Questions about check in times and bringing on water

Katwoman007

This is the information provided about our check in times for our 11/21 cruise:

12:30 PM - Baja & Lido Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with B & L 1:15 PM - Emerald & Dolphin Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with E & D 2:00 PM - Caribe & Plaza Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with C & P 2:45 PM - Aloha & Riviera Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with A & R

The reason I am posting is because I have seen people talk about going early. Would the earliest be 12:30 that check in starts for this cruise?

Also, I could have sworn I saw we could bring our own non-alcoholic beverages in our luggage. My inlaws stated when they brought a case of water, it was denied and they had to take it back to their parked car (vs it being taken by security). Any help on this? I drink Hint water, which is clearly marked as a flavored water.

I am new to Princess and my last cruise was so long ago I believe the ship is retired. hahaha! Thanks!

You can pre-purchase water to be delivered to your cabin. Price is good too, works out to something like 50 cents a bottle.

I do not have gazillion cruises like the rest of people on this board. But I've yet to be turned away from checking in because I came in early. You may need to wait a bit for boarding, but nothing too crazy. The times posted are "recommended" check-in times, based on Princess' trying to load-balance their checkin personnel and to kind of spread the stream of people.

Edit: Missed flavored water. So feel free to ignore "pre-purchase your water to be delivered" but it's still a good tip for anyone wanting plain water.

Thanks!! So, the posted start time is the earliest, correct?

I did look at the regular bottled water option as well. I mean, I do not HAVE to have flavored, but it is just something I love. My inlaws caught me off guard last night telling me they were denied bringing on their own water. They swear it was a Princess cruise too. 18 days to go and I am trying to get my stuff going here!! lol

You can probably check in and board earlier. Just don't show up at 9am and expect to walk onboard. They still need to clean the ship, clean rooms, drag people who are having trouble ending their vacation off the ship and so on.

In all my Princess cruises, I was given a boarding group card. Just a card with a number. And check-in agent didn't really care which location on the ship you have. I was given boarding card from same stack as people who are checking in next to me in completely different area on a ship. They run out of Group X and start Group Y, and so on.

This is the information provided about our check in times for our 11/21 cruise:

12:30 PM - Baja & Lido Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with B & L 1:15 PM - Emerald & Dolphin Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with E & D 2:00 PM - Caribe & Plaza Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with C & P 2:45 PM - Aloha & Riviera Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with A & R

The reason I am posting is because I have seen people talk about going early. Would the earliest be 12:30 that check in starts for this cruise?

Also, I could have sworn I saw we could bring our own non-alcoholic beverages in our luggage. My inlaws stated when they brought a case of water, it was denied and they had to take it back to their parked car (vs it being taken by security). Any help on this? I drink Hint water, which is clearly marked as a flavored water.

I am new to Princess and my last cruise was so long ago I believe the ship is retired. hahaha! Thanks!

Believe you are boarding in either Ft. Lauderdale or San Pedro as these are the only Princess cruises I see which embark on Nov 21st. Both ports have roughly the same boarding process. The information you mention regarding staggered boarding is a suggestion. Boarding works this way.

If you wish to be one of the first to board:

Arrive between 10:30 and 11am. Once through security you are guided to check in. After check in you will be shown upstairs to a waiting area. There you will be grouped in order of arrival. Around 11:30/noon boarding will begin with priority boarders, followed by general boarding by group in order of arrival. If you arrive as mentioned you should be on board by 12:30. Go directly to your cabin, it will be ready.

If you wish to avoid most lines and most waiting arrive after 1pm.

You are permitted to carry on as much water and other non alcoholic beverage as you like. You can also place a luggage tag on a case of water and send it through as checked baggage. The problem with checking the case is that you might be asked to go to a room where you will have to open some bottles to prove they are actually water. Did your in-laws sail on a Princess ship? Some other lines do not allow water.

May I suggest you look into the bottled water package in the cruise personlizer. You can purchase 12 x 500ml bottles for $6.90 (58 cents/bottle). The price is good and you don't have to carry it. You can only get this package if you pre-order it. If you want it flavored bring along a small bottle of flavoring.

Ahh, no. At most US ports you can arrive around 10 AM. Check-in usually starts around 11 AM and hadnicap/suites/Elite generally start boarding around 11:30. The times are a rough guess, subject to change depending on other things that could be happening (such as a Trans-Atlantic crossing, B2B passengers who don't get off when they're supposed to, Norovirus deep cleaning).

I did look at the regular bottled water option as well. I mean, I do not HAVE to have flavored, but it is just something I love. My inlaws caught me off guard last night telling me they were denied bringing on their own water. They swear it was a Princess cruise too. 18 days to go and I am trying to get my stuff going here!! lol

Must have been some other cruise line, AFAIK Princess has ALWAYS allowed as much water/soda as you want to schlep to the port. But don't put it in your suitcase. Slap a luggage tag on a case or 6-12-24 pack or keep it with your carry on stuff.

Seen some passengers lugging a plastic case of 500ml bottled water. But with the cheap price for online purchase, it is more practical for us to buy it online. Price not applicable for onboard purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Believe you are boarding in either Ft. Lauderdale or San Pedro as these are the only Princess cruises I see which embark on Nov 21st. Both ports have roughly the same boarding process. The information you mention regarding staggered boarding is a suggestion. Boarding works this way.

If you wish to be one of the first to board:

Arrive between 10:30 and 11am. Once through security you are guided to check in. After check in you will be shown upstairs to a waiting area. There you will be grouped in order of arrival. Around 11:30/noon boarding will begin with priority boarders, followed by general boarding by group in order of arrival. If you arrive as mentioned you should be on board by 12:30. Go directly to your cabin, it will be ready.

If you wish to avoid most lines and most waiting arrive after 1pm.

You are permitted to carry on as much water and other non alcoholic beverage as you like. You can also place a luggage tag on a case of water and send it through as checked baggage. The problem with checking the case is that you might be asked to go to a room where you will have to open some bottles to prove they are actually water. Did your in-laws sail on a Princess ship? Some other lines do not allow water.

May I suggest you look into the bottled water package in the cruise personlizer. You can purchase 12 x 500ml bottles for $6.90 (58 cents/bottle). The price is good and you don't have to carry it. You can only get this package if you pre-order it. If you want it flavored bring along a small bottle of flavoring.

We are here in SoCal, so San Pedro. :) I most likely will order a case and bring just a few of my favorite brands with us. I just need a few cans of sprite if I am not feeling well. I am guessing Gatorade should be okay to bring as well? I guess I could always bring my electrolyte tablets instead. :D

I did look at the regular bottled water option as well. I mean, I do not HAVE to have flavored, but it is just something I love. My inlaws caught me off guard last night telling me they were denied bringing on their own water. They swear it was a Princess cruise too. 18 days to go and I am trying to get my stuff going here!! lol[/quote. You should be able to arrive at port earlier than 12:30. I arrive about 11:00 and usually on board shortly after 12 and can go straight to cabin. You are allowed to bring water and sodas onboard I think they need to go with checked luggage or prepay for 12 pack and bring flavoring packets to add to that water.

I'm a Mountain Dew drinker and that's not available on the ship so I take some onboard. You can check your grocery store to see if Hint offers packets to add to plain water (some brands do) but if not, it shouldn't be any problem bringing your favorite brand as long as unopened.

It could be that your in-laws mixed up which ship they were on...you're be surprised at how many people are that knowledgeable about which ship they were on. At some party, I once told a couple which Princess ship they were on earlier in the summer, narrowing it down from which port and day of the week they started their Alaskan cruise. They really didn't remember.

I'm a Mountain Dew drinker and that's not available on the ship so I take some onboard. You can check your grocery store to see if Hint offers packets to add to plain water (some brands do) but if not' date=' it shouldn't be any problem bringing your favorite brand as long as unopened.

It could be that your in-laws mixed up which ship they were on...you're be surprised at how many people are that knowledgeable about which ship they were on. At some party, I once told a couple which Princess ship they were on earlier in the summer, narrowing it down from which port and day of the week they started their Alaskan cruise. They really didn't remember.[/quote']

True.. the inlaws are a bit older :'):') I can bring some Mio- which is flavoring stuff for water and just a couple bottles rather than a case (they are hard to find). Then just order from the ship before. Sounds easier. lol

we have always taped our luggage tags to the case of water and left it with the porters and our bigger checked luggage. We also run some extra tape around the case to ensure it will stay together but have never had it turned down and it always shows up in our room. Just did this on the Crown princess out of Quebec, have done it out of Florida, NY, LA and Houston and never had an issue with taping our luggage tags to the case and sending it through with the checked bags.