Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

I know in my head that it is perfectly safe, but there is some nagging doubt somewhere that tells me that if it goes around a bend too quickly and too sharply it is going to split. :D

Jeff... Obviously you are confusing the Silver Spirit (which is perfectly sound) with structural integrity of my pants. After the last SS cruise, I have had serious doubts about their integrity and durability! No going around a bend too quickly with those.

PS. Finished my last weekend on call and now home relaxing. I opened a bottle of Languedoc-Roussillon red to start. We are making a chicken dish which will go with white wine, so I have a Picpoul in the fridge. Yes, starting with red and going to white is a little bit backwards. But the nice red is what I was craving!

sad to see the innards of the Spirit so exposed as she was eviscerated. She deserves more dignity, perhaps a large drape in the colors of Monaco or Italy?

Cute, funny follow-up from Candy. Appreciate Jeff's sharing this story and the well-crafted video. Fascinating and amazing engineering!! When you think of all of the wiring, plumbing, structural, etc., elements, this is world-class "surgery" to do this "cut". And put it back together successfully!!

Having been on the Silver Spirit just nine months ago, it would be interesting to be back on this ship and see the finished product.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Finished June 2017 sailing on the Silver Spirit from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

Jeff... Obviously you are confusing the Silver Spirit (which is perfectly sound) with structural integrity of my pants. After the last SS cruise, I have had serious doubts about their integrity and durability! No going around a bend too quickly with those.

PS. Finished my last weekend on call and now home relaxing. I opened a bottle of Languedoc-Roussillon red to start. We are making a chicken dish which will go with white wine, so I have a Picpoul in the fridge. Yes, starting with red and going to white is a little bit backwards. But the nice red is what I was craving!

Such a great sense of humor above from J.P. Glad you are done with your rounds and preparing for your next adventure. Which location for where you are headed?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 37,590 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Hi coolers..........have some sad news............my one time boss (who worked for the company for nearly 30) years died today.......it was a total shock...........he went into the hospital on Thursday.........for what they thought was a big case of the flu........the next thing you know.......he was transferred to a Hospice and passed away today:(.found out he had a terminal case of cancer........

just one of those things that you never expect......he would come into the office every few months to say hello......(he retired in 2006) but has stayed local........they have a large family and I am sure they are all devastated....this man was always in good shape.......just a real shock.

JP,

Pleased to hear of the Picpoul ... a wine we have in common. And of chicken, I have been marinading some chicken thighs in a reinforced butter milk and I'm hoping for some Southern Fried Chicken tommorow as I've been really fed up with the pre-made stuff we've been buying. It's the first time I will be trying dry batter ie just reinforced flour. That is the joy of cooking, you never master it and there's always lot's to learn.

Enjoy your pre-trip down time.

Have to admit I had this dream last night about the Silver Spirit. Captain goes to the bridge after hearing this loud noise and the junior officer says “Yes Captain! The aft of the ship is astern!” Captain replies “I knew that! What’s the problem?” Junior officer replies “It’s really astern Captain! It’s no longer attached!” I woke up in a sweat and woke my wife to tell her our next cruise will be on the Wind. :o:D

Greetings Coolers! More snow this morning. The pretty lacy stuff and yet....ENOUGH ALREADY!

Today's funny relates to some earlier confusion caused by fear of memory malfunction...

%2521cid_40363C6EA87BE24091F04AB40158FC75%2540namprd20_prod_outlook.jpg

Have a great day all!

G’Day......we have more snow forecast for the weekend M...hopefully not too much!

Electrician in this morning who solved the oven and hob breakdown in ten seconds....I’d accidentally managed to turn off the master switch.....hate these senior moments...and l felt such a fool!!

Farm shop had just baked some steak and ale pies when l called this morning so a tasty lunch beckons.

I shall reserve judgement on the Spirit stretch until l see her in May....😊

Miss Sophia, I don't know if you are remotely interested in Art and architecture, but if you are and assuming the Spirit does indeed dock in Greenwich in May, you might be interested in taking the Naval College tour of the ceiling of the Painted Hall which is currently being restored. You can go up to ceiling level to see the Thornhill paintings up close and personal. It is a fascinating, once in a lifetime, experience if you like that sort of thing and you haven't done this already, of course.

Rp

Good Afternoon Coolers .... from a sunny and pleasant England.

I spent the morning listening to an old friend I'd lost touch with who is in a poor shape. Oh well ...

M, send me some snow ...

JP .... with you it is culture ... with me I'd look for a pub .. and you could be raising a glass for wifey and my birthdays during your visit!

Today's fried chicken was better than expected ...

cf71cdd646cab6c2cf5a6540d3d7b9d0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JP, I think you can only book at the moment up to July but they may release more dates after the summer. I am a volunteer guide at St Paul' Cathedral, hence my interest in Wren and Thornhill so, if Greenwich doesn't work out, or even if it does, and you would like a tour of St Paul's instead or as well, let me know. I am always

happy to bore innocent victims.

Jeff, do you leave the skin on the chicken or take it off?

Rp

RP,

One of the main incentives for me making it myself was to make it with the skin removed. We find wheight control difficult and we feel that calories should be optimised and we sort of think of them as being either valuable calories ie calories that are either good for you or cheer you up or expensive calories ie those that add little to enjoyment for each calorie. So it is always skin off of chicken. :)

AAAGGGHHH! Isn't that what Charlie Brown says in the comics?!...I would be delighted to send ALL of our snow on to anyone who might like it. We just got about 5 more inches .Elizabeth and Bob in Newport, RI are under a blizzard warning...16"+ and high winds.....

I guess chicken is going around today. We're doing just a traditional roast chicken with rice for tonight. Nothing fancy at all (but will have all of it's skin left on....haha!) Will pull some sort of white wine out of the bar fridge....

Keep your shovels dry, coolers!

Nice chicken J. How long did you leave them in the buttermilk?

I love your jokes Mysty, keep them coming.

Cooler autumn mornings here now. Trees are starting to turn.

Bring a jacket for early mornings JP.

I saw 2 movies while in Melbourne over the weekend. I love going by myself which some friends don’t understand.

Enjoyed them both-

"Three billboards outside Ebbing."

"Lady Bird". I was sorry my daughter wasn’t with me, we would have had a laugh at some of the tension between Mother and teenage daughter.

She is now a few years off 50 and admits she was a "handful"!

She reminded me that I once replied when she said I didn’t love her - I will always love you, I just don’t like you much right at the moment!!

I have to say we are good friends now and she completely understands why I said that.

Jill...I will have to see Lady Bird. My daughter and I have a love/strong dislike relationship and I have said the same thing as you did when she said she hated me. Trials and tribs of motherhood! :)