Review of Prinsendam Trans-Atlantic, Nov. 2-18, 2017

RetiredMustang

Whoever is the florist on this voyage should be thrown off the ship and eaten by a dolphin.

[emoji23] That is hilarious — I am not a florist but it always amazes me how someone can take something naturally beautiful and make it ugly. I will be paying close attention to the arrangements on my next cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

[emoji23] That is hilarious — I am not a florist but it always amazes me how someone can take something naturally beautiful and make it ugly. I will be paying close attention to the arrangements on my next cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, I was pleased to see that the little pots or orchids are still on the tables in the Lido dining area. That is one thing that distinguishes HAL from Princess.

My husband and I were on thisTA with you and it was our first time on Prinsendam. We enjoyed it so much that we booked the Fort Lauderdale round trip to the Amazon for 2018. Thank you for such a good record of the trip. We took totally different shore excursions and were equally pleased with them. We met so many nice people and had so many enjoyable conversations. Just the kind of relaxing trip we like.

My husband and I were on thisTA with you and it was our first time on Prinsendam. We enjoyed it so much that we booked the Fort Lauderdale round trip to the Amazon for 2018. Thank you for such a good record of the trip. We took totally different shore excursions and were equally pleased with them. We met so many nice people and had so many enjoyable conversations. Just the kind of relaxing trip we like.

We will join you on the Amazon next Nov. That will be our 3rd time on the P'dam and 2nd time on the Amazon. We look forward to meeting you then. See you on the Amazon roll call...

Happy Holidays to all!

Hi Dave,

Our sincere thanks for your outstanding description of your Prinsendam TA. We are booked on the 2018 TA. You have totally alleviated all of our apprehensions as first time Prinsendam cruisers! We are so excited now. Beautiful, classy ship with a full series of lectures (one of my favorite things to attend on board). Thanks again!

Ali and Aisha

Hi Dave,

Our sincere thanks for your outstanding description of your Prinsendam TA. We are booked on the 2018 TA. You have totally alleviated all of our apprehensions as first time Prinsendam cruisers! We are so excited now. Beautiful, classy ship with a full series of lectures (one of my favorite things to attend on board). Thanks again!

Ali and Aisha

Which TA are you on? We are on the May one in 2018.

Or are you returning in the fall?

For the record, this will be our 4th sailing on her. Our first was with a bit of apprehension. It was gone in 10 minutes. Fabulous crew on a lovely, elegant ship. We love her and her itineraries.

Which TA are you on? We are on the May one in 2018.

We are considering the May TA. We have done about a dozen TA's all on much larger ships. My concern is my wife is prone to seasickness and I'm wondering how Prinsendam rides in a moderate seas. The fact that this itinerary hop scotches across the Atlantic with no more than four sea days in a row is a mitigating factor.

We have done about a dozen TA's all on much larger ships. My concern is my wife is prone to seasickness and I'm wondering how Prinsendam rides in a moderate seas.

How a ship rides the seas has more to do with the shape of the hull than how large it is. The Prinsendam was built to sail the seven seas, and she cuts through the water, as opposed to riding the waves. Since she is small, with less structure to her sides, she doesn't catch the wind the way some of the big ships do. The Prinsendam gives a good ride.

• 2 months later...

I just found this and really enjoyed it; thanks so much for the thorough posting! We just booked the Amazon for 11/19 and haven't sailed on her in many years. Actually, since that back part of the Lido was open with canvas covering, it was that long ago. We went on many Grands on her and found her to be sort of like a "comfortable old slipper". I don't mean that in a derogatory way at all...just that she is very comfortable with a relaxed atmosphere...a good thing!

I'm glad to see that the comfy seating is still there; we had chairs we sat in in Explorers over the years and the staff said they said that they should just put plaques with our names on them. :cool:

Thanks again!

Linda R.