Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Greetings Coolers! Yet more snow overnight and it will not tamper off until tomorrow. I am planning a snow delivery for J. I'll swing by and pick some up from JP and Linda. I don't think Cam is home yet so that will have to wait for the next scheduled delivery. I'll send you the approximate coordinates for pick up J. :)

Time to celebrate....it's International Pi Day!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/pi-day-facts-1.4572534

"Even if you're not math savvy, you likely remember learning about pi in math class. It's the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, or 3.14. It's used to calculate the circumference, diameter and area of a circle, among other things.

While most people think of pi as 3.14, the entire ratio hasn't been calculated. As of November 2016, pi enthusiast (yes, there's such a thing) Peter Trueb's computer calculated pi to 22,459,157,718,361 digits.

And it was no easy feat. He had to build a computer with 24 hard drives, each containing six terabytes of memory. He used a program called y-cruncher, built for that sole purpose.

According to the Pi World Ranking List, the record for memorizing pi belongs to Suresh Kumar Sharma of India, who memorized 70,030 digits in October 2015, beating out Rajveer Meena, also of India, who memorized it to 70,000 digits in March 2015."

pillsbury.jpg

Have a great day all!

Good morning all!

Mysty, you beat me to the congratulations on the Pi Day celebration. I seem to have always worked together with math geeks, and your pie picture brought back so many fond memories.

Catching up with soon-to-be travelers and their plans. It will be a lovely birthday journey for JP and Chris. MissS., I think, will bring back comments from the Musified Spirit, and I really appreciated the pictures of the stretch. Oh, so much to catch up on!

Snow day for us today; 10 additional inches expected. I read of the storm's impact on Boston and surrounding areas where 700,000 customers lost power....UFF....in this cold... I believe that extreme weather patterns are here to stay and our civilization must mitigate, when possible, and adapt, when not. Probably our grandchildren will survive, and enjoy, a different world....

its even chilly here in South Florida!

Bought an early Fathers day gift for spouse, a pool blanket! he practically cries when he sees the steam rising out of the pool when its chilly here, as he visualizes dollar signs going up in smoke...all that electricity to heat the pool. Now the blanket will hold in the heat, prevent evaporation of water, so it's a good gift.

Fun to read of all travel plans.

Our serious countdown to the Muse cruise has commenced.

Standing in the way is some unplanned for surgery, but its scheduled for next Monday so all should be ok by the cruise date.

Tough going with all of that snow and blizzard after blizzard. Brother in law told me that his generator was on and power outages were everywhere.

Carpe diem all!

Such mixed weather everywhere....it’s been bitterly cold here today.

Cam, l will most certainly report on the ‘new’ Spirit in May....I am looking forward to seeing her.

Spins....love the pool blanket thought...hope the surgery goes well.

I think we have all experienced difficult daughters....mine was a teen with attitude who knew everything...now she’s a lot older and an absolute darling.....haven’t been to the cinema in years...don’t like these new modern ones...much prefer what we used to call the Flea Pits!

It’s been a very stressful day with the bedroom fitters arriving early doors and attempting to take over the whole project with certain demands and restrictions with health and safety being top of their list along being repeatedly told I had signed a contract which started me off right away! I ended up having a very heated discussion with the area manager more or less telling him where he could shove his contract.....amongst other things! As usual the folk on the actual job and office staff seem unable to communicate so Miss S had a slight meltdown!

Safe travels tomorrow JP & Chris, hope you have an amazing time.

😊

Thanks all! Greetings from Detroit. We had a relaxing morning at home, despite the fact that the house was full of workers...

Some snow in Albany but nothing that delayed us. Yesterday's storm was long over. Weather in Detroit is nice so expecting a nice flight to LAX in a few hours. We have a bird's eye view of our gate from the Delta sky club. And there is cold Sauvignon Blanc here. Life is good.

Spins! Best wishes for a quick recovery. Hope all is well. I also love our pool blanket. I almost never have to run the heater because of it. I am a cheapskate too, so I also see the $$ going up along with the steam...

M, feel free to pick up some snow before it melts. And happy Pi Day!

Sad to see that ALS finally claimed the incredible mind of Stephen Hawking. A sad day. I despise that disease.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone......I drive to Orlando in the morning:) really looking forward to it.

I am pretty much all packed.......taking a carry on and mid size tote bag..........3 nights, 4 days........

Spins, sending my best to you.

JP and Chris...........Bon Voyage:)

Jeff, I ended up buying a new Laptop.........an HP..........my friend at work is getting all the stuff off my old one onto the new one........it will

be all done for me when I get back to work on Monday.

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, .....can you hear me singing?!

Have a great birthday trip! Expecting reports.....when you have time!!!!

So sorry to hear about Spins upcoming surgery. Hope it will be a zip in and zip OUT!

Thanks all for good wishes for surgery.

Did not expect to be anticipating it but its all for the best. Not really a choice, which makes it easy.

I am focusing on the day after!

Meanwhile I continue the search for ancestors and thoughts of the cruise.

I am enjoying all of the posts.

Safe travels to all who are far from home and happy birthdays.

G’Day All......

Nice looking pie Jeffers.....sausage and mash with mushy peas here today...

Happy Birthday to Lois and enjoy Disney....you’ll love the Polynesian show.

All calm this morning with the work going well.....carpets in tomorrow...😁

Happy Day 😊

Greetings Coolers! Had to dig out the end of the driveway this morning. Myster has an appointment and we couldn't wait for our snow removal dude to show up. Now I need a nap!

Miss S. I hope your frustrations with the reno have eased up! It is indeed irritating when 'rules" appear out of nowhere to interfere with progress!

The Pi pie looks awesome J!

Today's funny...

images2.jpg

Have a great day all!

Hi all .... thanks both ..... reposted due to a posting malfunction ...... :*

Hi Spins, all of us being both nosey and are concerned and as you mentioned it we're all wondering what the surgery is. And equally all understand if you don't want to say so ignore if you wish and no offence will be taken whatsoever. :) In any event roll on Tuesday for you!

Lot's of stuff arriving for my ramen weekend. Ramen was given to the Japanese by the Chinese so it has everything going for it from my point of view. I've been watching loads of Ramen Youtube and Netflix and Amazon Prime and my biggest challenge is not to do too much and over engineer it. I have lot's of bottles and other things with strange Japanese writing on them. These are my bowls! They are huge,1.1 litres. I might even try and learn how to use chopsticks.

001012042.jpg&height=475&width=475

001012042.A.jpg&height=475&width=475