Princess "Meet & Mingle"

Northumberland

Hi myfuzzy,

Thank you for your guidance. I'm going to give it a try and hopefully, we'll have good response. If not, we'll enjoy the cruise anyway.

My email is in my signature, any further questions, please ask, just put cruise critic in the subject line

Please watch the video.

Edited by myfuzzy

I have arranged a M&G on Princess after getting a number of "takers" on here first. As said they provide a room and a "closed" bar and will pass on invitations to officers. (Have them named and given in to the Customer Service desk asap.) They also have a contact on board. They also actively discourage ANY discussion of private shorex and go so far as to say that any exchange of money for same could have the persons concerned removed from the ship at the next port.

NCL provide a very good spread and also have a good selection of invited officers attend, I have not found that Captains attend. The Hotel Director leads the staff. While they do not embargo private shore excursion discussions they prefer that people who are known to arrange them, they do a lot of "advertising" on here, just introduce themselves and state where they can be contacted AFTER the M&G.

• 8 months later...
It's unfortunate that other cruise lines don't see the value of "Meet & Mingle" as MSC does. It's not a great deal of work or expense for the cruise lines and it creates some good will and as a former salesman, I believe it great PR. Meeting the officers is a wonderful experience and getting to know other cruise critic members that are sharing the same cruise is great.

Both Celebrity & Royal Caribbean have given areas + refreshments after there is a minimum of 25 or more people attending the M& M . Celebrity calls it Connections Party :p

Does anyone know if there is going to be a Meet&Greet on the Royal Princess Sept 10 sailing?

There is a 'Meet & Greet' 10:00 to 11:00 in the Vista Lounge on Sept 12. There is a spreadsheet with pages for each port and other information at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kkdbQWDRqH2g2l6uPxEG9gHWTLsLFjCO69Wpn6Iipyk/edit#gid=0

Tom

My RCCL cruises seemed to have a better and nicely arranged M&M. Princess not so much. What I look forward to the most is meeting the other roll call members in person that I've chatted with. Also arrange a group dinner or get together for other activities on the ship. It's nice if you can meet some officers and have refreshments, but it's connecting with some new friends that we look forward to.

Tai

OK, I'll bite - what is the importance of having the Captain and some of the officers, attend your meet and greet? just another photo op?;p

The Captain usually begins by giving a little welcome speech which sometimes includes interesting personal details, his attraction to the sea, and other ships he has been Captain on and something about your present ship. Then often, but not always, he takes questions about anything from anyone for 10-15 minutes. If he is not present the staff Captain or senior officer present does the same. If they are not present the cruise director or hotel manager usually fills in. I have found it to be the best part. We are usually crammed into a small or awkward room and the mingling is usually confined to the people in you immediate vicinity. Whoever is in charge usually gives the advice to never discuss private excursions when they are present...besides no one is interested unless they happened to be on the excursion. As it’s breaking up after a half hour or so....the people in charge of various activities or excursions say to meet in this or that corner of the room. The vast majority leave since they are not interested. Above is result of attending about 35 on Princess. I don’t always go but I notice more often the Captain and officers attend and they are getting larger and more interesting...perhaps a tribute to CC. The size for me on Princess has ranged from 20 to 200. A lot depends on who is organizing and how they organize (or not). Recently one created door magnets for us with ship and dates on it and we each gave $2. Well worth it. Recently the head chef brought warm cookies he had just finished, etc. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by bobby3334