Electric Kettle

sebasco

Kettles are provided on itineraries sailing out of Southampton, which Infinity is not, so do not expect a kettle to be available.

Personal travel kettles are on the forbidden list. Various passengers have reported success in bringing them on despite this, but others have had them confiscated.

From the FAQ

Q.What items are prohibited on board?

A.Items with Heating Elements or Open Flames

Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted on ship. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed.

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles & Incense
  • Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • **Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages

Note:

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.

We have asked on the Equinox and Solstice if it was possible to have a kettle in the room and on both cruises they have provided us with one.

Ask your butler on boarding and see, nothing to loose. If they can’t they will always provide tea and coffee in the room quickly for you...

Have a great cruise!

Note:

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.

Regularly combine cruises out of Florida with fishing trips in the Keys. I have my tackle packed complete with bait and filleting knives. Someone ALWAYS goes through my tackle box but leaves both in there every time. I fully expect to have them confiscated but it never happens.

I wonder if common sense prevails and they can clearly see why they're there?

So since they have them available on Southampton cruises, stands to reason the kettles are stored away somewhere. Yes, I've seen them actually in the cabin. Under the bed, in the cabinet at the very back, at the very top of the closet shelf behind the life preservers. And you can ask for one.

So since they have them available on Southampton cruises, stands to reason the kettles are stored away somewhere. Yes, I've seen them actually in the cabin. Under the bed, in the cabinet at the very back, at the very top of the closet shelf behind the life preservers. And you can ask for one.

I don't know if the practice continues but, several years ago, the kettles [or perhaps, most of them] were reportedly stored in a Southampton warehouse upon Eclipse's departure for the Fall Transatlantic to Florida and were returned to the ship upon arrival in England following the Spring Transatlantic...

On joining Constellation in Singapore in February our Butler asked if we would like a kettle. Of course we agreed and he provided a tray with a kettle cups,, saucers, tea bags, etc. and small cartons of milk for the fridge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On joining Constellation in Singapore in February our Butler asked if we would like a kettle. Of course we agreed and he provided a tray with a kettle cups,, saucers, tea bags, etc. and small cartons of milk for the fridge.

Well yeah, but for us commoners in the bilge decks we have to ask. :D

I've read on other X threads that folks have asked their cabin stewards and voila`! So, ask your cabin steward.

I asked on our Eclipse March 2013 Southern Caribbean cruise. Our cabin steward said they would be in storage in Miami, so I went to Guest Relations and was told the same.

However, on returning to our cabin, there was a kettle, complete with tea tray.

I always take my little travel kettle and have never had a problem. Been in a sky suite and they are not provided as standard but never asked.

Glad that you think that safety rules do not apply to you.

DON

Thanks for your constructive criticism there DON! P & O and Princess provide kettles for tea and coffee making facilities which is nice for guests who have mobility issues and maybe aren’t keen on making a long walk to the restaurant for their first morning cuppa. I can’t see a problem with that.

I can’t see a problem with that.

The problem is 'Health & Safety.'

All electrical items provided by the ship have gone through safety tests.

If you bring your own electric kettle/ iron on board, the ship haven't passed it as 'safe' and fires have been known to start.

Rules are in place for the safety of everyone.

Thanks for your constructive criticism there DON! P & O and Princess provide kettles for tea and coffee making facilities which is nice for guests who have mobility issues and maybe aren’t keen on making a long walk to the restaurant for their first morning cuppa. I can’t see a problem with that.

I agree that mobility issues can make walking for your first morning cuppa hard...I do understand that for many guests with mobility/health issues a cuppa in bed with meds’ can be the most sensible way to start the day! A year with a temporary mobility issue has taught me that...

However, I must agree with others, however, that bringing your own kettle on board is not the answer. I am almost sure if you contact accessibility at Celebrity pre cruise stating you mobility issues and wish for a kettle they would prioritise you above those of us who just like the convenience. Alternatively, just order through room service.

The problem is 'Health & Safety.'

All electrical items provided by the ship have gone through safety tests.

If you bring your own electric kettle/ iron on board, the ship haven't passed it as 'safe' and fires have been known to start.

Rules are in place for the safety of everyone.

Problem is also electrical load. A few years ago someone put on this board an interesting post about how the electrical systems on the ships are set up. The post was very informative and explained the problems very clearly. I've tried several times to find it but with no luck.

Problem is also electrical load. A few years ago someone put on this board an interesting post about how the electrical systems on the ships are set up. The post was very informative and explained the problems very clearly. I've tried several times to find it but with no luck.

I would think that electrical load was more of a factor if Celebrity didn’t supply all cabins with a kettle for cruises from UK ports. The electrical load doesn’t appear to be a problem for those cruises.

I would think that electrical load was more of a factor if Celebrity didn’t supply all cabins with a kettle for cruises from UK ports. The electrical load doesn’t appear to be a problem for those cruises.

Just passing on info that I wish I could find and it sounded very reasonable from someone who knew what they were talking about. Even provided schematics. Perhaps in UK they make some reductions to pick up the load.

The difference if you do not understand it is that the ones supplied by the ship are safety tested. Is yours? I really doubt it.

DON