New York to Welcome New Cruise Ship, MSC Meraviglia, in 2019

LauraS

I did not know that is possible. I thought cruises book onboard must be new???

Just book a new cruise onboard then go home and cancel the old one you booked online. Or cancel your existing booking just prior to embarkation and immediately rebook it onboard. I don't see why it won't work.

I did not realize you could book before today so was surprised to see fantastica experience sold out ! We booked yacht club balcony on deck 16, very happy with that. We were on Meraviglia in October, yacht club also and loved it. To the person saying inside yacht club cabins sold out, our travel agent offered us one today but we prefer balcony. I am very excited! Will be on Seaside march 10 for 2 weeks then October 8 for 10 nights.

I did not realize you could book before today so was surprised to see fantastica experience sold out ! We booked yacht club balcony on deck 16, very happy with that. We were on Meraviglia in October, yacht club also and loved it. To the person saying inside yacht club cabins sold out, our travel agent offered us one today but we prefer balcony. I am very excited! Will be on Seaside march 10 for 2 weeks then October 8 for 10 nights.

That was me...good to know! Could it be sold out on MSC website because the cabins are allocated to certain travel agencies???? I have no idea.

That was me...good to know! Could it be sold out on MSC website because the cabins are allocated to certain travel agencies???? I have no idea.

actually no one is stating what sailing they are booked on - there are 2 Canada New England cruises, followed by a 13 night caribbean positioning cruise on the 28th of October, 2019 - if it is the caribbean cruise you were seeking, there were inside YC available yesterday - not sure on the Canada/New England cruises however...

actually no one is stating what sailing they are booked on - there are 2 Canada New England cruises, followed by a 13 night caribbean positioning cruise on the 28th of October, 2019 - if it is the caribbean cruise you were seeking, there were inside YC available yesterday - not sure on the Canada/New England cruises however...

Any idea as to when booking for the Caribbean sailings from Miami (Winter 2019 - 2020) will open? Will try to book a YC balcony suite before prices go up.

Ok that makes sense.

We are interested in the NE Cruise.

I wonder if it can be booked when we go on Seaside in February.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be Seaside in 2 weeks. I want to book while onboard to get the future cruise OBC.

FUTURE CRUISE PROGRAM

Book your next cruise while on board & get up to $200 to spend on board!Reduced Deposit + Shipboard Credit* + Double Points

The best time too book your next cruise is when you're on board! When your sailing with us, visit the Future Cruise Consultant to book your next cruise to receive amazing rates and shipboard credit towards your next cruise!

• BEST PRICE GUARANTEE: Book now & if you find a cheaper price later, we will match it
  • FLEXIBIILTY: Change your reservation to suit your needs prior to final payment
  • COMBINE & SAVE: Combine offer with MSC Voyagers Club exclusive savings
  • BOOK EARLY: Choose from the best selection of staterooms and suites
  • REDUCED DEPOSIT: Have a reduced deposit as low as $50 per stateroom
  • DOUBLE POINTS: Earn Double MSC Voyagers Club points

Receive up to $200 shipboard credit per stateroom:

• Interior Stateroom: $50 USD/Euro
  • Ocean View Stateroom: $75 USD/Euro
  • Balcony Stateroom: $100 USD/Euro
  • Suite: $150 USD/Euro
  • MSC Yacht Club: $200 USD/Euro

We will be Seaside in 2 weeks. I want to book while onboard to get the future cruise OBC.

FUTURE CRUISE PROGRAM

Book your next cruise while on board & get up to $200 to spend on board!Reduced Deposit + Shipboard Credit* + Double Points

The best time too book your next cruise is when you're on board! When your sailing with us, visit the Future Cruise Consultant to book your next cruise to receive amazing rates and shipboard credit towards your next cruise!

•  
  • BEST PRICE GUARANTEE: Book now & if you find a cheaper price later, we will match it

• FLEXIBIILTY: Change your reservation to suit your needs prior to final payment

• COMBINE & SAVE: Combine offer with MSC Voyagers Club exclusive savings

• BOOK EARLY: Choose from the best selection of staterooms and suites

• REDUCED DEPOSIT: Have a reduced deposit as low as $50 per stateroom

• DOUBLE POINTS: Earn Double MSC Voyagers Club points

Receive up to $200 shipboard credit per stateroom:

•  
  • Interior Stateroom: $50 USD/Euro

• Ocean View Stateroom: $75 USD/Euro

• Balcony Stateroom: $100 USD/Euro

• Suite: $150 USD/Euro

• MSC Yacht Club: $200 USD/Euro

Does this apply to all guests though!

From the U.K. as it is not for sale in the U.K. ?

What I cut/paste is the perks we get if we book once onboard. I never thought that there would be different perks for passengers from different countries. I thought it is the same for everyone if you book while onboard.

I emailed the UK Operations email address yesterday, but as at my last message hadn't had a reply. I now have had a reply and I've been told that the TA itinerary isn't yet available to the UK market and they are likely to get further information from Head Office at the end of this month.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Because it seems that different parts of the world have different options when booking directly with MSC I am wondering about a travel agent, I know many have had problems dealing directly with MSC so when I booked our New York cruise yesterday I used the same person who booked our previous 3 MSC cruises, we use Vacations To Go and they have handled everything, I actually have no direct contact with MSC till I get on the ship. Just a thought......

Because it seems that different parts of the world have different options when booking directly with MSC I am wondering about a travel agent, I know many have had problems dealing directly with MSC so when I booked our New York cruise yesterday I used the same person who booked our previous 3 MSC cruises, we use Vacations To Go and they have handled everything, I actually have no direct contact with MSC till I get on the ship. Just a thought......
Surprised that the moderators did not catch your posting, but for future reference, it's against the rules on CC to mention any specific travel agency that you have booked a cruise through.

I looked at the two sailings (Oct 8 and 18) itineraries more closely yesterday. I foolishly thought they were both the same. Now I am torn on which one to book.

Never been to Quebec (which is nice that it's an overnighter) or Boston and Bay Harbor. As my friends say to me..."first world problems".

Does it get colder end of October? Or is the weather pretty much the same throughout October?

Surprised that the moderators did not catch your posting, but for future reference, it's against the rules on CC to mention any specific travel agency that you have booked a cruise through.
I've recently seen posts with the name of the wholesale club agency mentioned. It's not clear that they are blocking posts that mention them anymore (which IMHO is a good thing so long as people don't start advertising). Also, your post was in violation as well since you quoted and included the name.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Edited by MisterBill99

I looked at the two sailings (Oct 8 and 18) itineraries more closely yesterday. I foolishly thought they were both the same. Now I am torn on which one to book.

Never been to Quebec (which is nice that it's an overnighter) or Boston and Bay Harbor. As my friends say to me..."first world problems".

Does it get colder end of October? Or is the weather pretty much the same throughout October?

Personally, I much prefer the first itinerary, but that's partially because we just did a cruise to many of the ports on the second sailing. It can get cooler later in the month, but you can also hit a warm stretch. 10 days isn't going to make a lot of difference, so I wouldn't let that factor into your decision.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I've recently seen posts with the name of the wholesale club agency mentioned. It's not clear that they are blocking posts that mention them anymore (which IMHO is a good thing so long as people don't start advertising). Also, your post was in violation as well since you quoted and included the name.
True, but I was not the author of the violation, so my hands would not be slapped by the moderators and I would not be possibly banned for two weeks for multiple infractions of a different sort. Might have had first hand experience with this in the past :o