Night of the Living Drunks: Our 2017 Halloween cruise aboard the Carnival Dream!

watermelonqueen99

Tuesday, October 31st, 2017, Sea Day #2, Continued:

Kinda out of order, but here are some of the carved pumpkins at the Lido buffet. Sorry for the poor quality of the photos. C took these pics with his 300 year old Galaxy S3, the same phone George Washington had. He refuses to upgrade to a newer phone because he thinks the government uses the fancy new-fangled phones to spy on us:

38469944911_f39c1c56f2_k.jpg

38469952021_742b6d640b_k.jpg

38469959091_01a0ef7863_k.jpg

Tuesday, October 31st, 2017, Sea Day #2 Continued:

Sorry for the previous short post, I had a glitch. After we got our pics of the decorations, we ran back to the room to grab something. I would like to note here that despite everything I had read beforehand, the crew did not enforce the "fire resistant only" door decorations. We saw many plastic and paper decorations. I was bummed, because I really wanted to decorate our door, but couldn't really find any fireproof stuff. I would also like to take the time to say thank you to whosoever room this was. You helped drunk, no sense of direction me find my cabin many times. I knew that coming around from the elevators, at this door, I just had to go left and walk a little ways to find my home. Not all heroes wear capes:

26729219709_5f099b4828_k.jpg

We spent the afternoon hopping back and forth between the Atrium and the Ocean Plaza. Again, we were so disappointed in the lack of activities. We did some more people watching and card playing, but we just weren't feeling it. There was just nothing going on, and we were actually bored. Eventually, we headed up to Lido for a healthy salad. Well, it was kind of a salad. It was shredded lettuce, some protein, two large croutons. (FINE, it was another Guy's burger.) After that, we played Halloween trivia. The questions were kinda off the wall, and we only got a handful right. However, I did write down all the right answers, and I'm taking my cheat sheet all the way to the Glory out of Miami next Halloween, because my only goal in life (other than gracing the cover of Imbibe Magazine, preferably in the nude, holding a solo cup,) is to win a ship on a stick.

I'm sure you're all wondering (not really) about the lack of day drinking. We knew that since it was Halloween, it was gonna be a long night, and we were trying to save our drinks. Usually by the third night, we've connected with at least one bartender, and our drinks would normally have become very generous. Despite our engaging and tipping extra as always, this just wasn't the case this time, so we were slowing our roll. Late afternoon, we decided to get a couple XO martinis (in a regular glass so we didn't spill one precious drop). They were delicious. We took our drinks to the empty piano bar and took in the beautiful view:

38448192711_35e6ba4627_k.jpg

Eventually, we went to change into our costumes. I won't post a pic, because my costume was pretty unique, and since I have to protect our identity per the CIA, I can't expose myself. (I'm not even gonna, that joke is too easy.) I loved my costume and got a lot of compliments on it, and even posed for a few pics. I felt so glamorous, like my favorite actress Jenna Jameson on the red carpet at the AVN awards.

I know that a lot of you were probably hoping for a bunch of Halloween night pics, but without having permission from my fellow passengers, I will not post pictures out of respect for privacy. But I will say there were some really awesome costumes. A group of ladies in bath towels and shower caps. A group of people who were a six pack of Corona. An "elderly" couple who tore up the dance floor. But the grown man dressed in nothing but a baby mask and an adult diaper, who carried around a baby bottle full of beer, had to be one of the most terrifying and at the same time most hilarious costumes we've ever seen. Some things cannot be unseen, I'm just gonna say that.

The costume meet and greet with Chris the CD was fun but pure CHAOS. So many people, you literally could not move. Since Chris is a public figure of sorts, I feel like I can post a pic of him. Here's a very blurry picture of Chris the Flying Scotsman as the Joker:

26697105659_6bf268a039_k.jpg

Since it was so crowded and chaotic, and I get ragey when people bump into me and make me spill alcohol, we decided to run up to Lido and grab a bite to eat before heading to the piano bar. We would normally never eat this late, but we knew we were in for a long night. The only edible thing on this plate ended up being the baked potato. I felt the ghost of my late granny whack me with her "pocketbook" for even trying fried chicken off the buffet:

38441004392_f10c58a59e_k.jpg

Afterward, we headed to the piano bar. I cannot adequately describe how much fun Ben is. We closed the bar down with him again:

37619843625_c04323b1e5_z.jpg

After reaching our daily Cheers goal, and although I don't remember actually doing so, we somehow made it back to the room. I passed out, and dreamed that the ship had been taken over by giant babies with hairy chests.

Up next, the FunTimes for Halloween.

I was VERY excited to see this review, as your review of the Freedom was hysterical. I'm not sure MY liver has yet survived that review. So far, this one is just as good. I just got a little giddy when I saw you say you're going to be on the Glory. Unfortunately, I only had to read two more words - "next Halloween," before my bubble burst. We'll be flying to Miami next June to sail on the Glory. It would have been impressive to watch all of the drinking in person. Unfortunately for me, I can't partake in the Cheers program, as my wife doesn't drink. I'd have to spend the gross domestic product of a small country to buy 15 drinks a day!

Looking forward to the rest of this review.

I was VERY excited to see this review, as your review of the Freedom was hysterical. I'm not sure MY liver has yet survived that review. So far, this one is just as good. I just got a little giddy when I saw you say you're going to be on the Glory. Unfortunately, I only had to read two more words - "next Halloween," before my bubble burst. We'll be flying to Miami next June to sail on the Glory. It would have been impressive to watch all of the drinking in person. Unfortunately for me, I can't partake in the Cheers program, as my wife doesn't drink. I'd have to spend the gross domestic product of a small country to buy 15 drinks a day!

Looking forward to the rest of this review.

My apologies to your liver for that last review! :D Thanks for reading, lots more to come!

Sorry for the previous short post, I had a glitch. After we got our pics of the decorations, we ran back to the room to grab something. I would like to note here that despite everything I had read beforehand, the crew did not enforce the "fire resistant only" door decorations. We saw many plastic and paper decorations. I was bummed, because I really wanted to decorate our door, but couldn't really find any fireproof stuff. I would also like to take the time to say thank you to whosoever room this was. You helped drunk, no sense of direction me find my cabin many times. I knew that coming around from the elevators, at this door, I just had to go left and walk a little ways to find my home. Not all heroes wear capes:

We spent the afternoon hopping back and forth between the Atrium and the Ocean Plaza. Again, we were so disappointed in the lack of activities. We did some more people watching and card playing, but we just weren't feeling it. There was just nothing going on, and we were actually bored. Eventually, we headed up to Lido for a healthy salad. Well, it was kind of a salad. It was shredded lettuce, some protein, two large croutons. (FINE, it was another Guy's burger.) After that, we played Halloween trivia. The questions were kinda off the wall, and we only got a handful right. However, I did write down all the right answers, and I'm taking my cheat sheet all the way to the Glory out of Miami next Halloween, because my only goal in life (other than gracing the cover of Imbibe Magazine, preferably in the nude, holding a solo cup,) is to win a ship on a stick.

So, I have not ever been on the Dream, but the title is why I am reading this review and it has been hystrical so far. Loving every bit of it. Then to my surprise I see the sentence above! Guess we will be sailing together next year on the Glory at Halloween together! We always get the Cheers too and our daily goal is to get to 15. Looking forward to cruising with you and C.

So, I have not ever been on the Dream, but the title is why I am reading this review and it has been hystrical so far. Loving every bit of it. Then to my surprise I see the sentence above! Guess we will be sailing together next year on the Glory at Halloween together! We always get the Cheers too and our daily goal is to get to 15. Looking forward to cruising with you and C.

Awesome! See ya on the Glory! :D Thanks for reading, glad you're enjoying it!

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay! I am having such a hard time with the FunTimes, I'm just not gonna be able to post them. If you have a specific question about activities, restaurant times, etc, feel free to ask.

I'm home today with a back injury (that's the last time I swing from that homemade trapeze that C rigged up above our bed :mad:), so I'm taking it easy, watching wholesome, educational TV (The Maury Show), and taking all-natural pain medication (organic vodka), so I should be able to crank out a couple new installments.

Stay tuned for our day in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

I'm off this week, too, and trying to live up to the heavy quantities of alcohol as described in your daily goal. I was introduced to a new drink today after golf by a 70+ year old buddy of my dad. I have a long way to go t keep with the below ( it's a lot better than it looks):

Jose Cuervo Gold

Triple Sec

Mango purée

Sweet & Sour

Mango habanero

I'm off this week, too, and trying to live up to the heavy quantities of alcohol as described in your daily goal. I was introduced to a new drink today after golf by a 70+ year old buddy of my dad. I have a long way to go t keep with the below ( it's a lot better than it looks):

Jose Cuervo Gold

Triple Sec

Mango purée

Sweet & Sour

Mango habanero

You can do it, I have faith! :D And you can't go wrong with my old friend Jose. Lol

Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, Montego Bay, Jamaica:

Lawd jay-sus, my internet is busted today. Let's try this again: This was the port I was looking forward to the most. I know a lot of people throw shade at Jamaica, but it's one of our favorite stops. Unfortunately, their government is full of corrupt asshats (I also just accurately described our own government here in the US), resulting in poor economic conditions and residents who are desperate for money. But if you can look beyond that, it really is a gorgeous island. We skipped breakfast because we were going back to one of our favorite all-inclusives: the Hilton Rose Hall Resort, and we didn't want to be full. We got off the ship to try and find our Resort for a Day representative. We had a completely smooth experience with them in 2014, as we simply walked through the terminal and the rep was holding a sign in the taxi area. But things have changed in the terminal, and nobody could tell us where we needed to be. We got sent from one place to another. We didn't see any RFAD signs. We ended up getting on a taxi because the guy swore it was the right one. We flagged down someone else, and he said it wasn't the right taxi. So we got out, and since I'm about as patient as a hungry toddler, I was getting really frustrated. We pay up to go to this place, and we were losing what precious little time we were going to get to spend there. I did attempt to snap an artsy pic of the ship through the trees, but it ended up looking like a drunk person took it. (Which is actually pretty accurate, since I was still buzzed from the night before.):

37837055624_990cb2a1fc_k.jpg

Finally, a lady shows up from RFAD, all flustered. Apparently they gave her the wrong time to be at the port. So we finally get on the road to the Hilton. We had a fairly quick, albeit scary, ride over to the Hilton. Check-in was easy, although that since the resort is undergoing some construction we had a little bit of trouble figuring out how to get outside, since they didn't bother to tell us how. We finally made our way outside and took in this beautiful view:

38553433561_60f9798a10_k.jpg

Another view of the giant, beautiful pool:

38553425411_5fc1b75599_k.jpg

We spotted some gazebo-looking things, so we headed toward them:

38553415811_613d459509_k.jpg

I wouldn't be mad if someone forced me to just sit here forever:

38553385471_e9ab2b0fa7_k.jpg

We were the only people there, so we were so excited that we wouldn't have to interact with other humans before we had a drink:

26777444549_57714b1633_k.jpg

To be continued......

OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh.....I was all settled in for some "watermelon tv" time and now I will just have to unsettle myself!

It's okay....I know the back pain thing all to well....and sometimes you just can't stay focused for very long.

I'll just jut out my lower lip....and wait like a good girl. Hope you feel better soon, but take it easy and stay off of that d%$m swing!

I have a question about one of the Playlist shows. Do you remember if "Flick" was one of the shows in the theatre on your cruise? We're hoping it will be on the Dream when we sail in January!

Flick was on the Dream that week. Of all the shows, it was my least favorite because of the interpretive dance thread that ran thru it all. My wife liked it, but it wasn't her favorite either.