Just off Zuiderdam

pamrose228

From your previous thread about arriving late at the MDR where timing of your meal delivery is crucial:

"My issue is my diabetes. I am insulin dependent and must eat at certain times 5:30 too early 6:15 right on mark. I need to take short insulin right before I eat. Open dining doesn’t work. I can be in the MDR on time but really can’t start eating. Don’t eat much in appetizer dept, so that helps basically one main entree a sugar free dessert. I am always finished within an hour. I much rather come in 15 minutes late if not so be. I also have special diet so they usually get my order out last since it is preordered."

i never said what you suggested. Show me where, i didnt care when i got served but what, i also expected someone after several discussions ti attend ti my needs, what sbout the sharpie red box i asked for 6 times. BS went up to almost 500 could have been fatal

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Excuse my ignorance, but why does the absence of the red box prevent one from injecting the medicine? Isn't the red box used only for the safe disposal of needles? I would have though that the sight of a needle on the bathroom counter would have sent the staff scurrying down the hall for a red box.

If I weren't getting the needle disposal box I needed as desperately as you seemed to, then I would just go to the Infirmary and ask for one. They not only have them, they insist on you using them.

No need to make a bigger deal of something than it really is.

If I weren't getting the needle disposal box I needed as desperately as you seemed to, then I would just go to the Infirmary and ask for one. They not only have them, they insist on you using them.

No need to make a bigger deal of something than it really is.

bigger deal, gyest aervices couldnt care less. Woukd you like to get stuxk with the remnants of insulin and btw i went ti medical twice. Nada

Excuse my ignorance, but why does the absence of the red box prevent one from injecting the medicine? Isn't the red box used only for the safe disposal of needles? I would have though that the sight of a needle on the bathroom counter would have sent the staff scurrying down the hall for a red box.

it didnt but how was i to dispose on insulin filled needles?

From your previous thread about arriving late at the MDR where timing of your meal delivery is crucial:

"My issue is my diabetes. I am insulin dependent and must eat at certain times 5:30 too early 6:15 right on mark. I need to take short insulin right before I eat. Open dining doesn’t work. I can be in the MDR on time but really can’t start eating. Don’t eat much in appetizer dept, so that helps basically one main entree a sugar free dessert. I am always finished within an hour. I much rather come in 15 minutes late if not so be. I also have special diet so they usually get my order out last since it is preordered."

you really dont get it, i take a short acting insulin which works an hour inti the injectiin after an hourvi hsve passed out been hospilized. Eating is the only cure. I dont look like a diabetic thin and fit but am. My wish is none of you fools never get it but fat people are at greater risk,

I must also east 5 ti 6 hours after last meal

You seem to make mountain ranges out of anthills.

I travel with a fairly small container to hold my used lancets. When I have taken the container to the Infirmary asking them to dispose of the contents, or asked them to dispose of the vial of used test strips, they have tracked me down to be sure a container was placed in my cabin---even though I had my own containers.

Other times they have gone out of their way to see to it that my used medical waste is disposed of according to law.

I'm not buying it that the Infirmary wouldn't give you a container.

On a recent seabourn cruise, for reasons pertaining to excursion exclusions, I maintained anonymity concerning my diabetes which I control with insulin injections. I simply kept the needles and packed them out. No harm done and no-one was the wiser.

Me neither, Ruth!

She does seem to make mountain ranges out of anthills and, IMO, is proud of it! She stated on a pre-Cruise thread how she "throws hissy fits"! I can just imagine what the Staff and Crew had to endure for her time onboard! Sad!

you really dont get it, i take a short acting insulin which works an hour inti the injectiin after an hourvi hsve passed out been hospilized. Eating is the only cure. I dont look like a diabetic thin and fit but am. My wish is none of you fools never get it but fat people are at greater risk,

I must also east 5 ti 6 hours after last meal

Oh, I get it all right. The genetics on both sides of the family means diabetes is rampart in my family and becoming diabetic is basically a matter of when, not if. I have cruised with diabetic family members (insulin or other medication) and they have no problem with eating on HAL or ensuring that their cruise experience does not cause problems with their medical needs.

I have only avoided the diabetes diagnosis due to my strict exercise routine and control of blood glucose level swings by a way of eating that involves carb control and timing of food. My doctor tells me if I didn't exercise and eat as I do, I definitely would have slipped over the edge of pre-diabetic a long time ago and have been diabetic by now.

So, yes, I am really intereted in hearing how HAL is responsible for your diabetic problems on the cruise.

And because I have traveled with younger family members [children and younger adults (18 -30)] who enjoy HAL, I would like to know how HAL doesn't repect younger cruisers.

I travel with a fairly small container to hold my used lancets. When I have taken the container to the Infirmary asking them to dispose of the contents, or asked them to dispose of the vial of used test strips, they have tracked me down to be sure a container was placed in my cabin---even though I had my own containers.

Other times they have gone out of their way to see to it that my used medical waste is disposed of according to law.

thanks . I'm glad it's not just me ;)

I was anxious to hear about TWO comped experiences in the Pinnacle Grill!

first was lunch via my TA

Lunch took a ling 2.5 hours many errors in kitchen

Second was dinner to makeuo forlunch

Lots of folks complained about tough steaks

I do appreciate your honesty and how you felt the service,food, etc etc was on your trip everyone has different experiences I’m sorry to hear yours weren’t up to your expectations. Don’t let it deter you from cruising again in the future. Looking forward to more of your posts regarding this trip

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do appreciate your honesty and how you felt the service,food, etc etc was on your trip everyone has different experiences I’m sorry to hear yours weren’t up to your expectations. Don’t let it deter you from cruising again in the future. Looking forward to more of your posts regarding this trip

Sent from my iPad using Forums

thanks looking at MSC for next years cruise. Anyone been on one?

Ahhhh. Not to split hairs, but you were actually "gifted" lunch from your TA. Then comped by HAL to make up for the unsatisfactory experience at lunch.

Not bad -- offering a $35 dinner to make up for a $10 lunch! Pretty generous of HAL

All the lunch times I saw on ships were from 11:30 to 1:00.

How in the world can you be there 2.5 hours.

Did you just stay there all alone in the MDR, and complain to the walls.

Also, including complaints on hearsay is a stretch.

Feel sorry for the crew, handling your stay.

My husband is a diabetic and has a severe allergy to all citrus.we have been cruising on HAL ships since 2006 and have approximately 30 cruises.

Upon embarkation we always speak to either the Lido Mgr, or DRM about his restrictions. Never a problem with the food

He has never had a problem with his sugars being out of control or his allergy. He gets the menu night before and selects his meal.

And if you read the menu correctly there is no such item as a sugar free dessert, but there are no sugar added items.

We spent 26 days on the Zuiderdam this spring, and found her crew to be one of the best.

My husband is a diabetic and has a severe allergy to all citrus.we have been cruising on HAL ships since 2006 and have approximately 30 cruises.

Upon embarkation we always speak to either the Lido Mgr, or DRM about his restrictions. Never a problem with the food

He has never had a problem with his sugars being out of control or his allergy. He gets the menu night before and selects his meal.

And if you read the menu correctly there is no such item as a sugar free dessert, but there are no sugar added items.

We spent 26 days on the Zuiderdam this spring, and found her crew to be one of the best.

That's great that you had a wonderful experience on the Z earlier this year. It is unfortunate that the OP did not experience a similar level of service on her cruise. Two people on the same cruise can have widely different experiences, let alone two people on the same ship with sailings months apart.

Ahhhh. Not to split hairs, but you were actually "gifted" lunch from your TA. Then comped by HAL to make up for the unsatisfactory experience at lunch.

That is splitting hairs. The OP originally stated two comp meals in the PG - did not explain how or why they were comped.