Cove balcony

jayowl

Cove balconies are awesome - more private and very close to the water - great views and 'sighting' (we saw a huge old turtle swimming by!). Also protected from the elements...

You just need to be careful of the location of your cove - and try not to be under the galley as they start working there very early in the a.m. which can cause some noise- under the dining room is preferable if possible!

The cove balconies are on deck 2 on Dream Class ships and Vista Class. I am unsure if the stateroom size is any different but the balconies are bigger than the balcony I had on the Conquest. you can walk around the chairs. The balcony is deeper. You might have ocean spray on the chair or the rail but unless it is a storm, there won't be much. You are only about 20-30 above the water.

Like a previous poster said, look at the deck plans and stay away from being under the galley.I will get one again in a heartbeat

We had one on the Breeze under the dining room close to the mid-ship elevators. Absolutely loved it.

It is partially shaded, at least on the Dream class, by the lifeboats above.

My granddaughter and I both liked it better than the aft-extended balconies we had sailed in previously.

As others have said, they are somewhat sheltered from too much sun, perfect for reading or just watching the water. They aren't convenient to the upper decks, but only one or two floors from the MDR. And super convenient when coming back after a day in port, only two floors from your room. Ours was quiet, we never heard our neighbors all week.

I’m midship I don’t know where that is in regards to that. But I appreciate the information.

P.S I have a young child who will help them wake me up as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When choosing your cabin, regardless of which type (interior, ocean view, balcony, etc.), study the deck plans carefully to determine what is above you, below you, across from you, or on either side of you. Using specific points such as stairways and elevators as references helps when choosing the cabin you'd like to have. Unfortunately, the only thing you don't have much of a choice with is whether or not you have noisy neighbors.

Just remember, if the weather is bad, they can block your access to the balcony.

Unless you're limited as to when you can cruise, May is an excellent time to book a cruise, especially for the Caribbean. The weather is about as perfect as you can get.

If anyone in your party suffers from motion sickness, a cove may not be the best idea. You are so very close to the ocean whizzing by that balcony it could bother some, and if seas get rough, some waves could hit your balcony.

If no one has motion issues, then a cove can be wonderful, just ask your cabin steward to wipe off any salt on the chairs or railing.

I had a Cove Balcony booked on the Dream in March and at the last minute to accommodate an extra person ended up moving to a deck six balcony. We experienced very rough sea days coming and going and water was spraying us with every wave on deck six. My wife pointed out that our Cove Balcony would have been useless for three days, but I wondered if they were even open. Do they close off your Cove Balcony in rough weather?