Out with the Old In with the New - Just off the Regal

seagypsea

To Princess, read my typing... "I want seared scallop appetizer back on the menu at CG".

I normally eat several time per cruise in CG but will stop going because of this change.

framer

Amen!

I don't even mind paying the extra $10 for the lobster. One that size costs more than that at Costco. Where else can you get a $100 meal plus tip for $29/pp including tip? I will still eat there, but really bummed about the seared scallops.

On the Emerald in October and the Crown Grill seared scallop appetizer had been replaced with:

Bay Scallop Timbale, Cajun Crawfish Cream

Toasted corn, fried okra, grits beurre blanc

Described by wait staff as a scallop mousse, it had a whole scallop in the center of the timbale.

Had this last month on the Grand;. there was ONE very tiny bay scallop and One very tiny piece of fried okra, a swirl of cream and dollop of grits.

Hey Host C - would I be out of line if I asked toescat why she can't try on her

vest in her cabin to make sure it fits? Or would that be out of line since she is a

veteran cruiser on Princess and other cruise lines?

I'll take your answer off line

In all seriousness , I think you'll be a great host, if I knew what you are supposed to do as a host;p

Toescat does try hers on when first boards the ship because I am only 5 feet and 100 lbs and sometimes the vest in the cabin are too big for me. BTW My son just got off of the Regal last week and he hates going to the muster drills (bad boy) but they had take their vest with them as did a coworker of mine who was on the Royal over Thanksgiving. I was told by the cruise personnel on my last cruise why veteran cruisers have to attend and we were told that it is the Coast Guard that makes the rules and not the cruise lines.

Interesting to hear about Voice of the Ocean. We received an email from Princess one week ago today regarding the delay in rolling out Ocean Medallion on the Royal next year. That same email included upcoming entertainment options and one of those specifically talked about Voice of the Ocean.

Not surprised they didn't have scallops. Island had the world market cornered last fall and they were serving them at every meal.

Bob, I'm used to reading your posts on the Royal board. Nice to see you here as well. Lee

I was just on the Regal a few weeks ago and they had Voice of the Ocean and Pop Choir. Wow, that changed fast.

I doubt either is gone because they are popular. Voice of the Ocean, I'd guess that not enough contestants signed on. And, Pop Choir is usually only held on 10+ day cruises, but I suspect it might not have been on the poster's cruise because they didn't have a director. I was on the Regal for the repo from New York in October and we always have the first rehearsal on the first sea day, but not this time. We did have it on the 2nd day but they had to recruit one of the crew who was on the ship to help with the installation of the ***** to be our director. He was really very good and lots of fun. I look forward to Pop Choir and hope it's still part of the onboard activities. Oh, and one of my friends won Voice of the Ocean on that cruise!

Maureen

Remembered something else - you don't take your life jacket to muster anymore. There's a new Safety video playing in your cabin and until it plays all the way thru you can't go to another channel and then they play it again at muster. Some new cutesy thing tied into the Love Boat theme song. It'll get old after awhile, but does catch your attention.

This is good news!:) Thanks

Remembered something else - you don't take your life jacket to muster anymore. There's a new Safety video playing in your cabin and until it plays all the way thru you can't go to another channel and then they play it again at muster. Some new cutesy thing tied into the Love Boat theme song. It'll get old after awhile, but does catch your attention.

Must have just changed. We still had to take ours along and go to the assigned lounge area when we sailed in late September.