Premier Beverage Package

Colo Cruiser

They raised the included drink price to $12. Don't you see? From a made up Princess talking points marketing memo: They did this as a benefit to you! You now can get more expensive drinks! You should be thanking Princess. This change is all about benefiting you! Pay no attention to what's behind the curtain.

I'm certain that it wouldn't cover room service or liquor delivered to the cabin. I hadn't noticed the 2 rums on the list of liquors delivered to the cabin before now.

Ha! The rum is what I did not notice as new as we have ordered them both for a few years on every cruise. Coconut for sure. I have a bottle that we brought home in April from the Ruby that we did not finish. It's about the only thing we drink besides wine. ;)

I'm certain that it wouldn't cover room service or liquor delivered to the cabin. I hadn't noticed the 2 rums on the list of liquors delivered to the cabin before now.

Trust me, the Bacardi was there. We have pre-ordered bottles of rum many times before AIBP. Because we always found it odd that rum wasn't included in the Suite/Elite mini-bar. So, we had to order it, I suppose!!

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wonder how this will effect Princess Cays. The AIBP was able to be used because it covered all beverages under $10 while the Unlimited Sodas and Mocktails package was not because they only have cans of soda on PC, not soda guns. Will we now be back to where we cannot use any drink package on PC?

Edited by PghCruiseGrrrl

One has to suspect that the individual drink prices may well be increasing. The change from the 40% wine discount to the 25% wine discount is total poop. What a crock for those who purchased under the old discount. It's difficult to see how that would even be legal.

I couldn't agree more! I purchased this 3 months prior to my cruise and now I can't get the 40% off. That just doesn't seem right. Limiting the drinks is one things, but this doesn't work. And neither do the cans of soda. I don't see how they can do this.

Edited by cjskids

I wonder how this will effect Princess Cays. The AIBP was able to be used because it covered all beverages under $10 while the Unlimited Sodas and Mocktails package was not because they only have cans of soda on PC, not soda guns. Will we now be back to where we cannot use any drink package on PC?

No. It is clearly stated that it works on the Princess Cay. Drinks have gone up in price to compensate for the increase in the package price. There is no clarity for soda on the Cay though.

The reason Princess (or any line for that matter) is that they always include the phrase "Terms and Conditions subject to change". I can live with the 15 cocktails but the reduction of discount for bottles of wine is what gets to me. Plus why does it cover small waters and not large waters ? I guess we will have to get used to small waters and fountain drinks (no fizz tastes like syrup

Ha! The rum is what I did not notice as new as we have ordered them both for a few years on every cruise. Coconut for sure. I have a bottle that we brought home in April from the Ruby that we did not finish. It's about the only thing we drink besides wine. ;)

Trust me, the Bacardi was there. We have pre-ordered bottles of rum many times before AIBP. Because we always found it odd that rum wasn't included in the Suite/Elite mini-bar. So, we had to order it, I suppose!!

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Guess I didn't scroll down far enough before today. Regardless, I'm just glad that I found rum that I can order for delivery to the cabin.

CRAP!! I didn't think it had affected my cruise since yesterday I could still purchase at the lower rate for my 15 day cruise. :(

I wasn't sure if we should do it for a cruise so long, now we will NOT be purchasing the package.

We have always done it for the convenience of not nickel and dime-ing ourselves. However now, I can rest assured I will not spend that much per day, or $1034.85 per person on a 15 day cruise! That's $2069.70 for two of us!! I'll still get the kids with soda package. With the decrease of the discounts on bottles of wine, and no longer including soda cans and large water bottles. The convenience of the package is gone.

Guess we will just enjoy it under the cruises we've booked with the Sip n Sail.

BOO Princess

The reason Princess (or any line for that matter) is that they always include the phrase "Terms and Conditions subject to change". I can live with the 15 cocktails but the reduction of discount for bottles of wine is what gets to me. Plus why does it cover small waters and not large waters ? I guess we will have to get used to small waters and fountain drinks (no fizz tastes like syrup

While I agree that the "subject to change" phrase gives them a perfectly legal right to make the changes, it definitely does NOT make it the right thing to do. As far as the bottled water size, give me a break - maybe they're afraid larger bottles lead to illegal sharing - of something we can buy for pennies and bring on board as much as we want. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

For grins I decided to check out the Carnival beverage package, called CHEERS! and found:

-it is priced at 49.95 per day plus 15% gratuity

-it includes alcoholic beverages up to $50 per serving

-it includes cans of soda

-it has the same 500 ml water bottles ( but not 1L) and 25% on wine bottles

So Princess increased the price, added the one bad thing in Carnival's program and none of the good things...

from p&0 australia

PREMIUM BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Cruises 7 nights or more

Soda

Tea & Coffee

Juice blends

Mocktails

600ml bottled water

Beer and cider

Wine (per glass up to and including $12)

Spirits (per glass up to and including $12)

Cocktails up to and including $12

Energy drinks

Onboard price: AU$89.00 per person per day

Pre-purchase before cruising: AU$79.00 per person per day

THE LOT! BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Cruises 7 nights or more

Soda

Tea & Coffee

Juice blends

Mocktails

600ml bottled water

Beer and cider

Wine (per glass up to and including $15)

Spirits (per glass up to and including $15)

Cocktails up to and including $15

Energy drinks

Onboard price: AU$105.00 per person per day

Pre-purchase before cruising: AU$95.00 per person per day

Guess we can assume that increases to the Gold and Silver wine packages will follow suit :wine-glass:

I thought the same thing and next month will discover if the wine packages prices have also increased. :(

A passenger on the Royal's current cruise posted on my cruise's roll call that about 25% of the ship's wine selections are out of stock. And that it might not be replenished until the ship arrives in Ft Lauderdale in early November. :mad:

If they decide to increase the prices for a reduced selection of wine then we'll probably not purchase a wine package which we've done whenever it's been available.

I understand the change applies to sip and sail promotions for 2017, but what if you did the sip and sail LAST June for a cruise this November. Does it still apply then? That was over a year ago and that was not the package. It specifically states Sip and Sail 2017 promotions.

How would I find out? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

I understand the change applies to sip and sail promotions for 2017, but what if you did the sip and sail LAST June for a cruise this November. Does it still apply then? That was over a year ago and that was not the package. It specifically states Sip and Sail 2017 promotions.

How would I find out? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

I would assume so since it applies to those of us who paid for the AIBP.