Mini Suite Champagne?

CineGraphic

On Celebrity they give you a choice of a bottle of wine or champagne. One of our friends chose the red wine. It was disgusting!  I’m no snob but it was undrinkable. I also think this “free” sparkling wine in bad but that experience was unforgettable for all the wrong reasons!  🤪

Never been in a Mini, but I believe all of the preceding posts that the stuff is plonk.  In Princess' defense, they indicate a "glass of bubbly" in the Mini description on Ship Accommodations.  So, they don't over sell it.  They don't even call it sparkling wine, so I am guessing the legal team tasted it before approving the textual description.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In May on Regal we were never offered the Champale as a welcoming gesture. With 15 drinks a day included in our Plus fare, we didn’t want or need it. Seems like a silly thing to still offer when so many people have prepaid for drinks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

In May on Regal we were never offered the Champale as a welcoming gesture. With 15 drinks a day included in our Plus fare, we didn’t want or need it. Seems like a silly thing to still offer when so many people have prepaid for drinks. 

It's a nice way to start the cruise, drink package or not 🙂

• Like 5

On 10/14/2017 at 1:05 PM, CineGraphic said:

We’ll be in a mini for the first time and I just read that one of the benefits is welcome glass of champagne.

How is that handled... a coupon, a split in the room, or maybe the steward comes by and pours it from a can, lol.

Anything else special about a mini we should know about???

Sent from my iPhone while I should be working, using Forums

The room steward brings the glasses of bubbly! One even gave us a bottle.  It's not Dom or even Yellow label, but it's drinkable and a nice way to toast each other on cruise day!

On 10/14/2017 at 1:37 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Mini Suites are an extended balcony room. Unless you have a club class mini, the only other advantages are the above mentioned, a sofa, and a second tv. It is misnamed...does not include any suite perks.

On the newer ships the balcony is tiny....I can't imagine that is considered "extended"!!!

Edited by suzyed
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Well...true.  I didn't say anything about how "good" it was! 🤢

We like fine wines and good champs but I don't think it's really that terrible. 
Now, the "stuff" they give away....the "Ship(t) Champagne" is truly terrible but somewhat drinkable mixed with lots of OJ.  LOL

Edited by suzyed

2 minutes ago, suzyed said:

On the newer ships the balcony is tiny....I can't imagine that is considered "extended"!!!

I suspect they meant that Minis are "extended" balcony cabins (which they are) rather than "extended balcony" cabins. Yes, the balconies on the newer are ships sure are minuscule. We just booked an extended balcony cabin on Caribe deck on the Emerald for next July and the balconies look to be the size of tennis courts compared to the balconies on the new ships.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jwattle said:

It's a nice way to start the cruise, drink package or not 🙂

Having the room steward bring glasses of warm carbonated beverages at no additional cost over what I have already paid is “nice”.  Bringing back properly chilled glasses of actual Champagne from Vines at no additional cost is even better. 

4 hours ago, suzyed said:

Now, the "stuff" they give away....the "Ship(t) Champagne" is truly terrible…”

Yup. 

• Haha 1

Embarked Sky Princess today in Reserve Class mini suite. The room steward brought us two glasses of something bubbley. We drank it - it was OK to us. Instead of the 1/2 bottle of red and 1/2 bottle of white, they brought us one bottle of something labeled Champagne - haven’t opened it yet. But having had the 1/2 bottles of red and white, this bottle of Champagne can’t be worse.

The bad news is my DH likes Chardonnay. They had two offerings in the bars, and another in the dining room. He did not like any of them. The server told us the one on the plus package was Canyon Ridge, and the one one the premier package was Flowers. The dining room waiter said the one on the Plus package was an Italian Chardonnay (!), and they also had Flowers. My DH is not happy, but one server said they may have other options tomorrow 🤞.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Margarita Jane said:

Embarked Sky Princess today in Reserve Class mini suite. The room steward brought us two glasses of something bubbley. We drank it - it was OK to us. Instead of the 1/2 bottle of red and 1/2 bottle of white, they brought us one bottle of something labeled Champagne - haven’t opened it yet. But having had the 1/2 bottles of red and white, this bottle of Champagne can’t be worse.

The bad news is my DH likes Chardonnay. They had two offerings in the bars, and another in the dining room. He did not like any of them. The server told us the one on the plus package was Canyon Ridge, and the one one the premier package was Flowers. The dining room waiter said the one on the Plus package was an Italian Chardonnay (!), and they also had Flowers. My DH is not happy, but one server said they may have other options tomorrow 🤞.

If you have a Vines on your ship they may have a better quality Chardonnay.  Check it out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, suzyed said:

We like fine wines and good champs but I don't think it's really that terrible. 
Now, the "stuff" they give away....the "Ship(t) Champagne" is truly terrible but somewhat drinkable mixed with lots of OJ.  LOL

I was presuming it was indeed the ship shlop they make down in the boiler room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It is a nice gesture, but you guys are vinophiles and you can drink the stuff?

😄 This winter/summer we're headed down under, first stop will be visiting rellies, and know that we will be slappin' on a good time visiting local wineries 🥂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2017 at 4:09 PM, skf said:

That's how we feel about Dom Perignon...now known here as "Dom Peritonitis." Shoulda never gone to the wine shop in Paris.

Steve & Pete

That is how I feel about champagne in general.  I have never been able to figure out why people make so much fuss about the stuff.  Going along with the idea that you have to drink the stuff from a glass slipper maybe filtering it through a dirty sock might make it drinkable.  

DON

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

It is a nice gesture, but you guys are vinophiles and you can drink the stuff?

We are, but for that first "we're in our suite" and the smile on the stewards face when he presents it, we'd happily drink it if it was two buck chuck. We also know that our pre-ordered "snooty patooty" bottle will be along shortly, as well as whatever assorted "specialties" we brought in our "Wine Flies Free" case. You know us: the glass is always half full...oh wait, it's always full, and being happily sipped on! Cheers my friend! 🥂

• Like 6

7 hours ago, jwattle said:

........ You know us: the glass is always half full...oh wait, it's always full, and being happily sipped on! Cheers my friend! 🥂

No, I think you were correct the first time at half-full.  You don't fill a wine glass like filling a glass of water, right?  😉

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Right! 😄

Screw Top - California Coastal Vibes cab - 2 for $10 - may I fill up a Princess tumbler - Sailing is so refreshing - or should I just pour a half tumbler at a time?

Edited by voljeep
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, jwattle said:

We are, but for that first "we're in our suite" and the smile on the stewards face when he presents it, we'd happily drink it if it was two buck chuck. We also know that our pre-ordered "snooty patooty" bottle will be along shortly, as well as whatever assorted "specialties" we brought in our "Wine Flies Free" case. You know us: the glass is always half full...oh wait, it's always full, and being happily sipped on! Cheers my friend! 🥂

I like your style!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 3:19 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Sorry, but you can't call what they bring you "Champagne!"  I know we are wine snobs, but that stuff is undrinkable.   🥂

And your the type of snobs that when they take that away you will set there ***** about that!!!!