Live Review from Adventure of the Seas October 14, 2017

YOU ARE MY HERO!!! A 7-day cruise with just a carry on. My husband would love you;p

As long as you clean your clothes daily! Had the misfortune of sitting near a man that had horrible Body ordor. His clothes and he looked clean- but clearly weren't- He probably wore the same pants for days! Even though clothes look clean- they still require washing or dry cleaning- unfortunately RC and Celebrity do not have washing machines for the passengers to use and you need to send out everything- not cheap- would rather carry an extra piece of luggage.

Thanks for sharing...love the pictures! Getting excited for my upcoming cruise!

The drink card is a one time purchase and allows you to get 10 drinks. As long as your not getting beer,its a win. The drink package is a per day charge for unlimited drinks

Another advantage of the drink card is that it can be shared! Gets you a small discount per drink - works well for couples that don't think they'll both drink enough EVERY DAY to make the unlimited package worthwhile.

My rough calculation is that for the unlimited drink package to be worthwhile, we would each need to have five alcoholic drinks every day (not including beer), plus a couple bottles of water and a specialty coffee. If you can't both meet that threshold, the drink card is a better buy IMHO.

As long as you clean your clothes daily! Had the misfortune of sitting near a man that had horrible Body ordor. His clothes and he looked clean- but clearly weren't- He probably wore the same pants for days! Even though clothes look clean- they still require washing or dry cleaning- unfortunately RC and Celebrity do not have washing machines for the passengers to use and you need to send out everything- not cheap- would rather carry an extra piece of luggage.

Depends on what and how you pack. I just packed for a 14 day trip in a carry-on. I take all light weight clothing that packs up to nothing and use space bags.

lol I promise I have 7 days worth of nice smelling good clothes. Dresses and skirts take less space in a suitcase. I actually am dressed "too professional" as a I continue to get stopped by cruise passengers who assume I work on for the cruise line. I know others that also can do 7 day cruises with just a carry on and a personal bag. My personal bag had two outfits in it. There are ways to make your clothes more compact and easier to pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what and how you pack. I just packed for a 14 day trip in a carry-on. I take all light weight clothing that packs up to nothing and use space bags.

Bravo!! Exactly. Skirts can easily be rolled up and fit 3 easily in a plastic bag to compact down to the size of one. 5 shirts can easily be compacted down to the size of one. Space bags are a travelers must have :)

lol I promise I have 7 days worth of nice smelling good clothes. Dresses and skirts take less space in a suitcase. I actually am dressed "too professional" as a I continue to get stopped by cruise passengers who assume I work on for the cruise line. I know others that also can do 7 day cruises with just a carry on and a personal bag. My personal bag had two outfits in it. There are ways to make your clothes more compact and easier to pack.

You have to teach me! What about my four or five pairs of shoes? My husband pack even more then me-he also brings multiple pairs of shoes and they require more room! LOL

You have to teach me! What about my four or five pairs of shoes? My husband pack even more then me-he also brings multiple pairs of shoes and they require more room! LOL

I wore my tennis shoes since they take up the most space. Sandals in suit case, work dress shoes for dinner in suit case, flip flops in my personal bag. 4 pairs of shoes. :)

The drink card is a one time purchase and allows you to get 10 drinks. As long as your not getting beer,its a win. The drink package is a per day charge for unlimited drinks

And the drink card can be shared by two or more people.

I wear my sneakers and take a pair of walking sandals or flip flops, a pair of water shoes, and pair of dressy sandals. The flip flips, water shoes and sandals are packed between my carry-on and personal bag.

I pretty much will wear my bathing suit during the day most days. I brought three and will rinse those out in the sink after each wearing. I bring a travel size bottle of detergent for that.

The other trick it to bring all mix/match clothing. Everything I have can be worn with multiple combinations.

Jolly Reach Resort was perfect. Best beach on the island. It was a 25 minute taxi ride from the pier. $25 one way for 1-4 guest.

Taxi drivers are in center of the shops in orange shirts.

It was a little drizzle this morning but it quickly cleared up.

When I arrived at the Jolly Beach Resort, I received a Welcoming Rum punch. Delicious with perfect amount of fruit juice and rum punch.

Wristband for the Day. It's All Inclusive with Breakfast and lunch buffet or beach grill. 2 nice large pools. Swim up bar, and non motorized water sports. There were a couple vendors that were set up but no one has approached me to buy anything.

Jet ski rentals available at your own risk, I Never recommend the use of Jet Skis because the high risk and these islanders renting them are not insured and equipment is not inspected so rent at you own risk. I did ask just to share the info it's $50 for 30 minutes.

There is a spa on site that you can pay for spa services. I just chilled on the beach. The water was such a clear blue. Almost the same color as the pool.

Getting ready to head back to the ship as it's all aboard by 4:30pm so in my head it's all aboard by 3:30pm. If you're not early, you're late ;)

05dfc8a12c75b64721ce712a48da8128.jpg

8c4f703fa9396587ec62d3018baa2f63.jpg

3f35721500635b624d53e36ea757edc0.jpg

2cc1a5814eb315a4c948cb3f3a381c21.jpg

022dfa94341226293fa21d5ca665953c.jpg

Did you book the Jolly Beach Resort in Advance?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did not book in advance which was a little risky to drive all the way there to be turned away but I was able to get the pass. They said they are actually looking into allowing guest to book in advance online, but it's not yet ready. if I see this option become available soon I will let you know.

Attended my first meet n mingle. It was so much fun! I don't know why I have never attended one of these before. We were up on Deck 14 having drinks, had some door prizes and a gift exchange. I would share pictures but I didn't get anyone's permission. There was about 50 in attendance. It was so nice meeting everyone. We had friends from Norway, Australia, and Whales. Also many others from Ohio :) Getting ready for dinner, glad it's casual night.

Attended my first meet n mingle. It was so much fun! I don't know why I have never attended one of these before. We were up on Deck 14 having drinks, had some door prizes and a gift exchange. I would share pictures but I didn't get anyone's permission. There was about 50 in attendance. It was so nice meeting everyone. We had friends from Norway, Australia, and Whales. Also many others from Ohio :) Getting ready for dinner, glad it's casual night.

What time was the meet and mingle since it was a port day?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

See post 171 for photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums