X Website - I give up

footer6

I personally think that Celebrity redesigned their website using the 99-cent special from GoDaddy....

They need to be ashamed to have this website available. It is sooooo dysfunctional and user-unfriendly.

Absolutely right.....I am beginning t hate it !!

As a first time celebrity customer I am shocked at how bad the website is. After waiting 45 min's on hold I was told that the issues are to do with upgrades being performed. After listening to the promotional hold music telling me they were the number 1 large cruise company and what a great cruise line they were. With the nonfunctioning website and hold time of 45 minutes they won't be number 1 for long.

As a first time celebrity customer I am shocked at how bad the website is. After waiting 45 min's on hold I was told that the issues are to do with upgrades being performed. After listening to the promotional hold music telling me they were the number 1 large cruise company and what a great cruise line they were. With the nonfunctioning website and hold time of 45 minutes they won't be number 1 for long.

It has been this way for YEARS(no exaggeration) and not likely to change.

Dear Celebrity, will you finally give up on the 16 year old son of the guy in accounts who has been asked to help out with your website in exchange for a new Xbox....

This is your shop window to the world and the window dressing might look fancy but inside the store the tills are broke, the lift isn't working, customer service has gone to lunch, and I'm unable to buy anything despite having a wallet full of money. You shouldn't be happy with that!

For over six months now I've been unable to get basic site functionality with Chrome on my PC.

Every other commercial web sites I use (and I use plenty of them) seems fine but not Celebrity - tried clearing cache, cookies, uninstalling chrome but no the utter £@&£ Celebrity website (U.K. Site) will not let me get past the room type - so basically I can't proceed with a booking. To think I would even dream about inputting my Credit Cards Into a site that us so useless.

I'm not a computer numpty - and whilst no IT expert I've set up home networks, rebuilt machines, and even dine a bit of HTML programming.

Why not use another browser?

If you can't get your website to work under Chrome then why should I trust that your up to the job of looking after my personal and financial details including Credit Card and Passport information.

I'm sick of the pleasantries, apologies and endless talk of upgrades - kind words butter no parsnips. I won't book on line with you until you sort this and give me the confidence that you can design a functioning, secure and logical site. I will book through a travel agent - plenty out there. The risk to you is that they are my second choice. I want to book on the Celebrity site and you only sell Celebrity cruises - money in your pocket. Travel Agents offer more choice - the vast majority of which doesn't involve Celebrity

I've ranted about Celebrity's website in the past. I've just come to accept that for whatever reason, Celebrity's management just doesn't care about the website (hard to believe I know, but that's the only explanation for this ongoing disaster).

I've ranted about Celebrity's website in the past. I've just come to accept that for whatever reason, Celebrity's management just doesn't care about the website (hard to believe I know, but that's the only explanation for this ongoing disaster).

I know I find it beyond comprehension that they are clearly prepared for customers to wonder off to a competitors site or to a TA site offering a wider choice. I mistakingly thought the priority of a commercial website was to keep people on the site and quickly and simply secure a booking. If a potential customer cannot book and us forced to go away that is a disaster.

We keep being told that the Cruiselines are targeting the tech savvy millennials. Presumably these are the same people who want to book on line simply and direct - not build relationships up with travel agents or spend hours on the phone to a sale agent. 20 minutes from now I could, if I wish, hop onto Expedia search book and pay for a multi destination flight to almost anywhere in he world , including virtually any hotel , and throw in food and transfer options in seconds.

So i email Webmaster support to let them know of the issue and surprisingly get a call back thanking me for pointing out their error.

So, if you please, how exactly does one email Webmaster support?

Maybe if we all did that instead of complaining to a CSR they would pay more attention!

So, if you please, how exactly does one email Webmaster support?

Maybe if we all did that instead of complaining to a CSR they would pay more attention!

Or rather than write to them pointing out the problems and hoping they sort them out we could just shop elsewhere.

I shouldn't have to write to them to tell them web site doesn't work, they should know that by testing.

I don't go in to a high street shop and advise them how to improve the customer experience they should do that themselves.

I have said before that I truly do not like that X and RCCL contracted with Accenture for this redesign then it got outsourced to India. I have to do rework for my employer's outsourcing on an almost daily basis.

That said, in my not so humble opinion the site is improving. If you leave your laptop up 24x7 as a lot of us do it really can help to do a hard reboot before trying to do anything on the site.

Tried the reboot, tried the cookie and cache clearing, tried different browsers, tried different computers, tried calling Celebrity, still haven't been able to access the reservation since December 3rd, but maybe if I wait 20 more minutes ... yeah, that's the ticket! What's really sad is you'd think Celebrity would monitor criticisms on this site the way hotels monitor TripAdvisor. The hotels take notice and try to put things right for customers who spend a couple of hundred dollars. Celebrity shows no concern for customers who spend thousands.

Kind of like this web site trying to add a picture. Can't just copy and paste, but we have to use a 3rd party URL to get it to Cruise Critic web site. If you are not software savvy, you could never put on a picture.

In fairness to CC I think that is due to the architecture of the commercial platform on which CC forums sit. I use Flyertalk and SQtalk as well and that is the same and I think might be the same or very similar commercial off the shelf platform (if that is the right technical term) - vbulletin. This software can be configured by the client to look and operate slightly differently but if you go to another site using vbulletin you'll probably find it very similar to use,

Also, CC and Flyertalk aren't trying to desperately trying to sell me something whilst on the forum (yes there is advertising and off the forums it is more overt Cruise plugging) . Photos on the forum are ultimately in my opinion a nice to have rather than a must have. Celebrity can't sell me a holiday through their website and that's surely the reason d'etre of the site

Edited by DYKWIA

I work in IT, If you are using IE make sure you reset your browser. IE is a horrible browser, which makes a lot of sites not work. When you reset the browser it typically fixes all issues. To do this:

To do this:

11) Open IE

22) Click the circular sprocket

33) Internet Options

44) Click the Advanced Tab

55) Click the reset button

66) Once completed close IE and reopen.

Definitely make sure java, and flash players are up to date. They update about once a week. And of course cookies and temp files.

I must be a lucky one i have not had any problems.

Edited by princessjeniffer

I don't know if it would work for Celebrity, but I frequently use the UK version of Royal's website. Can't book on it, but it's easier to select staterooms and shows many more available staterooms in a category.

This always surprises me considering there are far more Americans booking Celebrity and RCL. Why not give the Americans the same info etc? It makes no sense to me.