Celebrity Gift Guide

Lisah101

I read that you could win it, not buy it. They are just showing the retail value of the prize. Which of course it what you would pay taxes on.

Of course when it goes live, we may see that the prizes are actually the gifts implied by “Gift Guide.” In that case, you nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they will be for purchase - saw this on their Instagram site:

• celebritycruisesIntroducing the #CelebrityGiftGuide – a collection of our 25 most unique and exciting holiday gift ideas, each hand-selected by our experts, with you in mind! A curated assortment of our very best offerings, the Celebrity Gift Guide features something special for everyone on your list - including you!

• But there’s a twist! As a token of our appreciation for you, every day from Dec 1-25, you’ll have a chance to enter to WIN a gift from our Gift Guide.

• Starting Friday, December 1, 2017 at 12pm ET, see link in bio for your daily chance to enter. #CelebrateWithCelebrity and best of luck!

How horrible is the first day's prize? A free cruise but it's in less than 3 weeks and you have to pay to fly.... at Christmas time.... with almost no advanced purchase. If you can get a flight to San Juan, you'll likely pay thousands. And you still have to pay for gratuities and beverages. Hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but no thanks! That free cruise would end up costing more than it would have had I booked it myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

How horrible is the first day's prize? A free cruise but it's in less than 3 weeks and you have to pay to fly.... at Christmas time.... with almost no advanced purchase. If you can get a flight to San Juan, you'll likely pay thousands. And you still have to pay for gratuities and beverages. Hate to look a gift horse in the mouth but no thanks! That free cruise would end up costing more than it would have had I booked it myself.

Kinda sounds like trying to put a spin on dumping unsold rooms. Maybe the others will be better (trying for optimism)

If you are already Elite + do they downgrade you for a year

Are you serious? Ya I'm sure that is what they'll do. Meanwhile for the many that are not fortunate enough to be Elite (like me), pick me please.

That said, it shows open to Canadian's but it will only accept a US state and US postal code, both of which are required, so many can't even enter until they fix that. Sucks.

Do you have to enter daily, or does entering once cover each daily drawing?

Rules say enter once ...anything more is subject to disqualification. One entry person/email. For you own assurance I would read the rules in case I am reading them wrong but pretty sure I read once only.

Edited to add what it says in the rules:

An entrant will receive no more than one (1) entry per Entry Period during the Promotion Period. Ifmore than one (1) entry is received from the same person, telephone number and/or e-mail addressduring an Entry Period, the entries may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified.

It also says there will be opportunity to get additional entries if sharing on FB or Twitter which I guess it will show after you enter for those luck to get it to work. :(

Edited by poffles

That said, it shows open to Canadian's but it will only accept a US state and US postal code, both of which are required, so many can't even enter until they fix that. Sucks.

Typical Celebrity. No customer link either, to ask them to fix it.

Typical Celebrity. No customer link either, to ask them to fix it.

I submitted a request on the link under Customer Support on the contest page. Now wait and see if hear anything back or if it is magically fixed. I know the chance of winning anything are slim even if entered but hate when things don't function as presented. :confused:

p - I thought about that as well, my take is, it is inconvenient for me to accept a sailing that quickly approaching with the holiday season at hand and plans already in place. Not a sailing that I would drop everything to take...

LOL It 'usually' takes me at least four (4) months to plan out a sailing I want as it is now.

We would need to already be in Florida, Georgia or PR to take advantage of this prize. Were I to win it, most certainly they would have to select another winner... :D

bon voyage

I know this doesn't go live until noon today (EST), but does this imply you can "buy" someone elite status for a year?

Celebrity Gift Guide

I must not have had enough coffee yet this afternoon.

Is there really a Celebrity Gift Guide that I can peruse and order from?

Why have a promotion and sweepstakes, but not make the promoted product available?

Please take pity on this dunce and let me know what I missed.

TIA.

Yay it has province now. Must have been down just now to fix it based on my support email. Impressed.

Canada can enter now, at least it now works for me.

So confusing though as upon entering the message says return daily??? Contradicts the rules understanding of one entry during the contest period. Soooo confused.

The page does now work, was able to enter. Still not clear if we are supposed to enter daily, the email I received didn't really clear up my questions. Ahh....this is a nice Christmas promo wish they would be more clear.

Thanks for entering today. Good luck!

Return daily through December 25, 2017 for your chance to win!

Good luck!

I met one of the head IT guys for Celebrity on my last cruise and he sure was tooting his own horn. He even went so far as to criticize Princess's IT endevours. I didn't say anything ... but if he only knew how we all talked about the ever horrible Celebrity website.... well, well!! :eek: