WJ Buffet or Dining Room for lunch

We mix it up and do both. Usually MDR on sea days (as it's available on those days) and WJ on port days for lunch if we are back in time, otherwise we eat out at interesting restaurants in various ports. (But we avoid the beach BBQ at the ports that have them).

Take turns for breakfast in both...depending on what time we roll out of bed. ;) Love Solarium cafe on Oasis for both breakfast and lunch also. :hearteyes:

It can be pretty terrible finding a table on Oasis class. Better since they moved Izumi and made more space for WJ.

Oh that's good to know! We were amazed at how small the WJ is on Oasis the last time we were on board. Tiny little MJ's WJ is twice the size of Oasis and much better set up IMHO!

We usually find time to eat one breakfast and one lunch in the Main Dining Room on every cruise. The rest of the time we eat breakfast and lunch in the Windjammer. Another thing to consider when choosing between the MDR and Windjammer is the amount of time needed for each. If you're in any kind of a hurry, the Windjammer is the place to go. In the Main Dining Room you'll be seated and waited on. It's a more pampered experience but it takes quite a bit longer than the Windjammer.

Much preferred breakfast in the Main Dining Room when we didn't have a shore excursion/other plans. I felt the food quality was better than Windjammer overall, and frankly I just like the more relaxed atmosphere and being served at my seat than having to get my own food.

The food is good but I don't like the large tables (staff seats you there until table is full). Some people take an excessively long time to decide and then there is a long wait until all orders are delivered.

The food is good but I don't like the large tables (staff seats you there until table is full). Some people take an excessively long time to decide and then there is a long wait until all orders are delivered.

We have never had a problem telling them that we would like a table for two.

We never have had a problem either...Not interested in sitting with other's especially at breakfast.

Me either.. that is way to early to deal with loud stories, and people talking about how this is "probably one of the biggest ships in Royals fleet", while sitting in the Majesty's MDR :rolleyes: (Overheard that once, along with all kinds of things that are off the wall) I swear, I must bruise my frontal lobe from my eyes rolling back. Yep... better to sit alone. :')

Completely understand. I would never suggest doing MDR when you have a shore excursion or other plans that you need to be somewhere for at a specific time. But on a sea day when all I'm looking to do is relax, it's MDR for me.

We enjoy sitting at larger tables and meeting other people. But it's not everyone's cup of tea, especially for some who need a cup of coffee (or two) before being able to face the day ;)

We've had so much trouble with the Windjammer that we've basically given up on it for breakfast. It's just too crowded for us that we don't enjoy it. We do MDR for breakfast every day that we can. If we have an early start then we do room service breakfast (even though it's pay for now for the hot breakfast).

If we have the time for MDR but still want to be 'quick' we get a table for 2. If it's a sea day, we almost always sit with others -- but yes, it can take upwards of an hour for breakfast as they serve food in 'courses' (cold stuff or oatmeal first) followed by the mains (eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes etc). Always worth it in our opinion.