwise it would seem a possible option to just buy myself and pay for the wife's drinks as is. How easy is it to have 15 drinks per day anyway? Seems a little excessive to me. Thanks for any replies ;-)

Going on our first cruise next Feb (Majestic Asia) and trying to decide the same thing - whether to get the package or not. Prob is that I can't find any recent price lists - does anyone have them please? Otherwise it would seem a possible option to just buy myself and pay for the wife's drinks as is. How easy is it to have 15 drinks per day anyway? Seems a little excessive to me. Thanks for any replies ;-)

The following thread provides a spreadsheet with drink prices and helps in deciding if the drink package is for you. The drink limit is 15 but that does not mean you have to drink 15 drinks per day. The wine I like is $12/glass and I drink several San Pellegrinos each day. So the drink package is definitely worth it for me. I prepay so when I'm on board I don't have to worry about what my bar tab will be. It is all taken care of!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2546180

RE: Princess beverage package.....we booked 18 cabins...36 guests....way back in the summer, 2017 for a January 2018 cruse....the Princess agent told us...verbally and in writing...that since we had 8 cabins or more --- a small discount would apply....Additionally...since we had more that 15 paid cabins....all members would receive the free drink package..................just this week...with less than 40 days until Crown Princess cruise...Princess said...they changed their mind...no free drink package for any of us!!!!! Anyone else encounter this deceptive practice???? We are working with our group and Princess to try and resolve...but if unresolved....trouble ahead !

With most cocktails costing around the $9-10 mark it's easy to justify that buying the drinks package is good value but it depends on your idea of good value. Spending $1300 on drink on a 14 night cruise is more than I want to pay so we settled for a couple of alcoholic drinks before dinner and a bottle of the cheapest wine on offer with dinner. Standard issue coffee and water was fine, the free lemonade excellent.

If the prices had been more reasonable I would have drunk a lot more but they forced me to lead a healthier life style.

$6.75 is bad enough for a can of beer but to charge 15% service on top and they don't even open the can for you is outrageous!

So far I have only had the now PBP through a S'n'S sale but the next cruise I will have to consider buying it. I certainly took advantage of the package in my last several cruises and as a result drank more than I normally do or even should. So now it is down to decision time. As already pointed out not buying the package is the more healthy thing to do but I am on a cruise. Decisions, decisions, decisions :)

If your wife primarily drinks wine, you can purchase her wine by the bottle at the PBP discount and drink glasses of wine (included) yourself. Although you aren't allowed to share the included drinks, it is completely OK to share the discounted wine by the bottle (and you don't even have to drink any of it yourself if you are happy with the included wine by the glass selections).

Just changed/added to our booking for next week.

Premier Beverage Package $68.99 per person, per day

Enjoy a wide range of drinks for $59.99 per day plus a 15% gratuity. The Premier Beverage Package includes any individual beverage item such as fountain soda, bottled water, cocktails, spirits, wine by the glass, beers, coffee and tea, up to $12 (retail value). A 25% discount is also offered on all bottles of wine when purchased in bars, dining room or specialty restaurants.

Just got off Star Princess and had the ultimate bev package. Bottle water was removed from the package. One liter cost 9.20, 1/2 liter is 4.60.

Bottles of wine discount was reduced from 40% to 25%. The cost is $68.90 witch includes the 15% grats. Also you are limited to 15 alcholic drinks per day, and if the bartender thinks your drink they will shut you off.

That being said, if you drink 5 to 6 alcholic drinks per day, it is a good deal.

Just got off Star Princess and had the ultimate bev package. Bottle water was removed from the package. One liter cost 9.20, 1/2 liter is 4.60.

Bottles of wine discount was reduced from 40% to 25%. The cost is $68.90 witch includes the 15% grats. Also you are limited to 15 alcholic drinks per day, and if the bartender thinks your drink they will shut you off.

That being said, if you drink 5 to 6 alcholic drinks per day, it is a good deal.

The small bottles of water are still included, as well as the small San Pellegrino bottles.