Say it isn't so...Princess Live

antsp

I can't grasp all the hatred for it as most others have. It seems to serve a purpose that it was designed for and was never intended to use it for trivia or gatherings.

The seats are not that comfortable but sufficient.

Just look at the seats in the show lounge. They're terrible compared to other ships with no drink tray either.

It's easy to criticize but what else could they have done with such a small space?

I can't grasp all the hatred for it as most others have. It seems to serve a purpose that it was designed for and was never intended to use it for trivia or gatherings.

The seats are not that comfortable but sufficient.

Just look at the seats in the show lounge. They're terrible compared to other ships with no drink tray either.

It's easy to criticize but what else could they have done with such a small space?

Unfortunately it's now where they hold almost all of the trivia as well as all the "game show" type events like the marriage game. There were so many times while attending trivia type events at the Wheelhouse that you would join up with your neighbors at surrounding tables and meet new people are now a mute point, as you are all seating facing forward. It just doesn't seem as much of a "relaxed" atmosphere as it once was.

There is a bar outside but there is no where to place your cocktail unless you put it down on the floor.

I don’t understand it at all, there is no bar service in Live so there is no revenue. Make no sense to me at all.

what ship?

when i was on regal the bar is right outside the door. and i was only there for 2 shows but i found it a great distraction on the cold windy rainy day. MUCH better than the NCL breakaway which has virtually nothing to do inside on crappy weather days. PL, combined with the piazza is a wonderful reason to take regal out of NYC in colder weather.

Since, so far, I have refused to cruise on the bigger new ships, because they do not appeal to me, I don't know what Princess Live is.

Could someone please explain what it is and what takes place there.

It replaced Explorer's Lounge and has about the same number of seats in a much smaller space. All but the first row of seats are in a fixed position, so it is hard to form a team for events like trivia and interact with the team members.

It addition, there are big TV cameras which when used block the view from a number of seats.

On the Royal, there is only one entrance/exit, so it tales a while for everyone to leave when an event is over.

We're getting off the Royal today. Fortunately most of the daytime trivias were held in Club 6. They did hold the evening ones in Princess Live. We also went to a few of the nighttime game shows and musical trivias there. I did not mind it as much as I thought I would. We managed to play trivia OK with a team of four. A team of six would be hard to manage unless you got there early enough to snag the moveable seats on the front row.

And no, it is not a "real" TV studio.

What would it take to be a "real" TV studio to you? Seems pretty real to me. Most of the game shows are recorded for later viewing on the in-cabin TVs. It's also where they record the Wake Show (usually privately but occasionally they'll record one with an audience). So yes, it does get used to produce TV shows for on-ship use.

To the poster above who said the cruise staff pretends they're on TV and plays to the cameras. The only time I've observed playing to the cameras is when the show is actually being recorded.

What would it take to be a "real" TV studio to you? Seems pretty real to me. Most of the game shows are recorded for later viewing on the in-cabin TVs. It's also where they record the Wake Show (usually privately but occasionally they'll record one with an audience). So yes, it does get used to produce TV shows for on-ship use.

To the poster above who said the cruise staff pretends they're on TV and plays to the cameras. The only time I've observed playing to the cameras is when the show is actually being recorded.

It also seemed to be real to me and served the purpose for recording shows.

OK, maybe it's not great for trivia.

I can't imagine what else could they possible use that small space for?

It also seemed to be real to me and served the purpose for recording shows.

OK, maybe it's not great for trivia.

I can't imagine what else could they possible use that small space for?

On the 12/3 Regal sailing it was used for:

Famous Face Muitlimedia Trivia

Karaoke Power Hour

Beatles Music Trivia

British Pub Trivia

The Yes/No Gameshow

Who Sang What Beatles Edition

Musical Connection

The Majority Rules Gameshow

Karaoke Fun

Couch Potato Gameshow

Princess Pyramid Gameshow

Liars Club Gameshow

Lyrical Lyrical

I'll take Trivia for 100

Who Sang What: Through the Decades

Cruise Cult Classic: The Marriage Match Gameshow

Who Sang What?

Hollywood You? Gameshow

The Yes/No Gameshow rematch

All trivia every time

Who's the Cuckoo? Game Show

So basically any and all trivia, any and all Gameshows, any and all Karaoke.