shipfriend_max

Celebrity Edge to sail EUROPE in 2019!

any news on the transatlantic itineraries?

The E:mail I got said itineraries would be online at 5:30 eastern time. However, I just phoned to get the ports for the Iberian cruise on May 15th and captains club had access to it.

So far only spring Transatlantic sailings have been announced

EDGE: 15-Night Trade Winds Transatlantic 2019 - Apr. 28 Florida: Fort Lauderdale; Bermuda: Kings Wharf (overnight); Azores: Ponta Delgada; Portugal: Lisbon; Spain: Bilbao; France:Paris (Le Havre); England: Southampton

REFLECTION: 14-Night Azores & Ireland Transatlantic 2019 - Apr. 22 Florida: Fort Lauderdale; Portugal: Madeira; Azores: Ponta Delgada (overnight); Ireland: Cork (Cobh), Waterford (Dunmore East), Dublin

SILHOUETTE: 13-Night Trade Winds Transatlantic 2019 - Apr. 14 Florida: Fort Lauderdale; Bahamas: Nassau; Bermuda: Kings Wharf (overnight); Portugal: Lisbon; England: Southampton

INFINITY: 14-Night Azores & Iberian Penninsula Transatlantic 2019 - Apr. 22 Florida: Miami; Azores: Ponta Delgada; Portugal: Lisbon; Spain: Seville (Cadiz), Malaga, Alicante, Barcelona

CONSTELLATION will reposition from Dubai via the Suez canal

The E:mail I got said itineraries would be online at 5:30 eastern time. However, I just phoned to get the ports for the Iberian cruise on May 15th and captains club had access to it.

When will the itineraries be open for sale, at which date!? Already tomorrow???

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The EDGE transatlantic is calling my name, however I probably would not book it as there is no GoBig/Better/Best offered on Transatlantic cruises. Sad as I do love Transtalantics and I do love Celebrity, but until they change this policy I will be booking elsewhere for these type of sailings.

Bookings are available now by calling their call centers in the US, they will be available online at 5:30pm Eastern time today

EDGE: 15-Night Trade Winds Transatlantic 2019 - Apr. 28 Florida: Fort Lauderdale; Bermuda: Kings Wharf (overnight); Azores: Ponta Delgada; Portugal: Lisbon; Spain: Bilbao; France:Paris (Le Havre); England: Southampton

REFLECTION: 14-Night Azores & Ireland Transatlantic 2019 - Apr. 22 Florida: Fort Lauderdale; Portugal: Madeira; Azores: Ponta Delgada (overnight); Ireland: Cork (Cobh), Waterford (Dunmore East), Dublin

SILHOUETTE: 13-Night Trade Winds Transatlantic 2019 - Apr. 14 Florida: Fort Lauderdale; Bahamas: Nassau; Bermuda: Kings Wharf (overnight); Portugal: Lisbon; England: Southampton

INFINITY: 14-Night Azores & Iberian Penninsula Transatlantic 2019 - Apr. 22 Florida: Miami; Azores: Ponta Delgada; Portugal: Lisbon; Spain: Seville (Cadiz), Malaga, Alicante, Barcelona

Sources??? I did not find anything on the X website yet. And on cruisecal not either.

They're open now - just call. 5:30 eastern time they'll be on the website

They're open now - just call. 5:30 eastern time they'll be on the website

Okay thanks!

For us in Europe, I need to look them up later. Really tomorrow, the 18th of October 2017. [emoji28]

Sources??? I did not find anything on the X website yet. And on cruisecal not either.

It's from the deployment email sent to travel agents earlier today

Yeah! I would prefer a TA on an Edge class ship. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edge TA not for us.

Cheapest Infinite Verandah 6 Gs. Will sell out quickly, though for those who like new and shiny.

So much for Celebrity's "excuse" that they cannot offer GoBig/Better/Best on Transatlantic cruises due to the "deeply discounted" nature of the fares - there is NOTHING discounted about these fares at all !!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

So much for Celebrity's "excuse" that they cannot offer GoBig/Better/Best on Transatlantic cruises due to the "deeply discounted" nature of the fares - there is NOTHING discounted about these fares at all !!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Lol. No they aren't. None of them. 7 night Edge balcony is virtually the same price as 12 day Reflection. And it's already had a price increase. Know which one I'll be booking.

And the following cruises :

From £1425 for an inside on Edge from Southampton to Rome on 15.05.19.

Also surprised that Infinity is back in Europe, 17.05.19 Cannes film festival.

Reflection Iceland & Ireland from Dublin May 6 & 16, 2019.

I have the feeling there’s some gaps for Silhouettes itineraries:

How about May 4, 2019, and June 30, as well as July 28, 2019?

Very disappointed with 2019 TA itineraries and pricing. As much as I like to book one of them - nothing is worthwhile for now..

Either Celebrity will have to cut prices, or there are an awful lot of fools out there: 10 or 11 days inside cabin in the Med in September on the Edge from £1999 pp.

£200/night for an inside cabin? ROFL.

I have the feeling there’s some gaps for Silhouettes itineraries:

How about May 4, 2019, and June 30, as well as July 28, 2019?

There might be dates they are holding open for full ship charters

There might be dates they are holding open for full ship charters

You think in the summer peak season those are charters?

In the past the same cases were happening where the schedules featured some gaps, and later on they were filled with "new" itineraries.

Mybe the same will happen with Silhouette in 2019 - she's listed in ICeland, and the North Cape during June/July, maybe a new itinerary is planned which is not open for sale yet. Lets see...

You think in the summer peak season those are charters?

In the past the same cases were happening where the schedules featured some gaps, and later on they were filled with "new" itineraries.

Mybe the same will happen with Silhouette in 2019 - she's listed in ICeland, and the North Cape during June/July, maybe a new itinerary is planned which is not open for sale yet. Lets see...

It's very common for there to be full ship charters in the summer by groups like Atlantis Events (a gay charter)

I've never sailed Celebrity and have been eyeing the Edge for a while. The per day prices on Edge are quite high for the summer 2019 season. I just randomly priced up a 7 day Med cruise in June in Concierge class with "Best" and it's pricing out at $456 per person per day. I think that's high for Celebrity.

We usually sail Oceania in PH category and it always prices in the $500's per person per day for PH with a butler. This isn't far off from Oceania pricing in PH category.

I'm wondering if I should stick with Oceania...wow! Anyone else seeing these high per day prices?!

It's very common for there to be full ship charters in the summer by groups like Atlantis Events (a gay charter)

Yes, definitely very common. When Equinox was in the Med, she was chartered virtually every year in the summer by Atlantis. I know because we had our itineraries changed in consecutive years.

Reflection is also being chartered next summer in Europe. It has already caused problems for some as dates were altered and X changed them a couple of times (several posts on CC confirming this ;)).

I'm wondering if I should stick with Oceania...wow! Anyone else seeing these high per day prices?!

At those prices, I would! Edge is £200/$250 a day for inside cabins. I've never paid that much for Celebrity balcony cabins with the classic drinks package.

They really are trying to exploit those eager to try a new ship, but will an interior on the Edge be that much different?

Stuart

Yeah !!!!!!!

This is exactly what we were hoping for and I have to say that we had a pleasant surprise that these itineraries came out so early this year. Great 11 night cruise on Edge covering our 25th wedding anniversary in August 2019 so off to look at the ship now.

Very pleased ... but edgy (sorry) that we may book and then find that they charter it ...........

:-)

Either Celebrity will have to cut prices, or there are an awful lot of fools out there: 10 or 11 days inside cabin in the Med in September on the Edge from £1999 pp.

£200/night for an inside cabin? ROFL.

Their pricing are insane. May15- 10 days sailing - 1B $3299 +fees/ pp

I wouldn’t let the fares scare me off just yet. I suspect the prices will drop over the next 18-24 months. I recall in 2015 when we booked a 12 nt 2017 Baltic cruise on the Silhouette fares for AQ cabins were almost $4K pp (with perks). over the next year there were several sales and price drops. By the time we had to cancel and move to a different cruise the price was around $2.5K pp (with perks). I was really disappointed we couldn’t go on the cruise.

We will be sailing in Europe during the summer of 2019. We’re just not sure if it will be on the Edge.

I wouldn’t let the fares scare me off just yet. I suspect the prices will drop over the next 18-24 months. I recall in 2015 when we booked a 12 nt 2017 Baltic cruise on the Silhouette fares for AQ cabins were almost $4K pp (with perks). over the next year there were several sales and price drops. By the time we had to cancel and move to a different cruise the price was around $2.5K pp (with perks). I was really disappointed we couldn’t go on the cruise.

We will be sailing in Europe during the summer of 2019. We’re just not sure if it will be on the Edge.

I think X will try to cash in on The Edge hype. I would not anticipate drastic price drop. As of today prices for Med are insane - $340/ p per day for lowest balcony... I would not book anything that expensive till I read real reviews. Time will tell if this ship is even I would like to try..

I think X will try to cash in on The Edge hype. I would not anticipate drastic price drop. As of today prices for Med are insane - $340/ p per day for lowest balcony... I would not book anything that expensive till I read real reviews. Time will tell if this ship is even I would like to try..

Are they that much higher than what they were released at last year? I know the one we booked was only $100 more pp. Not including Edge though. They'll drop.

The inaugural sailing of the Edge started out and jumped 2000 pp for an S1 Suite and never came close to what I paid for it hot off the press. However, time will tell. Same thing on the Edge TA...a feeding frenzy yesterday and prices up 1900 from what I paid... economy is doing better, but mostly for corporations. Stock market is way to high and due for a correction IMHO. Only time will tell...but the prices are higher!

Just my 2 cents from my perspective.

The transatlantic 2019 cruises for April posted yesterday. Not interested in Edge for a transatlantic as there are 200 suites.

Yes, I would imagine the Retreat will possibly be crowded at times with there being so many consecutive sea days and all the additional suites. It will be interesting to read the Edge reviews from those that have previously taken TAs on other ships - with that many more suites, I presume the more intimate feel of the suite offerings will also disappear? Only time will tell ;).

At those prices, I would! Edge is £200/$250 a day for inside cabins. I've never paid that much for Celebrity balcony cabins with the classic drinks package.

They really are trying to exploit those eager to try a new ship, but will an interior on the Edge be that much different?

Stuart

w - fortunately (for X) or unfortunately (for cruise watchers) fair price or exploitation people want to book most any Edge sailings at almost any price.

The bottom line is that there is an overwhelming demand for most of Edges itineraries, and I think that is great... for X. Most of the sailings I want are fully booked in the cabins I want, at the moment.

Looking at other sailings and will jump on Edge when I believe it is at a price point at which I Am willing to pay.

I think it is great for X, this is what they are in business to do... :cool:

bon voyage

Looking at other sailings and will jump on Edge when I believe it is at a price point at which I Am willing to pay.

I think it is great for X, this is what they are in business to do... :cool:

bon voyage

“Bo knows”. Well stated.