# days to your next Princess cruise

luckyinpa

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Today is Thursday. We sail on Saturday. :classic_biggrin:

I look forward to hearing about your trip!  We are booked on the March 17th sailing. I am disappointed that a tour in Panama is not available, as it is on the FLL round trip.  Bon Voyage to you!  

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

Today is Thursday. We sail on Saturday. :classic_biggrin:

Thrak, Have a GREAT time on your cruise!! You know if I was on the cruise with you your first 🥃 and more would be on the Captain of The Rowboat. 😁  All the best my Cruise Critic friend to you and your family. 

Tony

2 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Thrak, Have a GREAT time on your cruise!! You know if I was on the cruise with you your first 🥃 and more would be on the Captain of The Rowboat. 😁  All the best my Cruise Critic friend to you and your family. 

Tony

Tony, It's a bit hard to be happy about cruising right now. There's a fire that started this morning at 6:30 AM and is now at 20,000 acres. The nearest town - Paradise which is about 14 miles away - is pretty much gone. The fire has come down the hill and is now approaching Chico which is where we live. it's at zero percent containment. About 27,000 people have evacuated and many are here in Chico now at churches, the Elks club, etc. Their homes are gone. We now have evacuation warnings up to our city limits to the south and mandatory evacuations to our city limits from the east.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Tony, It's a bit hard to be happy about cruising right now. There's a fire that started this morning at 6:30 AM and is now at 20,000 acres. The nearest town - Paradise which is about 14 miles away - is pretty much gone. The fire has come down the hill and is now approaching Chico which is where we live. it's at zero percent containment. About 27,000 people have evacuated and many are here in Chico now at churches, the Elks club, etc. Their homes are gone. We now have evacuation warnings up to our city limits to the south and mandatory evacuations to our city limits from the east.

Thrak,

I just watched a video of the fire. I just hope and pray that they can stop it from spreading further.  Just do what they tell you don’t take any chances.  I’m sitting here speechless and hoping for the best.

Good Luck and God Bless.

Tony

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Thrak - I am glad that you brought this up.  That is a terrible fire.  All of the smoke and ashes are blowing into our community here in the East Bay.  I am so sorry to read that the town of Paradise was destroyed.  I was thinking of you today and sending positive thoughts to you both.  Please stay safe and keep us updated. 

( We're scheduled to depart in 11 days from FLL for a full transit of the Panama Canal, arriving in San Francisco.  But,  it's difficult to think about that when this fire season in Northern California has been so brutal).  - EBC

Edited by EastBay Cruisers

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

Mr Thrak ... we often have differing opinions about cruise ship dress, scotches, etc ... but put that all aside for now

Your current situation is real life and that is what is important.  It would be hard for me to leave on a ship for 15 days knowing I wouldn't be able to get back until at least the ship docked in Hawaii.  I'm sure you are completely monitoring the situation and have backup plans.  Best of luck whatever you decide...