On board purchases and ID

Daan386

99% of the time, the only ID you will need is your ships card. Some PORT security may want to see an ID to get into the port area.

So, have ship ID and either a DL or Passport. (most people would never take passport ashore - that is a whole other thread that ALWAYS gets mixed response.. please...no...)

You ship id is the same card/id you use for all onboard purchases, and getting into your room

Having been on 8 different cruises including Alaska, Bermuda, Bahama's and Eastern & Wester Caribbean my wife and I have never been asked for any other idea other than our ship ID card. With that said we always have our drivers licences and most of the time our passports

We were getting back onto a different cruise line but they did ask for an actual form of ID in addition to our cruise card to reboard in Nassau. People who did not have their ID with them had to get out of the line and speak with someone else so I am unsure what the procedure was after that.

We've been asked for ID in addition to our cruise card in several ports. The first time it happened we were in St Thomas & we wasted a lot of time waiting for the okay to get through port security. Now we don't get off the ship unless we have a photo ID with us................

I was asked for ID in Nassau to re-enter the port last year. And also at Port Canaveral, which had full security screening as if boarding for the first time, or an airport. Since those were our only 2 ports, I was 2 for 2 needing ID!