On Anthem now and love it so far.

JAMESCC

Guest maddycat
Two things I'm not loving is the beds are pretty hard, not soft at all. We have a pretty big standard balcony on deck 12 and the beds aren't the most comfortable. The other thing is what's with the tiny baby pillows? They are small and are too soft so it's like your head is laying flat to the bed.

We are eating at Jamie's tonight and I've been looking forward to this for quite some time.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Tell your cabin attendant that the bed is too hard. He'll put extra padding on the bed. He'll also give you more pillows.

Thanks. Should have known not to trust their website!

af1feb2bc9e731ff63d639d444a03323.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That mini golf picture is definitely from an Oasis class ship looking at the Windjammer and Crown Loft suites in the background.

Glad you are having a great cruise. We were on the Anthem last holiday season and it was our favorite cruise.

If you have the ability to ask somoene onboard (dining staff / entertainment staff), would you be able to find out which bands will be aboard the ship in December for the holidays and if the dining menus are the same menus from last year?

Our only hesitation of booking the same cruise is experiencing the same everything. We know the shows will be the same but are wondering if some of the live music will be new and if some of the food options / menu selections will be updated?

Thank you. Hope you have a great rest of your cruise.

I know the house band in the Music Hall will be The Royal Swedes. They are coming on in November and will be on until at least February according to their F B page. There will also be a tribute band, but they change from cruise to cruise. I know Zepagain is on the 12/2 cruise.

Thanks! A little disappointed to hear the dance band won't be Katrina Love and Synergy - they were our favorite last year among all our cruises and that would've been a contributing factor to us booking Anthem again.

Any idea how The Royal Swedes are? Also, do you know who the reggae band is supposed to be this winter?

Thanks! A little disappointed to hear the dance band won't be Katrina Love and Synergy - they were our favorite last year among all our cruises and that would've been a contributing factor to us booking Anthem again.

Any idea how The Royal Swedes are? Also, do you know who the reggae band is supposed to be this winter?

I was disappointed that Katrina wasn't going to be back. I was really hoping that Rock the Boat would be back, but they are going on Ovation. The Royal Swedes have a F B page with a video. It's hard to tell from the video how they are, but they do have a following on F B. I don't think they can be any worse than the band on Anthem now "One 4 One". They were really bad on my September cruise and they will still be on when I board again in a few weeks. At least DSB will be the tribute band. I have no idea about the reggae band.

Two things I'm not loving is the beds are pretty hard, not soft at all. We have a pretty big standard balcony on deck 12 and the beds aren't the most comfortable. The other thing is what's with the tiny baby pillows? They are small and are too soft so it's like your head is laying flat to the bed.

We are eating at Jamie's tonight and I've been looking forward to this for quite some time.

How did you like Jamie's? We didn't like it at all and will never go back. Real Italian food it isn't. Perhaps it is good for people who are not Italian and who would think catsup on egg noodles is great - Yuk!

Fred

Sorry wasn't able to access cruise critic from the ship for some reason. We looked Jamie's. They have us so much for we could not even come close to finishing. We are gonna book it again but skip lunch so we don't get full so quickly. We thought it was really good.

I don't think this ship has mini golf. I had no idea we could get more padding on the beds, will ask cabin attendant who by the way is just about the nicest person. The crew is absolutely amazing, period. Service is incredible.

How did you like Jamie's? We didn't like it at all and will never go back. Real Italian food it isn't. Perhaps it is good for people who are not Italian and who would think catsup on egg noodles is great - Yuk!

Fred

We agree with you, food just ok. Being Italian we don’t usually do Italian restaurants. What we really did not like was how very uncomfortable the seating was, rock hard chairs! My husband has back problems so it was even worse for him. But, we tried it this year since we did not go there last year, next year we will skip it. So enjoyed Wonderland and I am a very fussy eater! Chops was very good.

Marg

I was disappointed that Katrina wasn't going to be back. I was really hoping that Rock the Boat would be back, but they are going on Ovation. The Royal Swedes have a F B page with a video. It's hard to tell from the video how they are, but they do have a following on F B. I don't think they can be any worse than the band on Anthem now "One 4 One". They were really bad on my September cruise and they will still be on when I board again in a few weeks. At least DSB will be the tribute band. I have no idea about the reggae band.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like you've been on Anthem a bunch. We are concerned about going on Anthem for the second year in a row, second time for the holiday sailing. Not only will all of the production shows be the same but even one of the entertainers, Finis Henderson, is booked for the same exact sailing on year later. With that being said, Anthem is our favorite ship - love 270, the Solarium, indoor pool.

We were thinking of trying Breakaway but there's a lack of indoor space for the cold weather days. With that being said, I looked at recent Anthem compasses, and they seem pretty identical - same name that tune, same random cruise activities, and probably same dining room menus. Not sure how repetitive it will be and feel.

What do you think about repeat Anthem cruises?

How do you like the balcony rooms on deck 12? We'll be on deck 12 in Nov.

How do you like the balcony rooms on deck 12? We'll be on deck 12 in Nov.

I was in room 12150, port side forward, about 3 or 4 doors down the hall from the forward elevator. Can't speak to all the rooms, but we loved ours and the location, plenty of room on the balcony. We were on the forward part of the ship where it's at it's widest, no overhang overhead.

Location was great for getting the day started, very short walk to solarium/bistro, fitness center, pools etc. And great location for nice weather days when you're hanging out by the pools but want a quick break back to the room.

I was in room 12150, port side forward, about 3 or 4 doors down the hall from the forward elevator. Can't speak to all the rooms, but we loved ours and the location, plenty of room on the balcony. We were on the forward part of the ship where it's at it's widest, no overhang overhead.

Location was great for getting the day started, very short walk to solarium/bistro, fitness center, pools etc. And great location for nice weather days when you're hanging out by the pools but want a quick break back to the room.

We will be 12586. We had the same thought, close to all the upper level activities and a nice high vantage point to see things from. Hopefully not too cold!

Thanks for the reply. Looks like you've been on Anthem a bunch. We are concerned about going on Anthem for the second year in a row, second time for the holiday sailing. Not only will all of the production shows be the same but even one of the entertainers, Finis Henderson, is booked for the same exact sailing on year later. With that being said, Anthem is our favorite ship - love 270, the Solarium, indoor pool.

We were thinking of trying Breakaway but there's a lack of indoor space for the cold weather days. With that being said, I looked at recent Anthem compasses, and they seem pretty identical - same name that tune, same random cruise activities, and probably same dining room menus. Not sure how repetitive it will be and feel.

What do you think about repeat Anthem cruises?

Yes I'm getting ready for my 12th cruise on Anthem. I still go to WWRY and Spectra's. I never liked The Gift. I think I've seen 3 or 4 different casts. So even though the show is the same it is a little different. I sail solo, and always meet up with a lot of people that I've sailed with before, so for me that's what makes the cruise - the people that I'm with. There are many times we don't even make it to a show because we are having such a great time just hanging out. Also the headliners and comedians change, even though I've see most of them I still enjoy it. Lots can change depending on the audience. Same goes with the Love and Marriage game, Quest, Name that Tune.

I love Anthem, but to be honest I love to cruise, and it's very inexpensive for me to sail out of Bayonne. I can park for nothing (I used to live in Bayonne, and still have family and friends there) I have no airfare, no hotel costs, and can be there and home in less than an hour. That saying, I would love to have some more choices out of Bayonne.

To Gaylemh. We will be cruising with you in Dec. Hope to meet you. Do you go to a certain place during sail away? And does anybody wear beads like they do on Celebrity so we can see who our meet and mingle buddies are? Just adds to the fun during sail away Thank you. Watson50 (Keith)

We recently booked the Anthem for 9 days next summer to Bermuda/Caribbean! Looking forward to the cruise and a new class of ship (for us). We love Freedom/Voyager class ships and have been on Allure twice. For those who have been on these ships, does the Anthem have more of an Oasis feel to it or a Freedom/Voyager vibe? I know that it is different but we felt after our most recent Allure cruise that it was perhaps too big with little feel of being at sea. Any thoughts how Anthem compares or is it a completely different experience?

To Gaylemh. We will be cruising with you in Dec. Hope to meet you. Do you go to a certain place during sail away? And does anybody wear beads like they do on Celebrity so we can see who our meet and mingle buddies are? Just adds to the fun during sail away Thank you. Watson50 (Keith)

Unless we get a heatwave in December, I'll probably be in 270 for sail away. The band is usually there. There are some others I'll be meeting up with, so I'm sure there will be people posting about sail away on the roll call.

We will be 12586. We had the same thought, close to all the upper level activities and a nice high vantage point to see things from. Hopefully not too cold!

Should be a good spot, you'll have an overhang above I believe so probably a little more shade time for the balcony, but a good spot in relation to the elevators and getting up to the pools.

Anyone know what time the last group leaves the ship upon return to NJ? Also, if there is cell phone reception either in the terminal or in the port area in NJ?

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

Cell phones work in the port area, we have used them to call our car service.