Carnival Corporation Stock Holder

Fastfredcruise

I own over 100 shares of carnival stock. I did not of course buy the stock for the credit, but in addition to this being a well performing stock in my portfolio, this is, in my opinion a very impressive benefit to the shareholder.

So now I would like to use this benefit. It bothers me that I would have to send my brokerage statement to HAL which I consider confidential financial information... What have others done? black out all the other stocks and account number?, ask your broker for a statement of CCL stocks owned?

I wonder if I am the only one uncomfortable with faxing this information, when it is a part of a larger brokerage statement.

I just fax a copy of my voting proxy which shows how many shares of Carnival Stock we own and on the other half of the sheet provide my name, booking #, cruise date, # of days, and how much I expect to receive in OBC and ask for them to confirm. Do you get a proxy to vote your CCL shares each year?

Can I submit the OBC request now for a cruise that I have booked for next June? Not clear whether it has to be submitted in the same year as the cruise, they only say you need to submit it at least two weeks in advance.

Yes, you can. I have certainly sent mine in early and, while gardening put me behind today (clean up time in New Brunswick) mine is going off this week for my cruise next May.

If I don't do it soon I will forget :eek::p

Yes, you can. I have certainly sent mine in early and, while gardening put me behind today (clean up time in New Brunswick) mine is going off this week for my cruise next May.

If I don't do it soon I will forget :eek::p

Thanks. Oceania (owned by NCL) has some strange rules about needing to submit it in the year when you booked it, but when I emailed them with a question they said they were concerned about people selling the stock before the cruise (which seemed to contradict their need to submit it when booked). There was no wording about when to submit on the Carnival document.

Anyway, I just printed the relevant page of my September brokerage statement, blacked out the account number, and will use one of the free fax services to send the request to HAL.

I just fax a copy of my voting proxy which shows how many shares of Carnival Stock we own and on the other half of the sheet provide my name, booking #, cruise date, # of days, and how much I expect to receive in OBC and ask for them to confirm. Do you get a proxy to vote your CCL shares each year?

I don't get annual reports or proxies. I've tried turning on the option at my brokerage but haven't succeeded.

I am not real concerned sending them the page of my statement. I'm sure they see much more interesting stuff than mine and shred it when done. For anyone concerned about sending them your holdings, you could always move the CCL stock to a separate account.

Thanks. Oceania (owned by NCL) has some strange rules about needing to submit it in the year when you booked it, but when I emailed them with a question they said they were concerned about people selling the stock before the cruise (which seemed to contradict their need to submit it when booked). There was no wording about when to submit on the Carnival document.

Anyway, I just printed the relevant page of my September brokerage statement, blacked out the account number, and will use one of the free fax services to send the request to HAL.

You are welcome. If you request a confirmation and provide your email I find I normally get one.

I just take that email with me for the cruise (just in case). Once I see the OBC on my account, I put it in recycling ;)

I own over 100 shares of carnival stock. I did not of course buy the stock for the credit, but in addition to this being a well performing stock in my portfolio, this is, in my opinion a very impressive benefit to the shareholder.

So now I would like to use this benefit. It bothers me that I would have to send my brokerage statement to HAL which I consider confidential financial information... What have others done? black out all the other stocks and account number?, ask your broker for a statement of CCL stocks owned?

I wonder if I am the only one uncomfortable with faxing this information, when it is a part of a larger brokerage statement.

I don't get annual reports or proxies. I've tried turning on the option at my brokerage but haven't succeeded.

I am not real concerned sending them the page of my statement. I'm sure they see much more interesting stuff than mine and shred it when done. For anyone concerned about sending them your holdings, you could always move the CCL stock to a separate account.

I simply blackout all the non-CCL information on the IRA-SEP Brokerage Statement and just fax that page. It now just shows the shares she owns. The cover letter will have the name, booking number, ship and dates of the cruise. I also ask that the confirm receipt via email. Both the CCL and RCL Stock are in her IRA-SEP accounts.

Works everytime.

Must you own the stock at the time of the cruise, or just when you request and receive the on board credit?

I believe that you must own the stock within 6 months of your sailing date. Once it hit a real high and I sold it about 3 months before the cruise and bought it back at a dip after the cruise. Still got my OBC Credit.

I just take that email with me for the cruise (just in case). Once I see the OBC on my account, I put it in recycling ;)

I believe that once the OBC is applied, your TA should be able to send you an updated invoice that shows the OBC on th HAL system.

We submitted the stock ownership verification more than a year in advance of a cruise and, a few days later, received an email from HAL indicating the files for our cruise had not been opened yet and advising us to resend the stock ownership verification after a certain date provided in the email. That date was within one year of the sailing date.

Others may have had different experiences, but this was ours.

We have never been concerned about sending the verification exactly when the cruise was booked, but we always send it well in advance of sailing date.

We also always send it directly to HAL, clearly showing the booking number, ship and sailing date. We never send it through our TA. That's not to say one should not do that. Many do.

We submitted the stock ownership verification more than a year in advance of a cruise and, a few days later, received an email from HAL indicating the files for our cruise had not been opened yet and advising us to resend the stock ownership verification after a certain date provided in the email. That date was within one year of the sailing date.

Others may have had different experiences, but this was ours.

We have never been concerned about sending the verification exactly when the cruise was booked, but we always send it well in advance of sailing date.

We also always send it directly to HAL, clearly showing the booking number, ship and sailing date. We never send it through our TA. That's not to say one should not do that. Many do.

The privilege of OBC is approved every year at the shareholder's meeting and has an expiry date each year. So, depending on the timing, you may have been requesting beyond the approved time line until the board approved again.

eg - if it is only approved until August, 2018 and your cruise is sailing in October, 2018, you need to wait until the next approval by the board. If I had sent my request in when I booked, I would have been in advance of the approved time frame.

Hopefully, this makes sense.

The privilege of OBC is approved every year at the shareholder's meeting and has an expiry date each year. So, depending on the timing, you may have been requesting beyond the approved time line until the board approved again.

eg - if it is only approved until August, 2018 and your cruise is sailing in October, 2018, you need to wait until the next approval by the board. If I had sent my request in when I booked, I would have been in advance of the approved time frame.

Hopefully, this makes sense.

I was just going to say the same thing. If your cruise is before the next stockholders meeting, you will get the OBC. If after, you will have to wait.

K

impressive benefit to the shareholder.

Ask your broker for the statement and black out your account number (and any other stock information).

For those who can get their accounts online, you can pull the statement yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do.

I booked it as a B2B. Big change for kazu. No collectors. We are changing cabins on the 2nd leg.

I should say for all my collectors' I only got the one obc because it was one cruise.

The one time I did a B2B, I sent in one request for both cruises. I got $50 for the one day cruise and $250 for the following 14 day cruise. This was in 2014.

Just an update. Things have not changed since 2014 AQ :D

I sent my fax off about an hour ago and received my email confirmation that the CCL OBC of $250 would be applied to each segment of my B2B. So, 2 segments, 2 OBC's (2 booking #'s).

I download a copy of my brokerage statement containing the CCL holding. I convert the page with the info into a jpg. Then I use paint to select and cut any information other than my name/address, the brokerage company and the CCL holding. I saved the new jpg and sent it to corp for the shareholder credit which I received.

Just an update. Things have not changed since 2014 AQ :D

I sent my fax off about an hour ago and received my email confirmation that the CCL OBC of $250 would be applied to each segment of my B2B. So, 2 segments, 2 OBC's (2 booking #'s).

That's great!!!

Do they notify you, or do you have to check your account to find out if you have received the credit?

Even if you get notification that the credit has been applied to your booking, it is always wise, once on board, to double check that it has been applied to your account.

Even if you get notification that the credit has been applied to your booking, it is always wise, once on board, to double check that it has been applied to your account.

Absolutely true! And take with you any paper work that shows ANY credit that should be applied to your on-board account.

Kazu-(or anyone else with more knowledge than me!)

We booked our 21 day cruise which is actually a 10 day then an 11 day. Ours was given 1 booking number and called Seafarer Wayfarer. Should we (or in future) have booked it instead as a back to back with 2 booking numbers which would have given us two Stock OBC?

I don't recall a choice when we booked it nor did we receive any extra perks except for the promo at the time.