Kilt vs. Pants

DirtyDawg

But there goes my mind.........what is under the kilt? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A neighbor (and good friend) wore his kilt to a formal holiday cocktail party a few years ago. I thought he looked great! I teased him about the old routine on TV (on Candid Camera I think?) - the guy in a kilt had climbed a ladder and the females passing by on the sidewalk were trying to see what he wore under it. Anyway, so I teased our friend and asked him what he was wearing under his kilt.

He gave me a big smile and replied, "Lipstick!" :o

Judy

Scotty, Thank You for the information and Tapadh leibh to everyone who posted! :D

And Tapadh Leat to mistermash for the Scottish lesson.

I have been wearing my kilt for many years now on our cruises. It is the USAF Reserve Tartan. I am a born Scotsman and served 24 years in the USAF. I have two clan tartans I can wear due to family affiliation but chose the USAF one. You may choose to wear any tartan you like as there are no rules about that.

I used the Edinburgh company in the link to order my complete outfit. I chose an Argyll jacket, sporran, socks w/flashes and the 16oz Balmoral kilt as it is lighter for wearing in the Caribbean. I also got a plastic sgian dubh.

The website also has videos on proper wear.

https://www.scotweb.co.uk/

I love seeing a man dressed in a full dress kilt outfit. My husband is of Scottish-Irish ancestry, and loves wearing a kilt. He hasn’t taken one on a cruise yet because they’re bulky and take a lot of room in luggage, but he’s considering one for our May cruise out of Bayonne, since luggage isn’t an issue.

But there goes my mind.........what is under the kilt? emoji848.png

If you are a true Scotsman......you wear nothing under the kilt :halo:

The question is, What is worn under the kilt?

The answer should be, Absolutely nothing. It's all in perfect working condition.

Yeah, I'm married to a Scot.

Just do it. Again, they are awesome! Like someone said, you will have to research the clan. Went on a European cruise several years ago, and I would say 25-30% of the men were wearing them. It is great to see people embracing who they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The question is, What is worn under the kilt?

The answer should be, Absolutely nothing. It's all in perfect working condition.

Yeah, I'm married to a Scot.

I love it...great response! I say wear the kilt. they look awesome. :)

A neighbor (and good friend) wore his kilt to a formal holiday cocktail party a few years ago. I thought he looked great! I teased him about the old routine on TV (on Candid Camera I think?) - the guy in a kilt had climbed a ladder and the females passing by on the sidewalk were trying to see what he wore under it. Anyway, so I teased our friend and asked him what he was wearing under his kilt.

He gave me a big smile and replied, "Lipstick!" :o

Judy

[emoji106][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums