Latest Upsell Offers

CineGraphic

As a reminder, please post your upsell information the following format:

Ship, sailing date, number of days, cabin category purchased, upsell price per person, cabin category upgrade.

Example:

Crown, 12/9, 8 day, mini suite, $249, club class mini

I like this format and the consistency for comparisons.

Of note, some travel agencies do not pass these offers along. I know, I know ... I was surprised to hear about this. I had booked with a large big box TA for years and wondering why I had never seen an upsell offer when I see on these boards how some get them all the time. And, we've sailed on Princess 2 dozen times already ... never seen even one upsell offer! I was transferring my booking over to this TA when they informed me that they don't really have time to pass those offers along to their clients. Well, no wonder I hadn't ever seen one of these offers before. I now weigh out the extras they can offer me as opposed to my chances of seeing an upsell offer. Sometimes I transfer it ... sometimes I don't. Just an FYI .... you may want to inquire how your TA does handle these offers.

I also use a membership type store that you have to call their Travel dept it is not available in store. They do NOT pass along anything because they state they don't read their emails because there are too many. They do give a whopping OBC or cash card if the cruise doesn't require an OBC such as a high end line like Azamara or Viking.

We are sailing on the CB August 25th. My TA called me a week ago and said we had two up sell offers. We were booked in E731, our favorite mini. First offer was to upgrade to Club Class mini for $149 per person. Said no to that one. Second offer was to upgrade to a Suite for $449 per person. I asked my TA what suites were available. He called back in 25 minutes with a Princess rep on the line and offered A753, the owners suite. Done deal! All our OBC and Sip n Sail were honored with the move. Our TA has us marked "No Upgrade" for all our bookings. This is the 4th up sell offer we have received in the last 3 cruises. 1 month, 2 days and 21 hours until we drive down August 24th. No, we are not excited.

Would you be so kind as to explain to me why you would have "no upgrade" on your booking? I may not be understanding what an upgrade ACTUALLY is.... I just want to make sure I'm not missing something that I should be doing and why I should be doing it! Thanks so much!

Would you be so kind as to explain to me why you would have "no upgrade" on your booking? I may not be understanding what an upgrade ACTUALLY is.... I just want to make sure I'm not missing something that I should be doing and why I should be doing it! Thanks so much!

You would mark a reservation "no upgrade" because often what Princess considers an upgrade (any cabin in a "higher" category than what you booked) and what you consider an upgrade might be very different. You may have selected a cabin based on location, extra large balcony, or another feature that you particularly like, and you may not want to give up those features. The specifics vary from one ship to another, but you might know that you don't want a cabin right under the pool deck, even if it is technically a better cabin than what you booked.

Bottom line--those free upgrade cabins have a funny tendency to be cabins that no one chooses.

You would mark a reservation "no upgrade" because often what Princess considers an upgrade (any cabin in a "higher" category than what you booked) and what you consider an upgrade might be very different. You may have selected a cabin based on location' date=' extra large balcony, or another feature that you particularly like, and you may not want to give up those features. The specifics vary from one ship to another, but you might know that you don't want a cabin right under the pool deck, even if it is technically a better cabin than what you booked.

Bottom line--those free upgrade cabins have a funny tendency to be cabins that no one chooses.[/quote']

Upgrades are free but you generally have no say in cabin location. Many people end up with a mid ship room right under the pool. I will stick with my aft cabin. Upsells you can pick your cabin among those available and can also turn down an upsell

I also use a membership type store that you have to call their Travel dept it is not available in store. They do NOT pass along anything because they state they don't read their emails because there are too many. They do give a whopping OBC or cash card if the cruise doesn't require an OBC such as a high end line like Azamara or Viking.

So it is only by accident you learn such information as:

a) A change in itinerary that you will visit different ports

b) A change in time at a port

c) Delayed boarding due to noro cleaning

d) A change in cabin assignment or an initial assignment from a GTY

etc.

etc.

All of these changes come directly to your email. It's only payment type situations that go to the TA.

HTH

etc.

Caribill, you are correct. All of these changes do go to the TA first who forwards them to the passenger.

When we had a delayed boarding situation, the information was sent to both my e-mail and my TA....and TA forwarded to me as well.

Upsell offers can basically come at any time, but they tend to be more frequent a few weeks to a month before cruising. Still, if a particular type of cabin isn't filling, it can be well before that.

7/12 received this: Caribbean Princess (8/18, 7-day) BD Balcony to MB-ME Mini $129/pp; declined.

8/2 received for same sailing: BD Balcony to full suite (S4/S5) for $529/pp; also declined

Looks like they really want BD balconies. My offer for 8/25 was $149/pp for my BD balcony to mini. No further correspondence yet. The only way they can get me to give up my BD is to offer a moveover.

Looks like they really want BD balconies. My offer for 8/25 was $149/pp for my BD balcony to mini. No further correspondence yet. The only way they can get me to give up my BD is to offer a moveover.

DW and I really love the BD balconies also. Such good value. I agree it would take quite the offer for us to give it up.

Caribbean Princess, Sails 8/18, 7days, purchased guaranteed mid-forward balcony, upgraded 2 days prior from Princess to better balcony then UPSELL offered - YES we took it! Full Suite category S4 for $589 pp.

Ruby sails 8/25. Purchased IE Guaranteed. Offered today OCEANVIEW (Cat O3-OZ) - $59 USD/$86 CAD* per person

Called left message about 40 min after email came in, got call back about 3 hours later all unobstructed were taken but got a obstructed that isn’t reall obstructed midship on emerald thanks to prior cabin posts here.