Disney Express service cancelled from Anthem 7 night Bahamas?

Completely understand about lost time with this plan, but as I stated above, this was a compromise option. We have all of our park tickets, so we will not need to wait in a ticket line. And hopefully traffic will not be too bad on a random Monday afternoon.

Our group is all adults going to Epcot primarily for the Food & Wine Festival. And frankly, five or so hours in a theme park will likely be more than enough for us -- I don't anticipate any problems having to leave Epcot early in order to meet the bus.

Completely understand about lost time with this plan, but as I stated above, this was a compromise option. We have all of our park tickets, so we will not need to wait in a ticket line. And hopefully traffic will not be too bad on a random Monday afternoon.

Our group is all adults going to Epcot primarily for the Food & Wine Festival. And frankly, five or so hours in a theme park will likely be more than enough for us -- I don't anticipate any problems having to leave Epcot early in order to meet the bus.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. There are three ships in Port Canaveral the day you are there so there will be port traffic. Majesty is at Terminal 1, Disney Dream at Terminal 8 and Anthem at Terminal 6. When we sailed this itinerary in February, Anthem was at Terminal 1 and ship excursions left from a separate gangway, directly to the pier. The rest of us went out the regular gangway and through the terminal, took us a half hour to get off the ship. Hopefully, terminal 6 is quicker, we are on Anthem the week after you and are renting a car to go see family.

If you are going to Epcot just for Food and Wine you would save some time by entering Epcot through the International Gateway entrance at the back by the Beach Club. Probably shorter security lines too.

Good luck, I also agree that taking a bus from the ship which always involves meeting before and then waiting around, stopping at Sea World then calling an Uber and taking it to Disney is adding lots of extra time. I think you will be lucky to end up with 5 hours at Epcot, my guess is it will be less as you will have to allow an hour to get back to Sea World to catch the bus. For me this would not be an acceptable solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Thanks everyone for the advice and concern -- this is admittedly not an ideal plan -- thanks, Royal Caribbean! I've taken the Disney bus excursion from the Breakaway multiple times without a hitch, hopefully this roundabout adventure from the Anthem will work out. When it's all over, I promise to report back whether this ends successfully or is a complete disaster!

Thanks everyone for the advice and concern -- this is admittedly not an ideal plan -- thanks, Royal Caribbean! I've taken the Disney bus excursion from the Breakaway multiple times without a hitch, hopefully this roundabout adventure from the Anthem will work out. When it's all over, I promise to report back whether this ends successfully or is a complete disaster!

Since you're set on it, here's advice. If what you really care about is food and wine festival don't do any rides at all in future world. Go directly to world showcase or you'll never finish. And I wouldn't do a table service restaurant. That's 2 hours right there.

That's an incredible waste of time to take RC transportation to SeaWorld and then uber to Disney. Central Florida is teeming with ride services. Worst case, your Uber breaks down. Get out of the car and be in another one in 3 minutes tops. This is nothing like going off in private transportation into a remote jungle somewhere. The loading and unloading of a ship's tour takes a lot of time, plus the traffic etc. That's time you could be enjoying Disney.

And I think it's really unfortunate RC has not come up with an alternate transportation service here knowing people would have bought Disney tickets early due to the nature of booking fastpasses and dining reservations.

Curious if your itinerary changed? I'm on the Dec 14th sailing and we are scheduled from 7am til 9pm at Cape Canaveral. Seems like plenty of time to get to Disney and back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am on the same sailing and inquired as to when we left disney and they told me 4pm. I thought for sure they wouldn't leave until about 6. We are going just go to go Disney springs and do some shopping and get a bit of a 'free' disney fix. We plan to leave and then go to the T&T and ride the monorail to the Grand Floridian to see the gingerbread house. We were thinking of doing tea, as we love it there, but when I found out we are leaving at 4pm I decided to cancel that plan. OR if it is a nice day we are going to go to Typhoon Lagoon for a few hours and then over to the Springs for a couple hours. We will be at disney by 8am I hope, and then we all have until 4 - so 8 hours- but its ona Sunday so the parks will be packed - we plan to avoid the parks, as it isn't like we haven't been multiple times :)

if Disney was what you wanted to do there are ways. may not be IDEAL but rent a car. its 3 miles from port. $50-90 for the day depending size you need. much cheaper even with gas and tolls
Disneyworld is a lot farther than 3 miles to port canaveral. It is about a 45 min drive.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Reguarding disney-

I encourage everyone to email shorex@rccl.com and express your concern. I got an email back saying they are looking into the situation and trying to find an alternative solution. The more people that email, the better, I think

I also emailed the shore excursions team and got the same email back. Not holding out much hope that they will come back with any solution, but we can always hope 🤞🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on Anthem in January and planning on renting a car regardless to go to WDW. We are there 7am - 9pm, so plenty of time. We are planning to be back to the ship by 7-7:30. I am not too worried about not making it back to port before the ship leaves, but if something did happen and we missed it, can we just pick up the ship the next day in Miami? Will they allow us back on in Miami? That’s my plan B.

Thanks.

We are on Anthem in January and planning on renting a car regardless to go to WDW. We are there 7am - 9pm, so plenty of time. We are planning to be back to the ship by 7-7:30. I am not too worried about not making it back to port before the ship leaves, but if something did happen and we missed it, can we just pick up the ship the next day in Miami? Will they allow us back on in Miami? That’s my plan B.

Thanks.

I think you would have a problem boarding in Miami because that would violate the PVSA law.

Wow. We are on Anthem's November 11th sailing, and I, too, weighed out the logistics of heading to Orlando for either Disney or Universal. We long ago decided to either stay onboard or get off and stay local. I wish those of you heading to Orlando good luck...I would surely have purchased Disney tickets by now and would be very annoyed with this scenario.

Yesterday I received an email from RCCL to take a survey regarding my recent call to the service associate and Direct Sales Team. Let’s just say in the box for additional comments and suggestions I ran out of available characters but I hope I got my point across.

You could miss the shuttle when trying to get back to Sea World. The nervous people are going to get very nervous on the way from Sea World to Disney.

The food and wine opens at 11:00 in the world show case. The person who suggested going to the broadwalk resort and entering through international gateway was correct. It will save a lot of time.

Be sure to get the filet in Canada!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums